HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Sutter cuts Boyd?

Old
10-09-2008, 07:54 PM
flamesfan12

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Good to see him back up where he belongs. Finally can get his jersey now. I've been waiting for him to go to #16.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2008, 09:31 PM
GoFlames

Good to see Boyd is back to stay. About the division, predicting the division is a total crap shoot.... as the last several years have proven... we will see in April and I hope Calgary can pull it off.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:48 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by swany View Post
Well everyone of the experts are picking you guys if Kipper pulls it together with edmonton close behind. Minny lost alot and with Gabby not signed yet I think they are in trouble, Van looked good in the preseason but that's then this is now, I hope you guys win tonight also, and with the Avs if raycroft and bodji(sp) don't crap out they could be ok but I think there D is weak.
I've heard this talk from the 'experts' before. Matches are won on the ice and while this Flames team does look like an improvement on last year's roster, they have to show it on the ice to make it count. These people in the media are doing what they did last year, they're drooling over acquisitions and not about overall substance when some of them picked the Flames for the Conference final. I don't know how many of the experts picked Minnesota to win the division last year but it wasn't a majority.

Hell I picked Minnesota but admittedly it was not my overwhelming understanding of hockey that it turned out right, I ignored the acquisitions of most rival teams and picked them because of the very fact that they were the same team from last season. I factored in their record in the shootout and then they got a little lucky at the end of the season. This season, there is still no separation of quality in this division. All five are playoff teams anywhere else in the league, none are true division winners, except in the SE. In the end, it will boil down to team character, coaching and luck.

Lastly, I wouldn't count or discount any of them from making something big out of the playoffs.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote