HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

has anyone seen Rob Bellamy Play?

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 07:58 AM
donelikedinner

vCash: 500
has anyone seen Rob Bellamy Play?

here's what the Flyers team email had about him:

"ROB BELLAMY, Right Wing: Selected by the Flyers in the third round (92nd overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft…Born May 30, 1985 in Providence, Rhode Island…6’ 0”, 190 pounds…Shoots right…Played this past season for the New England Junior Coyotes in the Eastern Junior Hockey League…Recorded 19 goals and 21 assists for 40 points and 95 penalty minutes in 36 games for New England…Led the Junior Coyotes in goals (19) and points (40)…Will attend the University of Maine next season…Ranked 66th among North American prospects on Central Scouting’s final report.

Central Scouting on Bellamy: “Is a good skater who moves his feet quickly…has somewhat of a short stride, but generates good speed and acceleration…strong on his skates…is constantly in motion…good hockey sense…makes good decisions with the puck…good passer…takes passes in stride…will steer puck to skates effectively…handles puck well…can carry it and beat defenders one on one…possesses a hard and heavy shot…very effective penalty killer…aggressive to the puck and creates scoring chances from his penalty killing…works well on power play…the strength of his game lies in his physical play combined with his drive and determination…a very physical player who plays the body hard in all zones…battles hard for the puck in the corners…very tough and tenacious establishing position on power play…follows through and completes his checks with determination…goes to the net and drives his way through opponents…plays with abandon and an edge to his game…can be an intimidating force."

any other info/opinions welcome. thanks.

Old
06-29-2004, 09:54 AM
Pontifex Maximus*

Go on the draft thread. More info there.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:28 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
I will most definitly keep my eye on him living up here in the northeast. as a UNH fan i keep tabs on the hates Black Bears anyway.

Old
06-29-2004, 11:33 AM
iceman42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I will most definitly keep my eye on him living up here in the northeast.
ditto

Old
06-30-2004, 02:25 AM
Drew

I have Maine season tickets and also go to a lot of their away games so i'll keep you guys updated next year. I have heard him compared to both Terry OReilly and Kirk Maltby.

Old
06-30-2004, 11:47 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
I have Maine season tickets and also go to a lot of their away games so i'll keep you guys updated next year. I have heard him compared to both Terry OReilly and Kirk Maltby.
So will he be going into the stands to beat someone up with their own shoe when he turns pro :lol

Closed Thread