HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Opener; G3 - 10.10.08 | 7:00 PM | MSG(HD) - Chicago Blackhawks @ NY Rangers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2008, 01:15 PM
  #76
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
how does it spread the scoring more. We just weakened our 2nd line by putting Voros up there. We need that line to be a threat offensively. Putting Voros who is as offensively inept as Betts, does not solve this problem. And yes I think Voros is as bad as Betts.

Betts played 75 games (mostly w/ Orr and Hollweg) and put up 7 pts.
Voros played 55 games (some on 1st line w/ Gabo) and put up 14 pts.

any player w/ any type of offensive abilty should be able to put up points playing w/ Gaborik, or on the first line in general.

Voros=Marcel Hossa - the potential factor
Care to look at Adam Graves' numbers his season prior to coming to the Rangers?

And the Hossa-Voros comparison is awful.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:17 PM
  #77
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Sean Avery was only a 33 point player for us last year and he was a 1st/2nd liner. You have too big of expectations for Voros. He isn't on the line to put up points. He is there to make space. You have a great up and coming center, and a right winger with potential through the roof. You don't need to have 3 potential 80 point players all on one line. Voros does things that Dawes cannot, that is why he is on there line.
and there is the difference of a good team and a great team. A good team will roll one good line, and a bunch of decent ones. A great team will roll at least two deadly lines.

and by the way, most people said last year that Avery was a third line borderline 2nd liner. Also he put up 33 pts in 57 games. Extrapolate that to a full season and you get 47 pts. in a season. Which would fit my discription of a 2nd liner. Thanks for playing though.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:18 PM
  #78
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Care to look at Adam Graves' numbers his season prior to coming to the Rangers?

And the Hossa-Voros comparison is awful.
why is a horrible comparison. they are both 4th line players, playing on lines way above there heads, and not going to score or really add to the offense. Except that there was potential for Hossa to become a good player that he never met. I dont see any potential in Voros.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:19 PM
  #79
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The had opportunities, but they did not put numbers that show as much.
It's not about getting opportunities, it's about capitalizing on them. The Bern game illustrated that better than any other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post

Voros=Marcel Hossa - the potential factor
I would be ecstatic if that was true.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
  #80
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
why is a horrible comparison. they are both 4th line players, playing on lines way above there heads, and not going to score or really add to the offense. Except that there was potential for Hossa to become a good player that he never met. I dont see any potential in Voros.
No, you decided he's a fourth liner.

It's an awful comparison because you are describe two completely different players. Hossa is immensely talented. But if he's not scoring, he brings nothing of value to the team. Voros still has value beyond scoring and not scoring.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
  #81
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
It's not about getting opportunities, it's about capitalizing on them. The Bern game illustrated that better than any other.
That's my point.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
  #82
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That's my point.
I said it better.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:25 PM
  #83
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I said it better.
That you did — as usual.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:26 PM
  #84
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
No, you decided he's a fourth liner.

It's an awful comparison because you are describe two completely different players. Hossa is immensely talented. But if he's not scoring, he brings nothing of value to the team. Voros still has value beyond scoring and not scoring.
what value does Voros bring that say Fritsche couldn't. In fact if he is not scoring what value will Voros have on the second line. and please don't say fighting b/c Voros is a horrible fighter.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:32 PM
  #85
bullkirk
Registered User
 
bullkirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: Spain
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Good luck tonight Rangers fans.
Im waiting to see a great game...should be


bullkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:33 PM
  #86
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
what value does Voros bring that say Fritsche couldn't. In fact if he is not scoring what value will Voros have on the second line. and please don't say fighting b/c Voros is a horrible fighter.
He might be a horrible fighter, but he's willing — and sometimes that's enough. If it means that Dubinsky, that's good enough for me.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
  #87
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
He might be a horrible fighter, but he's willing and sometimes that's enough. If it means that Dubinsky, that's good enough for me.
we shall see but I predict that this will be a typical braindead line move by Renney that will result in a offensive inept line, until Renney changes it late in the third period.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
  #88
Blueshirt Fanatic*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
Let's Go 3-0! I will be there, Section 66! Let's Go Rangers!

Blueshirt Fanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
  #89
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
we shall see but I predict that this will be a typical braindead line move by Renney that will result in a offensive inept line, until Renney changes it late in the third period.
Typical brain-dead move by Renney? Renney is the best coach this team has had in decades.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:42 PM
  #90
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Typical brain-dead move by Renney? Renney is the best coach this team has had in decades.
w/ defensive strategies yes. but w/ line combos I think he is one of the worst.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:44 PM
  #91
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,807
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
w/ defensive strategies yes. but w/ line combos I think he is one of the worst.
I would say the results say otherwise.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
  #92
94now
Registered User
 
94now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Snow Belt, USA
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
am i missing something. What exactly has Voros done to deserve to be on the second line.
I requested that. Please see my post #444 in here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post15713095

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
  #93
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
honestly...i like the move......

the first line looked great in the first two games....

the second line looked okay....but with voros there as well that line will work the other team down low and control the puck....dawes is more of a speedy quick guy who moves the puck quickly....dubi nad zherdev like to control the play by having the puck....voros goes to the front of the net and works hard i like it.......

the third line, IMO will be a very, very good goal scoring third line....dawes playing with korpikoski and callaha nshould put up a good amount of points as both korpikoski and callahan work hard to retrieve the puck and dawes has the vision to either finish the play or make something happen offensively.....also, all of these players have played together before....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
  #94
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I would say the results say otherwise.
I would say the results are the way they are becuase of good defense and one of the best goalies in the game (and Jagr). Not b/c of his offensive strategies, or his line combos.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
  #95
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
i would have to say one of the main reasons the rangers have been in the playoffs the past 3 years has to be renney......lets be honest, if the rangers played a wide open style of game the past few years they wouldnt have been anywhere near the playoffs....even with hank in net

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:48 PM
  #96
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
honestly...i like the move......

the first line looked great in the first two games....

the second line looked okay....but with voros there as well that line will work the other team down low and control the puck....dawes is more of a speedy quick guy who moves the puck quickly....dubi nad zherdev like to control the play by having the puck....voros goes to the front of the net and works hard i like it.......

the third line, IMO will be a very, very good goal scoring third line....dawes playing with korpikoski and callaha nshould put up a good amount of points as both korpikoski and callahan work hard to retrieve the puck and dawes has the vision to either finish the play or make something happen offensively.....also, all of these players have played together before....
after thinking about it I do think that this line might become really good w/ dawes on it.


so all in all I think our second line got weaker and the third line got stronger. so we are no better off than when we started.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:52 PM
  #97
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,214
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
after thinking about it I do think that this line might become really good w/ dawes on it.


so all in all I think our second line got weaker and the third line got stronger. so we are no better off than when we started.
i feel like each line now has an identity inside the system....1st line is a speed line on the rush....2nd line is a grinding line who will work the puck down low......3rd line is a speed line who works the puck down low and creates energy

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:55 PM
  #98
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i would have to say one of the main reasons the rangers have been in the playoffs the past 3 years has to be renney......lets be honest, if the rangers played a wide open style of game the past few years they wouldnt have been anywhere near the playoffs....even with hank in net
we had a wide open style the first year after the lockout. that was not a defensively responsible team at all from what I remember. The last two years we were defensively good and that got us into the playoffs and that Renney did have something to do w/. but he has never been known for his offensive mind and sometimes his line combos, or who's on the ice at certain times is extremely mind boggling. Such as his love last year to put the 4th line on when we are losing and have an offensive zone faceoff w/ under 5 minutes. We weren't going to make the playoffs last year, until Jagr decided to turn it up at the end. that wasn't Renney's coaching. that was Jagr carrying us at the end w/ Dubi. But again he was constantly changing the first line wing though between Straka and Avery. he needs to let some lines just play together and gel. this is the third game in and we changed 3 lines already, after we won 2 games. dominated them. We just didn't capitalize on chances. Voros is not that type of player to capitalize on scoring chances. I don't think great coaches change lines as much.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:58 PM
  #99
DontStepanMe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i feel like each line now has an identity inside the system....1st line is a speed line on the rush....2nd line is a grinding line who will work the puck down low......3rd line is a speed line who works the puck down low and creates energy
Zherdev is not a grinding line type of guy. He needs to play w/ skill. i know we don't have another player who truly belongs on the 2nd line but out of prucha, Sjo, fritsche, voros. (saying dawes belongs on 3L) Voros would be the last player I would want to see on that line. In fact my order would be Fritsche, pruch, Sjo, Voros. I would actually be highly intrigued w/ what Pruch could do w/ Dubi and Zherdev as an absolute last shot for him.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
  #100
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,299
vCash: 500
viper...

with the way Jagr and Lundqvist played in the first two seasons after the lockout, Ron Low (I'm ready for flaming, as I've gotten before) would've made the playoffs and could've won a playoff round. That's the biggest difference in those seasons, in my opinion, not so much the coach. For once a team was put together that had chemistry and made sense, and with Jagr makng under $5MM, Sather had room to get guys to fit in and got lucky with Lundqvist several years ago.

I personally don't think Renney's a great coach. He's good and likeable, although he makes a lot of decisions that make you scratch your head, but over the years since he's been coach, there seems to have been a margin of error within he could work. I think he's one of the best analysts and hocey minds out there, meaning he recognizes the problem better than anyone, and articulates is extremely well, but doesn't always know how to fix it/face it.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.