HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Montreal Canadiens @ Toronto Maple Leafs - Saturday Oct 11th 7PM EST- 08/09 HNIC

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2008, 12:10 PM
Cavo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
My favourite line is the

TLUSTY ------------ GRABOVSKI ------------- HAGMAN

They're an exciting line to watch, super fast and lots of action, skill and creativity and even chemistry.

Niky Hagman is quickly becoming a Leaf favourite player of mine, as love his game and his hustle, and every time he hits the ice he is in the action.
Hags certainly seems happy to be away from that Dallas system I had no idea he had so much creativity with the puck, and that he's not just the checking forward everyone thought he was. Although he obviously still takes care of business on his own side of center ice.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:11 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4ever View Post
I like this line too. Very speedy and skilled.

I agree with Joey Hoser. I don't like the Poni - Antro - Blake line too much. Obviously with Antro being our best forward and Blake our best (proven) goal scorer it should be a great line, but I don't think it will work out.
Poni and Antropov need that third big body.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4ever View Post
I like this line too. Very speedy and skilled.

I agree with Joey Hoser. I don't like the Poni - Antro - Blake line too much. Obviously with Antro being our best forward and Blake our best (proven) goal scorer it should be a great line, but I don't think it will work out.
I agree Poni has hands of stone .. I like Antropov, but he looks really out of place on our speedy team now, and Blake is plug plain and simply, and only here because no one wants him because of his age,play, and his contract.

I use to have over 1/2 a team I didn't like last year but now thanks to Cliff its really down to only a few and Blake is one of those guys I can't wait until he is removed. Having a 35 year old spare part playing on the top PP unit is annoying when our younger players would be better suited in terms of development to get that opportunity.. I hope its only a matter of time until Kulemin plays the PP and Blake is nailed to the bench during that time.. Blake is nothing more then a sad daily reminder of a desperation act of a previous unpleasant time in Leafland.

Maybe at the trade deadline all 3 will be moved (if possible) and thus giving them the ATOI now acceptable as it may increase their trade value when that time arises..

10-11-2008, 12:14 PM
TasteLikeBurning
The Tank Cometh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Why does our supposed top line seem the crappiest to me?

Because it is the Crappiest. Antropov can't skate, Poni can't hit the net to save his life and Blake likes to shoot his floaters straight at the goalie just after he enters the zone. I really hope by next year all 3 of them are gone.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:15 PM
LTL

Leafs will be flying tonight. Hopefully Stralman is back in the lineup somehow. Swap Stralman for MVR.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:16 PM
mooseOAK*

I thought that Antropov's line played very well against the Red Wings, it was actually the Grabovski line that Detroit was trying to take advantage of with their last change.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:17 PM
LTL

Quote:
I agree Poni has hands of stone .. I like Antropov, but he looks really out of place on our speedy team now, and Blake is plug plain and simply, and only here because no one wants him because of his age,play, and his contract.

I use to have over 1/2 a team I didn't like last year but now thanks to Cliff its really down to only a few and Blake is one of those guys I can't wait until he is removed. Having a 35 year old spare part playing on the top PP unit is annoying when our younger players would be better suited in terms of development to get that opportunity.. I hope its only a matter of time until Kulemin plays the PP and Blake is nailed to the bench during that time.. Blake is nothing more then a sad daily reminder of a desperation act of a previous unpleasant time in Leafland.

Maybe at the trade deadline all 3 will be moved (if possible) and thus giving them the ATOI now acceptable as it may increase their trade value when that time arises..
Quote:
Originally Posted by TasteLikeBurning View Post
Because it is the Crappiest. Antropov can't skate, Poni can't hit the net to save his life and Blake likes to shoot his floaters straight at the goalie just after he enters the zone. I really hope by next year all 3 of them are gone.
If we had another clone of the Hagman line we would be much better off.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Snipeshow9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
Leafs will be flying tonight. Hopefully Stralman is back in the lineup somehow. Swap Stralman for MVR.
I'd love to see Stralman back in there too, but you have to leave the roster untouched after you beat Detroit.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:23 PM
alienanton*

yea, im as big a stralman fan as anyone (he has my first name!) but you dont **** with the lineup that gave such a strong effort against detroit on thursday.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTL View Post
If we had another clone of the Hagman line we would be much better off.
Tlusty and Grabs are still young and inexperienced and still feeling their way around .. It wouldn't surprise me if that line over takes the first one in a month or two and becomes our most dangerous offensive line on a nightly basis..

If Kulemin joined the tall cans in an all USSR combo unit I think it could do really well .. Antropov is a great playmaker with vision, Poni's strength is his board work and Kulemin could be the closer and finisher that would make it very effective and dynamic. IMO.

I would like to see ..

Poni ---- Antropov --- Kulemin
Tlusty -- Grabovski--- Hagman
Steen -- Moore ------ Mitchell
Hollweg --Stajan ---- Mayers

Old
10-11-2008, 12:29 PM
Reydin

Quote:
The line-up is exactly the same as last game.

Montreal is likely going to play their backup Halak verses the Leafs today on HNIC Saturday.

Doesn't appear the Habs are taking us that seriously if they are giving Price the night off already in game 2.
Halak is a very good goalie

Old
10-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Reydin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Hoser View Post
Why does our supposed top line seem the crappiest to me?
Personal biases

Old
10-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reydin View Post
Halak is a very good goalie
Yes he is, and likely the reason that Montreal doesn't have a problem inserting him tonight in an arch rival heated division game.

You will not be seeing Leafs playing Cujo though.

Carey Price was a game star yesterday stopping 35 Sabre shots and recording a .972 SV% and allowing only 1 goal in the game, decided by a shootout. Usually that kind of performance doesn't get you benched for the next game. Habs are saving Price for the Flyers game on Tuesday.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:37 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Needs more Anton Freaking Stralman.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:39 PM
EazyB97

Quote:
Yes he is, and likely the reason that Montreal doesn't have a problem inserting him tonight in an arch rival heated division game.

You will not be seeing Leafs playing Cujo though.

Carey Price was a game star yesterday stopping 35 Sabre shots and recording a .972 SV% and allowing only 1 goal in the game, decided by a shootout. Usually that kind of performance doesn't get you benched for the next game. Habs are saving Price for the Flyers game on Tuesday.
Actually it does. Usually having a heavy workload and an OT game on the first game of a back to back set gets you the next night off. Don't want to overload your star goalie, especially when you play 3 of 4.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Tlusty and Grabs are still young and inexperienced and still feeling their way around .. It wouldn't surprise me if that line over takes the first one in a month or two and becomes our most dangerous offensive line on a nightly basis..

If Kulemin joined the tall cans in an all USSR combo unit I think it could do really well .. Antropov is a great playmaker with vision, Poni's strength is his board work and Kulemin could be the closer and finisher that would make it very effective and dynamic. IMO.

I would like to see ..

Poni ---- Antropov --- Kulemin
Tlusty -- Grabovski--- Hagman
Steen -- Moore ------ Mitchell
Hollweg --Stajan ---- Mayers
Its only one game, but if the Detroit game was any indication then Antropov/Blake need a player who can control the puck in the Offensive zone. Noone on that line can maneuver in the offensive zone with the puck effectively enough. I think it would be best for Fletcher to try to acquire someone to fill the void, rather than try switching people around.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:43 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Listen guys, we hate each other but is there anything better than a Saturday night game between the Leafs and Habs?!

Old
Mess
Global Moderator

Stajan needs a big game today to stay in the line-up, as he is hanging by a thread as the teams 4th line center at the moment.

Ron Wilson said today that Hollweg will be re-inserted in the line-up for the Blues once his two game suspension is over..

That means someone is coming out and that battle likely between Stajan (9:19) and Mitchell (9:11), because based on ATOI last game they were the least used Leaf forwards in the game.

Wilson didn't name names in his PC today but that would be a logical conclusion baring an injury.

Old
centrehice

Ya, Halak is a 1b, doesn't have the size of price, but still has lead the AHL for the last 2 years. Higgins, Boullion, and Laraque are injured.

I'm excited to see how Grabs does. I really didn't want to lose him, he's soft on the puck, but fast and exciting to watch.

But Lang also looked STELLAR last night.

All in all, I'm more excited to see this years leafs than last years.

I really like what cliff did, minus Hollweg (I hate that guy, and he's useless).

Old
10-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Listen guys, we hate each other but is there anything better than a Saturday night game between the Leafs and Habs?!
*thinking, thinking.... Nope.

Old
10-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yes a Leafs WIN !!!!

Old
10-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Stajan needs a big game today to stay in the line-up, as he is hanging by a thread as the teams 4th line center at the moment.

Ron Wilson said today that Hollweg will be re-inserted in the line-up for the Blues once his two game suspension is over..

That means someone is coming out and that battle likely between Stajan (9:19) and Mitchell (9:11), because based on ATOI last game they were the least used Leaf forwards in the game.

Wilson didn't name names in his PC today but that would be a logical conclusion baring an injury.
I wouldn't expect that to me much of a battle. Mitchell is one of Wilson's early favorites, and also is in his rookie season... he has an excuse for his limited ice time, Stajan doesn't.

Old
10-11-2008, 01:17 PM
dav

omg I can't wait for tonight's game, I'll be there, I'm so excited Anyone else going?

Old
10-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

Quote:
No way, I still can't believe Hockey is back, gonna be a great game tonight like usual.

GO LEAFS GO

Old
10-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

The Tlusty-Grabs-Hagman line sure is fun to watch, I'm predicting 2 goals from them tonight.

Closed Thread