HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Nikulin to be traded soon

Old
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Alexander Nikulin to be traded soon

It's just speculation but Nikulin isn't traveling with the Senators' farm team and Murray has said he has some teams who are interested.

IMO we could very well see a deal going down in the next couple of days, possibly even packaged with Schubert

Is there any teams that are interested in him? He wants to be in the NHL now FYI

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Barney Gumble

vCash: 500
If you had to compare him to a current NHLer - which player would he mostly resemble (I know "jack" about Nikulin).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Nikulin is the Russian sens prospect that has been keeping a blog, ThirtyFive has been awesome in translating it for all of us here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=446867

In this blog entry, "Goodbye, Ottawa", he says he's asked for a trade. So, he's definately going. Maybe him and Schubert?

Quote:
I will say right away that if I’m going back to Russia, it’s only to play for the CSKA. When I’d be able to join the team I don’t know. Maybe in about two weeks, but perhaps more time needs to pass.

One thing is clear: I will not be playing for Ottawa. A lot of stuff’s happened during this time. Ilja Zubov and I were sent down to the farm, prior to which I was told they were unsatisfied with the results of my tests. That was rather strange to hear, because I improved all my results from last year. And anyway, tests are one thing; playing the game is another. They didn’t give me a chance to play in the exhibition games. But did give that chance to Ilja Zubov. Put him on the fourth line with the tough guys—try and prove yourself there. I don’t even know what’s better; maybe, like in my case, to never take to the ice at all. And could the tests really matter that much? Especially given the fact I played on the big team last season, having worse conditioning status than I do now. Plus, players with better results were sent down. So it’s not just the tests.

Only afterwards did it become known that the coach just doesn’t see me on his team. Just doesn’t see me there, and that’s it. He didn’t explain anything to me personally, my agent was told of this, but that’s the official version. That seems a lot more like the truth, but I still don’t understand why I couldn’t have been given just one chance, why I was simply crossed out.

So, I’ve asked for a trade, and the General Manager of the Senators Bryan Murray has agreed.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
If you had to compare him to a current NHLer - which player would he mostly resemble (I know "jack" about Nikulin).
A very poor man's Alexei Kovalev

He is very skilled, your typical Russian. Great with the puck but Nikulin is actually pretty good in his own end. Not physical, doesn't have the drive of an Ovechkin either.

Old
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
hfboardsuser

How about Ladislav Smid? The Oilers have sent him down again after Jason Strudwick proved to be a better fit for the bottom pairing. Nikulin and Laddy share the same problem- they have the size and strength to be physical forces, but seemingly not the will. I think he'd be a nice addition to our fourth line and maybe he can be more than that.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:27 PM
PhysicalTorque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Kyle Wellwood

PhysicalTorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
How about Ladislav Smid? The Oilers have sent him down again after Jason Strudwick proved to be a better fit for the bottom pairing. Nikulin and Laddy share the same problem- they have the size and strength to be physical forces, but seemingly not the will. I think he'd be a nice addition to our fourth line and maybe he can be more than that.
Done, but will Nikulin actually be able to play in Edmonton?

Old
10-09-2008, 05:34 PM
40oz

Sounds like a great candidate to run for the KHL... His value cant be too much.

40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:35 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Sounds like a great candidate to run for the KHL... His value cant be too much.
Only if he goes to a team like Detroit where he will have no chance to play, and Ottawa has too much depth as well so he is stuck in a similar situation here

Old
10-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Lionheart

Maybe the Isles if Bailey doesn't last past 10 games?

Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Airborne Troll*

It's going to be very interesting to see where he ends up as far as Sens fans are concerned

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Kamina
Amok

Bawwww. ;_;

Kamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:47 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Probably won't be more than an AHL deal. Binghamton needs help on defense right now.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Airborne Troll*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Probably won't be more than an AHL deal. Binghamton needs help on defense right now.
Maybe, but I have a feeling that Schubert is going to get involed in the deal

It would be awesome to acquire one of those top prospects that got sent down lately but we would have to throw in the picks

Airborne Troll* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Ice Cream Man
Size? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senators Master View Post
Maybe, but I have a feeling that Schubert is going to get involed in the deal

It would be awesome to acquire one of those top prospects that got sent down lately but we would have to throw in the picks
Why are Sens fans so interested in getting rid of Schubert? Can't he play both positions (winger and defenseman)? If that's the case, why not keep him for that flexibility? Surely he's still young and can contribute to your lineup for atleast another couple years.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Ouroboros

Quote:
This would be excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Why are Sens fans so interested in getting rid of Schubert? Can't he play both positions (winger and defenseman)? If that's the case, why not keep him for that flexibility? Surely he's still young and can contribute to your lineup for atleast another couple years.
He plays both positions pretty poorly. His only value as a forward is banging bodies around which Ottawa already has plenty of and he's not shown himself capable of playing defence effectively at even strength.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Ice Cream Man
Size? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
He plays both positions pretty poorly. His only value as a forward is banging bodies around which Ottawa already has plenty of and he's not shown himself capable of playing defence effectively at even strength.
Then why would anyone want him? Seems like a team would be better off promoting someone from within, instead of giving ice time to this plugger.

His trade value is little, if any at all if this is the case.

Ice Cream Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Ouroboros

Quote:
Then why would anyone want him? Seems like a team would be better off promoting someone from within, instead of giving ice time to this plugger.

I don't think anybody does want him.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

maybe the Thrashers should make a pitch for him

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Sensfanman

Quote:
This would be excellent!

Quote:

Quote:
I don't think anybody does want him.
I disagree, most people in Ottawa think he could be pretty good on defense with the tools he has (size, speed, strength, shot, etc), he just needs time to develop smarts since he doesn't have them naturally and he's not getting the time.

Now, he was promised a spot on D at the end of last year, then the Meszaros trade gets Picard into that spot. Schubert was not too happy at having to play forward after being promised D, his natural position and so Sens fans think he should be traded for 2 reasons:

1) He's actually not bad and could fetch decent return in a way needed on the Sens

2) He's not that good and people just want him to get his dues elsewhere

As for Nikulin, he's a decent playmaking, two way player. He's got ok upside, high end of a 2nd liner, probably a 3rd or 4th. I don't want to compare him to another Russian, so I will say he's like Scottie Upshall.

Sensfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
hehe, done. Don't think Nikulin is that valuable though. Ottawa can't develop goaltenders but they sure can develop dmen.

Dick Whitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Obama

the leafs want him, what do you want from the leafs

Obama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SilverCup View Post
Nikulin is the Russian sens prospect that has been keeping a blog, ThirtyFive has been awesome in translating it for all of us here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=446867

In this blog entry, "Goodbye, Ottawa", he says he's asked for a trade.
Nothing like self-important ramblings from someone yet to accomplish a damn thing in the NHL.

Meanwhile the Joe Sakics of the world earn their roster spots, produce for decades and keep their feeeeeelings to themselves.

The difference between character...and lack of it.

Trottier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
Nothing like self-important ramblings from someone yet to accomplish a damn thing in the NHL.

Meanwhile the Joe Sakics of the world earn their roster spots, produce for decades and keep their feeeeeelings to themselves.

The difference between character...and lack of it.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I like confidence in a player, and the drive for nothing less than excellence, but where do players like this come off??

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 09:28 PM
FruityPants3*

God I love immature Russians NHL players.

Quote:
A lot of stuff’s happened during this time. Ilja Zubov and I were sent down to the farm, prior to which I was told they were unsatisfied with the results of my tests. That was rather strange to hear, because I improved all my results from last year. And anyway, tests are one thing; playing the game is another. They didn’t give me a chance to play in the exhibition games. But did give that chance to Ilja Zubov. Put him on the fourth line with the tough guys—try and prove yourself there. I don’t even know what’s better; maybe, like in my case, to never take to the ice at all. And could the tests really matter that much?

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote