HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can you see Rolston in a habs uniform?

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 10:13 PM
keemo905

vCash: 500
Can you see Rolston in a habs uniform?

I don't know but even if he played bad against us in the playoff, I can't stop thinking that he would look very good in a habs uniform. I could see him with Rib on the second line (with Ryder). He is like 6'3 and 230 pounds and has a good shot. He is very responsible defensively and will net close to 30 for you every year.

I know that the Bruins coach doesn't like him and that they won't qualify him... He could be had for under 3 millions a year.

What do you guys think?

Old
06-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Zednik

Yess, I would take him. With the loss of Juneau, Sundstrom, Dowd and Dackell, he would certainly be a great asset on the penalty kill. However, I don't think he would sign for less than 3 millions.

Old
06-29-2004, 10:29 PM
SuperUnknown

We have Bonk, no need for Rolston.

Old
06-29-2004, 10:31 PM
Kirk Muller

Rolston is a fine player, but I just don't see him in Montreal after the comments he has made the last few years regarding Montreal and Boston meeting in the playoffs.

He is also someone better slated on the third line, something that doesn't make much sense considering Bonk was brought in to solidify that line (although I think Bonk's line will be used more as the second line).

Old
06-29-2004, 10:35 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Rolston is a fine player, but I just don't see him in Montreal after the comments he has made the last few years regarding Montreal and Boston meeting in the playoffs.
After his comments in the past 2 series I don't think he would fit in in the Habs dressing room, plus with Bonk in the line up and if we were to get Lappariere he surely wouldn't be needed.

I could see Murray here is BG doesn't land Kovy or Demitra.

Old
Habsology

Quote:
Originally Posted by keemo905
I don't know but even if he played bad against us in the playoff, I can't stop thinking that he would look very good in a habs uniform. I could see him with Rib on the second line (with Ryder). He is like 6'3 and 230 pounds and has a good shot. He is very responsible defensively and will net close to 30 for you every year.

I know that the Bruins coach doesn't like him and that they won't qualify him... He could be had for under 3 millions a year.

What do you guys think?
If we got a try for Bonk, we can get a try on this guy. He is good.

A talented 2 way player is always good...

the only const is we just get bonk for a lot of money, I don't know if there is a place for him in the budget... depend if we sign Kovalev...

Old
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keemo905

What do you guys think?
Rolston is a very good PK guy who can score quite a few SH goals. However, he's only 205lbs and 6'2, not quite the size you think. Not small at all, but I'd rather see someone else besides Rolston.

Old
06-29-2004, 10:38 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
After his comments in the past 2 series I don't think he would fit in in the Habs dressing room, plus with Bonk in the line up and if we were to get Lappariere he surely wouldn't be needed.

I could see Murray here is BG doesn't land Kovy or Demitra.
Isn't that basically what I said

Old
06-29-2004, 10:44 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Isn't that basically what I said
Thats why I was going off of your quote, I totally agreed with you and thought of that as soon as I saw the post title.

Old
06-29-2004, 10:45 PM
BruinsGirl

Rolston already stated he wanted to stay here (in Boston) wether or not B's want to sign him is another question. Btw...Sully likes him otherwise he would've benched him for his atrocious play! I think though B's will sign him for his speed.

Btw having Bonk and Rollie on the same team doesn't make alot of sense IMO.

If Murray changes teams I see him going West. LA (loves the area) or Detroit.

Old
06-29-2004, 10:56 PM
SuperUnknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
Rolston is a very good PK guy who can score quite a few SH goals. However, he's only 205lbs and 6'2, not quite the size you think. Not small at all, but I'd rather see someone else besides Rolston.
He may not be small in size but he plays like a small guy.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Rolston a third liner, not needed.

You wana go for a Bruin, then Murrys your man! Big, strong, quick, and has a great shot. Can also pot 30+ goals! He does need a good playmaker however to produce, oh wait.......we got two!

Old
06-30-2004, 12:46 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smail
He may not be small in size but he plays like a small guy.
Yeah, kinda disappeared in the playoffs, something we don't need.

Old
06-30-2004, 01:52 AM
ifesfor*

NEVER! You guys have short memory i think.Brian Rolston said before the last series Habs-Bruins: "We have bigger achivement to do than just beat the Montreal Canadiens"

This guy was a ghost during the serie.No i dont want this guy in a Habs uniform.The day i see him in a habs uniform will give me the same sour taste i got when i saw Fuhr in a Flames uniform!!!(or even worst Fiset in a Habs uniform!!! )

No never, plz BG dont sign this low profile player.He doesnt worth it and will bring bad thing into the locker room.

Old
06-30-2004, 04:16 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

I can't believe people would want that puke on our roster. Most Bruins fans have more pride than that and they couldn't stand 95% of the Habs players just because they once played for Montréal. And we're not even talking about the fact he doesn't back up his thrash talk.

The pooh bears can keep the puke, I don't want him.

Old
06-30-2004, 04:23 AM
velimiiro

Can i see him in a habs uniform?

Hell no.

Old
06-30-2004, 04:45 AM
Marksman

Adding Bonk certainly decreases need for him. He could still be used on scoring line LW, where hes easily capable putting about 50 points with the right line mates. Then again we have Hossa Pleks or Higgins pushing for those slots too.

If I was Bob I and saw Bruins lowballing him, I would extend an offer to him. Hes one of the players in our ballpark (unlike Kovalev, Palffy, etc) and even if it didnt work out it would jack his price up for them a la Martin Lapointe.

Old
06-30-2004, 12:38 PM
Guy Caballero

Rolston-Bonk-Bulis would be the best 3rd line in the NHL, bar none, but I think the money is better spent elsewhere, i.e, on line one.

As for Rolston's comments, that was just one team trash talking another before a heated series. No big deal. I think the fans make a bigger deal out of that than the players do.

Closed Thread