HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home Opener; G3 - 10.10.08 | 7:00 PM | MSG(HD) - Chicago Blackhawks @ NY Rangers

Old
10-10-2008, 01:15 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
how does it spread the scoring more. We just weakened our 2nd line by putting Voros up there. We need that line to be a threat offensively. Putting Voros who is as offensively inept as Betts, does not solve this problem. And yes I think Voros is as bad as Betts.

Betts played 75 games (mostly w/ Orr and Hollweg) and put up 7 pts.
Voros played 55 games (some on 1st line w/ Gabo) and put up 14 pts.

any player w/ any type of offensive abilty should be able to put up points playing w/ Gaborik, or on the first line in general.

Voros=Marcel Hossa - the potential factor
Care to look at Adam Graves' numbers his season prior to coming to the Rangers?

And the Hossa-Voros comparison is awful.

10-10-2008, 01:17 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Sean Avery was only a 33 point player for us last year and he was a 1st/2nd liner. You have too big of expectations for Voros. He isn't on the line to put up points. He is there to make space. You have a great up and coming center, and a right winger with potential through the roof. You don't need to have 3 potential 80 point players all on one line. Voros does things that Dawes cannot, that is why he is on there line.
and there is the difference of a good team and a great team. A good team will roll one good line, and a bunch of decent ones. A great team will roll at least two deadly lines.

and by the way, most people said last year that Avery was a third line borderline 2nd liner. Also he put up 33 pts in 57 games. Extrapolate that to a full season and you get 47 pts. in a season. Which would fit my discription of a 2nd liner. Thanks for playing though.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:18 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Care to look at Adam Graves' numbers his season prior to coming to the Rangers?

And the Hossa-Voros comparison is awful.
why is a horrible comparison. they are both 4th line players, playing on lines way above there heads, and not going to score or really add to the offense. Except that there was potential for Hossa to become a good player that he never met. I dont see any potential in Voros.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
The had opportunities, but they did not put numbers that show as much.
It's not about getting opportunities, it's about capitalizing on them. The Bern game illustrated that better than any other.

Quote:

Voros=Marcel Hossa - the potential factor
I would be ecstatic if that was true.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
why is a horrible comparison. they are both 4th line players, playing on lines way above there heads, and not going to score or really add to the offense. Except that there was potential for Hossa to become a good player that he never met. I dont see any potential in Voros.
No, you decided he's a fourth liner.

It's an awful comparison because you are describe two completely different players. Hossa is immensely talented. But if he's not scoring, he brings nothing of value to the team. Voros still has value beyond scoring and not scoring.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
It's not about getting opportunities, it's about capitalizing on them. The Bern game illustrated that better than any other.
That's my point.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
That's my point.
I said it better.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:25 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I said it better.
That you did — as usual.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:26 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
No, you decided he's a fourth liner.

It's an awful comparison because you are describe two completely different players. Hossa is immensely talented. But if he's not scoring, he brings nothing of value to the team. Voros still has value beyond scoring and not scoring.
what value does Voros bring that say Fritsche couldn't. In fact if he is not scoring what value will Voros have on the second line. and please don't say fighting b/c Voros is a horrible fighter.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:32 PM
bullkirk

Good luck tonight Rangers fans.
Im waiting to see a great game...should be

bullkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:33 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
what value does Voros bring that say Fritsche couldn't. In fact if he is not scoring what value will Voros have on the second line. and please don't say fighting b/c Voros is a horrible fighter.
He might be a horrible fighter, but he's willing — and sometimes that's enough. If it means that Dubinsky, that's good enough for me.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
He might be a horrible fighter, but he's willing and sometimes that's enough. If it means that Dubinsky, that's good enough for me.
we shall see but I predict that this will be a typical braindead line move by Renney that will result in a offensive inept line, until Renney changes it late in the third period.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Blueshirt Fanatic*

Let's Go 3-0! I will be there, Section 66! Let's Go Rangers!

Blueshirt Fanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
we shall see but I predict that this will be a typical braindead line move by Renney that will result in a offensive inept line, until Renney changes it late in the third period.
Typical brain-dead move by Renney? Renney is the best coach this team has had in decades.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:42 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Typical brain-dead move by Renney? Renney is the best coach this team has had in decades.
w/ defensive strategies yes. but w/ line combos I think he is one of the worst.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:44 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
w/ defensive strategies yes. but w/ line combos I think he is one of the worst.
I would say the results say otherwise.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM
94now

Quote:
am i missing something. What exactly has Voros done to deserve to be on the second line.
I requested that. Please see my post #444 in here:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post15713095

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
NYR Viper

honestly...i like the move......

the first line looked great in the first two games....

the second line looked okay....but with voros there as well that line will work the other team down low and control the puck....dawes is more of a speedy quick guy who moves the puck quickly....dubi nad zherdev like to control the play by having the puck....voros goes to the front of the net and works hard i like it.......

the third line, IMO will be a very, very good goal scoring third line....dawes playing with korpikoski and callaha nshould put up a good amount of points as both korpikoski and callahan work hard to retrieve the puck and dawes has the vision to either finish the play or make something happen offensively.....also, all of these players have played together before....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
I would say the results say otherwise.
I would say the results are the way they are becuase of good defense and one of the best goalies in the game (and Jagr). Not b/c of his offensive strategies, or his line combos.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
NYR Viper

i would have to say one of the main reasons the rangers have been in the playoffs the past 3 years has to be renney......lets be honest, if the rangers played a wide open style of game the past few years they wouldnt have been anywhere near the playoffs....even with hank in net

Old
10-10-2008, 01:48 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
honestly...i like the move......

the first line looked great in the first two games....

the second line looked okay....but with voros there as well that line will work the other team down low and control the puck....dawes is more of a speedy quick guy who moves the puck quickly....dubi nad zherdev like to control the play by having the puck....voros goes to the front of the net and works hard i like it.......

the third line, IMO will be a very, very good goal scoring third line....dawes playing with korpikoski and callaha nshould put up a good amount of points as both korpikoski and callahan work hard to retrieve the puck and dawes has the vision to either finish the play or make something happen offensively.....also, all of these players have played together before....
after thinking about it I do think that this line might become really good w/ dawes on it.

so all in all I think our second line got weaker and the third line got stronger. so we are no better off than when we started.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:52 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
after thinking about it I do think that this line might become really good w/ dawes on it.

so all in all I think our second line got weaker and the third line got stronger. so we are no better off than when we started.
i feel like each line now has an identity inside the system....1st line is a speed line on the rush....2nd line is a grinding line who will work the puck down low......3rd line is a speed line who works the puck down low and creates energy

Old
10-10-2008, 01:55 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
i would have to say one of the main reasons the rangers have been in the playoffs the past 3 years has to be renney......lets be honest, if the rangers played a wide open style of game the past few years they wouldnt have been anywhere near the playoffs....even with hank in net
we had a wide open style the first year after the lockout. that was not a defensively responsible team at all from what I remember. The last two years we were defensively good and that got us into the playoffs and that Renney did have something to do w/. but he has never been known for his offensive mind and sometimes his line combos, or who's on the ice at certain times is extremely mind boggling. Such as his love last year to put the 4th line on when we are losing and have an offensive zone faceoff w/ under 5 minutes. We weren't going to make the playoffs last year, until Jagr decided to turn it up at the end. that wasn't Renney's coaching. that was Jagr carrying us at the end w/ Dubi. But again he was constantly changing the first line wing though between Straka and Avery. he needs to let some lines just play together and gel. this is the third game in and we changed 3 lines already, after we won 2 games. dominated them. We just didn't capitalize on chances. Voros is not that type of player to capitalize on scoring chances. I don't think great coaches change lines as much.

Old
10-10-2008, 01:58 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
i feel like each line now has an identity inside the system....1st line is a speed line on the rush....2nd line is a grinding line who will work the puck down low......3rd line is a speed line who works the puck down low and creates energy
Zherdev is not a grinding line type of guy. He needs to play w/ skill. i know we don't have another player who truly belongs on the 2nd line but out of prucha, Sjo, fritsche, voros. (saying dawes belongs on 3L) Voros would be the last player I would want to see on that line. In fact my order would be Fritsche, pruch, Sjo, Voros. I would actually be highly intrigued w/ what Pruch could do w/ Dubi and Zherdev as an absolute last shot for him.

Old
10-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Fletch

viper...

with the way Jagr and Lundqvist played in the first two seasons after the lockout, Ron Low (I'm ready for flaming, as I've gotten before) would've made the playoffs and could've won a playoff round. That's the biggest difference in those seasons, in my opinion, not so much the coach. For once a team was put together that had chemistry and made sense, and with Jagr makng under $5MM, Sather had room to get guys to fit in and got lucky with Lundqvist several years ago.

I personally don't think Renney's a great coach. He's good and likeable, although he makes a lot of decisions that make you scratch your head, but over the years since he's been coach, there seems to have been a margin of error within he could work. I think he's one of the best analysts and hocey minds out there, meaning he recognizes the problem better than anyone, and articulates is extremely well, but doesn't always know how to fix it/face it.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote