HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CHL Import Draft

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-30-2004, 09:19 AM
  #1
L.I.RangerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Enemy Land - Long Is
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
CHL Import Draft

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/e...pop.php?id=225

The #1 pick in the CHL Import Draft is Rangers draft pick:

Zdenek Bahensky by the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL. If he comes over (which I believe he will) that gives the Rangers the following prospects in the WHL

Nigel Dawes - Kootney
Marcus Jonasen - Tri-City
Ivan Dornic - Portland
Brandon Dubinsky - Portland
Rick Kozak - Kamloops
Dane Byers - Prince Albert
Ivan Baranka - Everett

IMO, good league for these guys to learn the NHL style game.


Last edited by L.I.RangerFan: 06-30-2004 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Forgot Link
L.I.RangerFan is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 09:35 AM
  #2
Blueshirt13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Other side of the Ri
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/e...pop.php?id=225

The #1 pick in the CHL Import Draft is Rangers draft pick:

Zdenek Bahensky by the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL. If he comes over (which I believe he will) that gives the Rangers the following prospects in the WHL

Nigel Dawes - Kootney
Marcus Jonasen - Tri-City
Ivan Dornic - Portland
Brandon Dubinsky - Portland
Rick Kozak - Kamloops
Dane Byers - Prince Albert
Ivan Baranka - Everett

IMO, good league for these guys to learn the NHL style game.
Marcus Jonasen... did he play over here last year and if so, any chance of him going to Hartford? I think he is old enough but am too lazy to go check his profile.

Blueshirt13 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 09:41 AM
  #3
L.I.RangerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Enemy Land - Long Is
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt13
Marcus Jonasen... did he play over here last year and if so, any chance of him going to Hartford? I think he is old enough but am too lazy to go check his profile.
Yes Marcus played over here last year. He was named CAPTAIN of the Tri-City Americans and played well until he injured his ankle.

He is old enough this year, but my thought is that he will stay with the Amerks for 1 more year being he lost alot of time last year. He was drafted out of Europe so it doesn't matter how old he is to play in Hartford.

L.I.RangerFan is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 09:46 AM
  #4
L.I.RangerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Enemy Land - Long Is
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
For everyones info, usually deals are made before this draft, as teams do not want to waste a pick on someone who won't come over. Thats why players like Bahensky goes to Saskatoon and Radulov went to Quebec of the QMJHL (#9 pick).

Usually style of play dictates where they go. Bahensky is a rougher player more suited for the WHL, while Radulov is a more skilled, free wheeling player more suited for the QMJHL.

L.I.RangerFan is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 10:41 AM
  #5
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,161
vCash: 500
I like this move. Bahensky is at least showing he's committed to learning the NA game. Looks like i'll be making some trips out west again for work, I hope i get to catch some Saskatoon games now

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 10:52 AM
  #6
L.I.RangerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Enemy Land - Long Is
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I like this move. Bahensky is at least showing he's committed to learning the NA game. Looks like i'll be making some trips out west again for work, I hope i get to catch some Saskatoon games now

Must be nice, all I get to do is follow them online . With the way things are going with the NHL, looks like we all will be following minor, junior and NCAA hockey next year.

L.I.RangerFan is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 11:10 AM
  #7
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 24,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Must be nice, all I get to do is follow them online . With the way things are going with the NHL, looks like we all will be following minor, junior and NCAA hockey next year.
Its gonna be rough with no NHL, we'll have to hope that MSG plays ALOT of Wolfpack games.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 11:59 AM
  #8
L.I.RangerFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Enemy Land - Long Is
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
Jakub Petuzalek

Jakub Petuzalek chosen 23rd by Ottawa of the OHL

L.I.RangerFan is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 12:17 PM
  #9
ECL
If it weren’t for me
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 82,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I like this move. Bahensky is at least showing he's committed to learning the NA game. Looks like i'll be making some trips out west again for work, I hope i get to catch some Saskatoon games now
I've been saying all along he would be over here. He was going to if he wasn't guaranteed a spot in the senior league.

ECL is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 12:30 PM
  #10
allrevvedup25
Registered User
 
allrevvedup25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.RangerFan
Jakub Petuzalek chosen 23rd by Ottawa of the OHL
This is great, I will get to watch this guy and see first hand what type of player he is going to be!!

allrevvedup25 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 12:44 PM
  #11
TKLOOCH22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nueva York
Posts: 974
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup25
This is great, I will get to watch this guy and see first hand what type of player he is going to be!!
Unless Korpikoski goes, one more left to go...Psurny!! But this may not happen, how close is he with his brother?

TKLOOCH22 is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 12:55 PM
  #12
Draft Guru
Registered User
 
Draft Guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,965
vCash: 920
Bahensky in Saskatoon? Sweet.

I've got a close contact in Saskatoon..will definitely be able to get some first hand info.

Draft Guru is offline  
Old
06-30-2004, 05:12 PM
  #13
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Roman Psurny was taken 53rd by Medicine Hat

NYR469 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.