HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Besides Crosby, next year who are...

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2004, 11:08 AM
NYblades

vCash: 500
Besides Crosby, next year who are...

the other stud players to look for in next years draft (assuming there is one), Dmen, and European players?

Old
06-28-2004, 02:58 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYblades
the other stud players to look for in next years draft (assuming there is one), Dmen, and European players?
Top 5

Crosby - Like Ovechkin, he'll go #1
Gilbert Brule - WHL Offensive Center who hits hard, plays hard.
Jakub Sindl - Czech touted as the best overall D-man in 05.
Jack Johnson - Smartest US D-man since Leetch. Hmm....
Vitaly Anikeenko - D-man, nicknamed 'The Russian Tank'

Old
06-28-2004, 03:03 PM
nyray

Here's a interesting question...if there is no season....how will the draft order be determined next year?

Old
06-28-2004, 03:09 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyray
Here's a interesting question...if there is no season....how will the draft order be determined next year?

Nobody knows for sure.

Old
06-28-2004, 03:13 PM
nyray

I'd have to imagine that it would be determined through some sort of weighted lottery....but lets hope that we will not have to find out

Old
06-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Top 5

Crosby - Like Ovechkin, he'll go #1
Gilbert Brule - WHL Offensive Center who hits hard, plays hard.
Jakub Sindl - Czech touted as the best overall D-man in 05.
Jack Johnson - Smartest US D-man since Leetch. Hmm....
BN, what do you think of Latendresse? I haven't seen him play, but he sounds like a potential power forward.

Old
06-28-2004, 03:46 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
BN, what do you think of Latendresse? I haven't seen him play, but he sounds like a potential power forward.
I like him, would've posted his name as well but can't spell it yet

I went to see him play but he was injured, luckilly it was a game vs. Rimouski so I got to see Crosby play. I talked to about a dozen Drummondville fans and they say he's a can't miss power forward. Looking at him from a distance I can tell he's a power forward, looks like he's 19 or 20, not 17. I'd say he's top ten material going into next season, though there are some very impressive players available in 05.

Old
06-28-2004, 04:09 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
I like him, would've posted his name as well but can't spell it yet
That's why I copy-pasted it.

Old
06-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Edge

I really like Brule.

He is small but solidly built, if he can add some size and weight and keep progressing he could be a dynamite offensive center who isn't afraid to get dirty as well.

Old
06-29-2004, 02:39 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyray
Maybe they could possibly keep the same draft order, and just re do the lottery. We are guaranteed a top pick, but im not sure if that would be fair...ahh who knows, just play hockey next season, please.

Old
06-29-2004, 05:25 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Maybe they could possibly keep the same draft order, and just re do the lottery. We are guaranteed a top pick, but im not sure if that would be fair...ahh who knows, just play hockey next season, please.
I think I've read that what you proposed has exactly been discussed.

Old
06-29-2004, 05:54 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I think I've read that what you proposed has exactly been discussed.
Yeah, I could see them doing that...I can't think of anyother way to do it.

Old
06-29-2004, 07:01 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
This is perhaps the biggest reason I want some kind of a season next year. We are going to have improved draft position (how's that for putting an optimistic face on things) for what is supposed to be an excellent draft crop. I fear that what they will do if there is no season is mandate random alottment of draft picks in the first round, so we would be just as likely to get the 30th pick as to get the first.

Old
06-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
This is perhaps the biggest reason I want some kind of a season next year. We are going to have improved draft position (how's that for putting an optimistic face on things) for what is supposed to be an excellent draft crop. I fear that what they will do if there is no season is mandate random alottment of draft picks in the first round, so we would be just as likely to get the 30th pick as to get the first.
That would be horrible...To give a team like the Lightning or the Flames or the Flyer a top 5 pick would be ridiculous.

Old
06-29-2004, 10:52 AM
Onion Boy

What they should do is have a random reordering of the non-playoff clubs and then another random reordering of the playoff teams.

Old
06-29-2004, 12:45 PM
TKLOOCH22

Next year, if there is one, should feature a great top end. Sidney Crosby, Gilbert Brule, Guillame Latendresse, Vitaly Anikeenko, Jack Johnson, Tuukka Rask, Marek Zagrapan, Bobby Ryan, Matt Lashoff, Dan Bertram, Jakub Kindl, Andrew Cogliano, Romy Elayoubi, Teemu Laakso, Devin Setoguchi, Chris Durand, Risto Korhonen, Siarhei Kastsitsyn, Morten Madsen, Mike Gauthier, J-P Levasseur, Brock Bradford, Marc Staal, Christopher Gawlick, Ray Macias...

Old
06-29-2004, 07:16 PM
NYR2

Quote:
To go along with 'Huge Specimen'?

I'm liking the sound of someone nicknamed The Russian Tank lol.

Old
06-29-2004, 07:18 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKLOOCH22
Next year, if there is one, should feature a great top end. Sidney Crosby, Gilbert Brule, Guillame Latendresse, Vitaly Anikeenko, Jack Johnson, Tuukka Rask, Marek Zagrapan, Bobby Ryan, Matt Lashoff, Dan Bertram, Jakub Kindl, Andrew Cogliano, Romy Elayoubi, Teemu Laakso, Devin Setoguchi, Chris Durand, Risto Korhonen, Siarhei Kastsitsyn, Morten Madsen, Mike Gauthier, J-P Levasseur, Brock Bradford, Marc Staal, Christopher Gawlick, Ray Macias...
Lets hope we can stock up in the next draft as well

Old
06-29-2004, 08:30 PM
OldBlueSeats

well we have started off good, with 2 extra 2nd rounders and our 1st and 2nd rounders its 4 in the top 60, we have 2nd's from the Flyers and Leafs... keep on stocking up! Did you hear Brian burke yap how the tradedeadline has to be moved up so teams will save ther picks, Hello....... he traded away a few of his picks this year???? he talks out both sides of his mouth.

Old
06-29-2004, 08:37 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueSeats
well we have started off good, with 2 extra 2nd rounders and our 1st and 2nd rounders its 4 in the top 60, we have 2nd's from the Flyers and Leafs... keep on stocking up! Did you hear Brian burke yap how the tradedeadline has to be moved up so teams will save ther picks, Hello....... he traded away a few of his picks this year???? he talks out both sides of his mouth.

lol, yes he does. What do you think we could trade to gather some more picks?

Old
06-29-2004, 09:41 PM
free0717

I would say if there is no season, cancel the draft till the next season. To have an extra year to evaluate players would be awesome. I always believed that the
20 year old draft should be reinstated. With a 20 yo draft in lieu of 18, it would take 2 years of the development time. Instead of needing 5 years to evaluate a draft, the draft could be evaluated in 3 years. With a 20 yo draft, I bet you would see half the 1st round picks in the NHL in there draft year.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:33 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
lol, yes he does. What do you think we could trade to gather some more picks?
I don't know that we have much, we traded away most of our assets at the trading deadline. Jagr and Holik would have value where it not for their contracts, but i don't think sather wants to trade them anyway. If poti has a bounce back year (if there's hockey) and shows some defensive responcibility on top of his scoring ability he could bring back decent value. If kaspertitis is healthy and plays well he could also bring back a good return. Aside from that (and both of those are big ifs) i can't think of much else.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:39 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
I don't know that we have much, we traded away most of our assets at the trading deadline. Jagr and Holik would have value where it not for their contracts, but i don't think sather wants to trade them anyway. If poti has a bounce back year (if there's hockey) and shows some defensive responcibility on top of his scoring ability he could bring back decent value. If kaspertitis is healthy and plays well he could also bring back a good return. Aside from that (and both of those are big ifs) i can't think of much else.
im not even sure what Kaspar can bring back, because of his contract. Doesn't look like we're gonna be able to cash in ion this deep draft the way we did in this past draft.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:54 PM
xander

give me crosby and i'll wave all our picks for the first 3 rounds.

4 picks in the top 2 rounds (hopefully one in the top 5) is still pretty decent.

Old
06-30-2004, 12:57 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander
give me crosby and i'll wave all our picks for the first 3 rounds.

4 picks in the top 2 rounds (hopefully one in the top 5) is still pretty decent.
lol, obviously i'd give up all my picks for that kid. Chances are we wont win whatever kind of lottery there is, and we probably wont be able to trade up for the first pick. So we need to stock up on as many picks as possible

Closed Thread