HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Randy Jones (UPDATE -- Scheduled absence reduced -- Post #139)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2008, 03:55 PM
  #51
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
Smid would be a great addition if we can get him for a minor prospect.

Still, Berard looks tempting.
but with him and eminger, that seems like 2 guys who play good offense but are not strong in there own zone, plus sbisa would make 3 at this point as in 3 unrelaible d-men

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 04:06 PM
  #52
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Kyle Mclaren. But we can't find the salary cap room for him.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 04:11 PM
  #53
Jobu
Registered User
 
Jobu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,263
vCash: 500
What sort of opportunity does this open up for Eminger? I assume he'll be on the point with Coburn on PP #2?

Jobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 04:28 PM
  #54
jb**
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Planet Lovetron
Country: Italy
Posts: 8,556
vCash: 500
who knows maybe the russian team "loans" out bodrov for a few cases of tastycakes. pretzels, and cheesesteaks, throw in a hoagie and deal is done.

bring back markov

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 04:32 PM
  #55
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobu View Post
What sort of opportunity does this open up for Eminger? I assume he'll be on the point with Coburn on PP #2?
probally
Richards-Timmonen
Coburn- Eminger

I do not see Sbisa getting that pressure on him to play PP, although he will probally get a few oppritunities

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
  #56
turkinaa
Registered User
 
turkinaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
but with him and eminger, that seems like 2 guys who play good offense but are not strong in there own zone, plus sbisa would make 3 at this point as in 3 unrelaible d-men
That might have to be a risk we take, their D partners will have to pick it up. Berard is also an injury risk, but with the ways things are going we're going to be lucky to have a healthy team come play-off time.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:01 PM
  #57
mm6492
Registered User
 
mm6492's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 8,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
That might have to be a risk we take, their D partners will have to pick it up. Berard is also an injury risk, but with the ways things are going we're going to be lucky to have a healthy team come play-off time.
we will not have a healthy team, we will just ahve to make good moves, hope call ups stay and hope that the main peices (Richards, Timmonen, Coburn, Biron) stay healthy for 82 games

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:17 PM
  #58
Lostiburones12
 
Lostiburones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 105
vCash: 500
Damn I wish you guys could nab McLaren. He wouldn't cost you anything but as always the cap is an issue. I think you guys would like him for your bottom pairing too, he's still got a mean streak in him despite slowing down with age.

Lostiburones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
  #59
chimrichalds18
the key
 
chimrichalds18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
under 'flyers notes' in the jones article on philadelphiaflyers.com it says that richards is healthy, he just didn't practice

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:28 PM
  #60
Breeze 44
Registered User
 
Breeze 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Identifying concussions symptoms is such a problem for Flyers medical stuff.

I am just curious why did Flyers medical stuff wait all pre-season long and not decide to do it?
What does that have to do with a torn labrum....?

Breeze 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 05:45 PM
  #61
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
well at least now Stevens can't play him. Of all the mediocre talent we have ever had Stevens is the only reason Jones isn't terrible...no one else has been given half the chance he has. Now Kukks can have a deserving spot
Hes right where he deserves to be, 7th or 8th defenseman and he now gets to prove useful for a few months until healthier, better options are available. If kukkonen isn't blocking a shot hes pretty much useless. He's very good at blocking shots, but his game is pretty much lacking in every other department.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 06:25 PM
  #62
Flukeshot
Holmgren activate!
 
Flukeshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Milton, Ont
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 50
We desperately need a top 4 defenseman, we can't just add some other team's #6 or 7 guy and hope that will be a good fix. I'm not a Randy Wayne Jones fan myself and feel on a solid team he'd be a #6 or 7 already. Right now our we really only have 2 top pairing D in Timonen and Coburn and then a bunch of 3rd pairing guys.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 07:12 PM
  #63
FlyLife
Nuthin but a G Thang
 
FlyLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Livin the High Life
Country: United States
Posts: 2,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffleafsfan91 View Post
Pavel Kubina for Joffrey Lupul

FlyLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 12:08 AM
  #64
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...
 
Dig Out Your Soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff VanRichards View Post
All I see is a red x, but I hope that was a picture of someone giving the finger.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 12:42 AM
  #65
curtisinpa
Registered User
 
curtisinpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Bryan Berard we are sorry! COME BACK! I say we try and off-load Knuble for a Defensemen.

curtisinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 07:28 AM
  #66
Pringles
Registered User
 
Pringles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
any interest in Schubert from Ottawa?

Pringles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 07:50 AM
  #67
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens fan in Toronto View Post
any interest in Schubert from Ottawa?
Volchenkov? Dont mind if I do.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 10:27 AM
  #68
FlyersMania2
Registered User
 
FlyersMania2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Here's to hoping. I will throw a party if this is the case and he never wears orange and black again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Just maybe they discover some type of degenerative disease that will prevent him from playing again. At least for the flyers.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 10:31 AM
  #69
Pope Pogo II
 
Pope Pogo II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 683
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pope Pogo II Send a message via Yahoo to Pope Pogo II
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisinpa View Post
Bryan Berard we are sorry! COME BACK! I say we try and off-load Knuble for a Defensemen.
I've been praying/hoping that for a little over a year now.

Pope Pogo II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 12:00 PM
  #70
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Cam Barker was sent to AHL because Hawks have cap issues. I think he makes 2.8M a year. Cam started to play well in the end of last season. I do not think he will solve our problems right away but Barker is another player I would be willing to trade for. Decent long term solution on our blue line.

Maybe trade Knuble for a draft pick (2nd?)and prospect and then work out a deal with Hawks? Flyers move salary and make room for Barker. Canes receive a veteran player because they need a forward.

Send our 3rd and prospect like Nodl (or a d-sive prospect) plus whatever Homer can get from Canes to Chicago?

Honestly, I am not sure is Cam is available or what Hawks are looking for in return.


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-10-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM
  #71
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,150
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Cam Barker was sent to AHL because Hawks have cap issues. I think he makes 2.8M a year. Cam started to play well in the end of last season. I do not think he will solve our problems right away but Barker is another player I would be willing to trade for. Decent long term solution on our blue line.

Maybe trade Knuble for a draft pick (2nd?)and prospect and then work out a deal with Hawks? Flyers move salary and make room for Barker. Canes receive a veteran player because they need a forward.

Send our 3rd and prospect like Nodl (or a d-sive prospect) plus whatever Homer can get from Canes to Chicago?

Honestly, I am not sure is Cam is available or what Hawks are looking for in return.
If and that is a big IF that the Hawks would be looking to move Barker, they would be looking to take on less salary then Knuble, and they would want a prospect and a pick I would think.
Dont think they are moving him anyway. they are just waiting to see if they can get a sucker for Khabibuilin.


Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 10-10-2008 at 12:31 PM.
GoneFullHextall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 12:53 PM
  #72
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
If and that is a big IF that the Hawks would be looking to move Barker, they would be looking to take on less salary then Knuble, and they would want a prospect and a pick I would think.
Dont think they are moving him anyway. they are just waiting to see if they can get a sucker for Khabibuilin.
Ok, lets try this again.

Knuble goes to Canes for 2nd plus and 6C prospect. They need a forward.
Flyers add a pick, 3rd and a prospect like Nodl or Ratchuk to whatever return we get from Carolina
Move all that for Barker.

Quality for quantity?

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
  #73
EasyMac
Registered User
 
EasyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Cam Barker was sent to AHL because Hawks have cap issues. I think he makes 2.8M a year. Cam started to play well in the end of last season. I do not think he will solve our problems right away but Barker is another player I would be willing to trade for. Decent long term solution on our blue line.

Maybe trade Knuble for a draft pick (2nd?)and prospect and then work out a deal with Hawks? Flyers move salary and make room for Barker. Canes receive a veteran player because they need a forward.

Send our 3rd and prospect like Nodl (or a d-sive prospect) plus whatever Homer can get from Canes to Chicago?

Honestly, I am not sure is Cam is available or what Hawks are looking for in return.
I imagine they are still looking at getting Khabby into the KHL which will more then solve their cap problems. Even if they can't get that worked out, I doubt they would move Barker just because they can't afford him on the pro team, they likely would prefer just to keep him in the minors until a move is made unless they get an offer that is too good to turn down.

EasyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 02:10 PM
  #74
lancer247
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
What does that have to do with a torn labrum....?
i was wondering why they didn't take a more aggressive approach toward the shoulder injury too? wasn't the shoulder injury from 2-3 weeks ago?

hopefully the recovery will only be like 8-10 weeks.
does anyone remember how long gauhtier was out when he had his labrum surgery 2 seasos ago?

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 02:11 PM
  #75
Kaktus*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 22,389
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze 44 View Post
What does that have to do with a torn labrum....?
Nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMac View Post
I imagine they are still looking at getting Khabby into the KHL which will more then solve their cap problems. Even if they can't get that worked out, I doubt they would move Barker just because they can't afford him on the pro team, they likely would prefer just to keep him in the minors until a move is made unless they get an offer that is too good to turn down.
Maybe but then again maybe not. We used to trrade with Hawks all the time.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/chi081008.html


Last edited by Kaktus*: 10-10-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.