HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Opener; G3 - 10.10.08 | 7:00 PM | MSG(HD) - Chicago Blackhawks @ NY Rangers

Old
10-10-2008, 01:24 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Except put up the points that are expected of Dawes and Prucha. He found a way. That's ALL Renney is asking. This is the easiest job in hockey to win right now.

Renney's looking at his options, I feel that it's appropriate that he does. You don't like it, you can keep making excuses for players that seem oblivious to the fact that their place on the team is on the line here.
?

Dawes cored 14 goals last year. BTW same as Dubinksy.

Voros scored 7.

No comparison.

2 games in. 2. and you people want 50 goals scored in that span.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:31 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Im not too worried about Voros on the 2nd line. He will do fine on the line. He is there to get in front of the net to bang in the rebounds that Dubi and Zherdev will produce. People get too caught up over the fact he made the NHL at 27. He was fine his rookie season and he looks more then a 4th line goon (not really a 2nd either but he won't be completely useless out there).

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Im not too worried about Voros on the 2nd line. He will do fine on the line. He is there to get in front of the net to bang in the rebounds that Dubi and Zherdev will produce. People get too caught up over the fact he made the NHL at 27. He was fine his rookie season and he looks more then a 4th line goon (not really a 2nd either but he won't be completely useless out there).
It's worth a try I say. Maybe he can create some space for Z.

10-10-2008, 01:37 PM
NYReign

Can't wait to get back to the Garden, the house should be rocking tonight. Hopefully we can pile on a few more wins early. LGR!!!

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Except put up the points that are expected of Dawes and Prucha. He found a way. That's ALL Renney is asking. This is the easiest job in hockey to win right now.
Renney's looking at his options, I feel that it's appropriate that he does. You don't like it, you can keep making excuses for players that seem oblivious to the fact that their place on the team is on the line here.
great he put up 1 pt in two games. whoopdeedo. So b/c Zherdev didn't score at all this year yet he should be benched as well. maybe throw Orr up there on the second line. make it Voros Dub and Orr.

this team will NEVER get chemistry if Renney continuosly f***s w/ the lines. Leave them alone for 5 games at least to see if they will work.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:39 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
it's worth a try to leave the lines alone for more than 2 games at a time. Especially when you win both games, and basically dominated them.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
it's worth a try to leave the lines alone for more than 2 games at a time. Especially when you win both games, and basically dominated them.
Ah yes, and here come the Prucha apologists.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Forget it.

People love useless 4th line players. Because they "try hard."

If offensive players don't score their 90th point by the 3rd game of the year, they are busts.

EA NHL syndrome.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I agree. We scored 2 goals against a crappy team that didn't know what defense is and lived by there goaltenders. Renney obviously sees flaws otherwise he wouldn't switch up the lines. I'm excited what Voros, Dubinksy, and Zherdev will do to the opponent. If they don't do anything special then I'll eat my words. But I think they can do something to Brian Campbell who is a huge liability on defense.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Ah yes, and here come the Prucha apologists.
Singin you know I don't want Prucha on this team. I would love to see him traded, and I feel like he is a waste of cap space. But he still has more potential than Voros. and the fact of the matter is that the team one both games in Prague, and they looked real good. Why tamper w/ something that worked? I think we should keep the same lineup in until we lose.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

LGR!!!!

Young hawks take a lot of penalties. Let's burn em early and rattle them.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:49 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
I agree. We scored 2 goals against a crappy team that didn't know what defense is and lived by there goaltenders. Renney obviously sees flaws otherwise he wouldn't switch up the lines. I'm excited what Voros, Dubinksy, and Zherdev will do to the opponent. If they don't do anything special then I'll eat my words. But I think they can do something to Brian Campbell who is a huge liability on defense.
I would be more excited to see what Fritsche, Dubi, and Zherdev would do?

I think that this VDZ line will have three shifts together, Renney will realize Voros is not a second line player, than switch dawes back there and move Sjo up to the third line. you know the way it should be if using this set of players.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenTurcotte8 View Post
LGR!!!!

Young hawks take a lot of penalties. Let's burn em early and rattle them.
plus besides Keith and Seabrook they have no capable defenseman that can actually play defense. No shot to Hjalmersson but I don't even think he's played too many NHL games, and Campbell is well a forward in disguise.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:50 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
I have a date tonight and can't watch live. I am ******* outraged.

I'm recording it, however.

Let's go, Rangers.

'Atta Boy!

20 days until I'm back in NYC and dating!

Dating in NYC>Dating in Tampa

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:51 PM
GAGLine

Can we please stop *****ing about the lines? It's 1 change and Prucha may be on his way out, so it's no wonder he isn't playing tonight. Who plays on what line has as much to do with how players work together as their scoring potential.

Whether Voros scores or not really isn't the question. It's how his game helps Dubi and Zherdev. If Voros screens the goalie better than Dawes, or draws more attention, creating more room than Dawes did, then he is doing his job and deserves to play on that line. Is he as skilled with the puck as Dawes? No. But you don't just put your 6 most skilled players on your top 2 lines and call it a day. If that were the case, Renney, or any coach for that matter, would just set the lines once and never change them.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Not a good feeling..

6-1 otl.
Coming back from Europe the team will be out of sync, they are due for a let down, they cannot score goals to save their lives. This one has all the makings of a blow out.

I'm with FLYLine... 5-1 loss.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:52 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Quote:
Yeah I agree.....I'm looking forward to seeing how that works out. Maybe Voros will turn into John LeClair

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
great he put up 1 pt in two games. whoopdeedo. So b/c Zherdev didn't score at all this year yet he should be benched as well. maybe throw Orr up there on the second line. make it Voros Dub and Orr.

this team will NEVER get chemistry if Renney continuosly f***s w/ the lines. Leave them alone for 5 games at least to see if they will work.
If you can't acknowledge that expectations and standards are different for different players, I don't know what to tell you. Are you honestly surprised that Prucha is under the microscope and expected to deliver something tangible TODAY? I thought it's been pretty clear since July that he had to do something dramatic to be earn a spot.

Renney doesn't have the luxury of sitting around ANOTHER 5 games to see what Prucha might do. I mean, what did he miss, (2) preseason games? There's 3 other players on the roster who earned a roster spot and have been sitting for weeks now. I want to know if they can improve the team despite the fact that they have 2 wins against one the NHL's worst teams.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Stepan Razor

Quote:
Singin you know I don't want Prucha on this team. I would love to see him traded, and I feel like he is a waste of cap space. But he still has more potential than Voros. and the fact of the matter is that the team one both games in Prague, and they looked real good. Why tamper w/ something that worked? I think we should keep the same lineup in until we lose.
No. He doesn't, not on that line anyway. Any semblance of the game Prucha used to play in 05'-06' is gone. He used to fearlessly skate into traffic while using his small stature to maneuver in and out of tight spaces. He would get rocked constantly, and keep going back to the high traffic zones. Now he plays a perimeter game in the offensive zone and is constantly pushed to the outside, but doesn't have enough speed to counter it. This is not what a line of Dubinsky and Zherdev needs as a compliment. While Voros might not be the answer, I think a guy that has the ability to generate traffic in the slot will be a lot more valuable on this line than a finesse two-way forward like Prucha.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:59 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
If you can't acknowledge that expectations and standards are different for different players, I don't know what to tell you. Are you honestly surprised that Prucha is under the microscope and expected to deliver something tangible TODAY? I thought it's been pretty clear since July that he had to do something dramatic to be earn a spot.

Renney doesn't have the luxury of sitting around ANOTHER 5 games to see what Prucha might do. I mean, what did he miss, (2) preseason games? There's 3 other players on the roster who earned a roster spot and have been sitting for weeks now. I want to know if they can improve the team despite the fact that they have 2 wins against one the NHL's worst teams.
Let's also be realistic about the games in Prague. The had opportunities, but they did not put numbers that show as much. And it was the first line that had the majority of the points (aside from Dubinsky and the defense).

This move in theory spreads the scoring out more over the lineup. And isn't that what you want?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 02:00 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:

I do acknowlegde expectations. I know Prucha doesn't meet them. But do you think Voros can meet expectations of a 2nd line player. A second line player should be able to put up at least 40 pts in a season. There is no freakin way Voros has that potential. he hasn't shown any ability to create offense, or have any semblence of a scoring touch. He is your prototypical 4th liner, maybe 3rd liner. W/ the depth that the Rangers have there are better options. Fritsche, Sjostrom, Dawes, Prucha all would be better. hell eve PAP would be a better option IMO.

Old
10-10-2008, 02:06 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Can't catch the game tonight due to work.

Buuuuuut.

44-6 OTL.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 02:06 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Let's also be realistic about the games in Prague. The had opportunities, but they did not put numbers that show as much. And it was the first line that had the majority of the points (aside from Dubinsky and the defense).

This move in theory spreads the scoring out more over the lineup. And isn't that what you want?
how does it spread the scoring more. We just weakened our 2nd line by putting Voros up there. We need that line to be a threat offensively. Putting Voros who is as offensively inept as Betts, does not solve this problem. And yes I think Voros is as bad as Betts.

Betts played 75 games (mostly w/ Orr and Hollweg) and put up 7 pts.
Voros played 55 games (some on 1st line w/ Gabo) and put up 14 pts.

any player w/ any type of offensive abilty should be able to put up points playing w/ Gaborik, or on the first line in general.

Voros=Marcel Hossa - the potential factor

Old
10-10-2008, 02:10 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
I do acknowlegde expectations. I know Prucha doesn't meet them. But do you think Voros can meet expectations of a 2nd line player. A second line player should be able to put up at least 40 pts in a season. There is no freakin way Voros has that potential. he hasn't shown any ability to create offense, or have any semblence of a scoring touch. He is your prototypical 4th liner, maybe 3rd liner. W/ the depth that the Rangers have there are better options. Fritsche, Sjostrom, Dawes, Prucha all would be better. hell eve PAP would be a better option IMO.
Sean Avery was only a 33 point player for us last year and he was a 1st/2nd liner. You have too big of expectations for Voros. He isn't on the line to put up points. He is there to make space. You have a great up and coming center, and a right winger with potential through the roof. You don't need to have 3 potential 80 point players all on one line. Voros does things that Dawes cannot, that is why he is on there line.

Old
10-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Stepan Razor

Quote:
any player w/ any type of offensive abilty should be able to put up points playing w/ Gaborik, or on the first line in general.

Voros=Marcel Hossa - the potential factor
You're looking at lines in a sum-of-all-parts light. Did you watch any Minny games where Voros played with Gabby? He wasn't there to get set up for Gaborik.

He opens up the ice for skilled players because he forces you to pay attention to him in the slot.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote