HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

10/11/08 Montreal @ Toronto 7PM EDT RDS (HD), CBC (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2008, 03:05 PM
HABitual

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Wow... are you serious? So when the team will lose two in a row this season you'll claim drastic changes?! Glad you're not the GM...

However, if we lose tonight, and Tanguay - Koivu do squat once again, I say enough is enough. Put Tanguay back on LW and play him with Lang and Sergei Kostitsyn. This would be an awesome line.
I'm not saying trades would be the solution. I'm just saying that changes in how they play need to be made. Doesn't two losses in a row tell you that there is something wrong with how they play?

Old
10-11-2008, 03:06 PM
TheBudsForever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn46 View Post
Montreal will win 5-2 tonight and Kulemin will be good!
Kulemin's First NHL Goal---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_FY...eature=related

Old
10-11-2008, 03:07 PM
korky00

OMG....GDT!!!!!!!

(sorry I was not here last night....i'm just enjoying this too much!!!!!

oh...and 4-1 win tonight!

Kovalev Kostitsin Markov and Lats with goals

Old
10-11-2008, 03:08 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual View Post
I'm not saying trades would be the solution. I'm just saying that changes in how they play need to be made. Doesn't two losses in a row tell you that there is something wrong with how they play?
It tells you they lost 2 games out of eighty-bloody-two. One of which was in a shootout. Remember when Detroit lost something like 5 in a row last year?

By the way, there is just way too much respect for our biggest rivals in this thread, and not enough hate.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:09 PM
CanadienErrant*

how many points for Grabovski tonight ?

I have the bad feeling he's gonna hurt the Habs tonight with 2-3 points, including a point on the winning goal.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Mustafa*

What are the lines for tonight? Is Laraque and Higgins back? I can't wait to see Lats-Lang-SKost / Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay as our secondary scoring, something the CBC analyst said we lacked last year prior to the playoff

Personaly, even thought i like Schenn, i think that O'Byrne will have a better season. But i understand how the Leafs fans are thriled about him and Kulemin, that's how a reconstruction phase work, especialy knowing the Leafs fans.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:17 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
What are the lines for tonight? Is Laraque and Higgins back? I can't wait to see Lats-Lang-SKost / Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay as our secondary scoring, something the CBC analyst said we lacked last year prior to the playoff

Personaly, even thought i like Schenn, i think that O'Byrne will have a better season. But i understand how the Leafs fans are thriled about him and Kulemin, that's how a reconstruction phase work, especialy knowing the Leafs fans.
O'byrne is 24. Schenn is 18. It would be normal that O'byrne would have a better year. But never forget that Schenn is a high draft pick, not O'byrne.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:19 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Huh.. I dont think Grabovski has high potential.. he has explosive speed and some nice stickhandling skills but he sucks in some other areas.. I just think he will outscore Koivu tonight if Koivu plays like he played yesterday, in fact, if Koivu is gonna play that way all the season long, just get rid of and call up Maxwell..
07-08 playoffs - 7gp 3g 6a 9pts and THE BEST player on the ice, with a partially healed break in his foot. Some ppl on this board and in the french media (especially 110%) drive me f***ing nuts. This is UNBELIEVABLE!

Old
10-11-2008, 03:24 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
07-08 playoffs - 7gp 3g 6a 9pts and THE BEST player on the ice, with a partially healed break in his foot. Some ppl on this board and in the french media (especially 110%) drive me f***ing nuts. This is UNBELIEVABLE!
That's been his silly agenda since he's been on this site. Fapping about the future(read: any player under 21), wanting to get rid of any player over 26 & above all else, envisioning a team that doesn't need Saku no matter how well he performs in the playoffs. It's beyond tiresome, don't let it bother you.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
O'byrne is 24. Schenn is 18. It would be normal that O'byrne would have a better year. But never forget that Schenn is a high draft pick, not O'byrne.
Booth aspect have been taken into consideration before the post. Schenn should have a better carrer than O'Byrne, but this year O'Byrne should be better, or at least have better results, he will be paired with Hamrlick, and he has almosy 1 season of NHL experience behing him. I just can't picture a 18 years old defensemen pulling a better season than O'Byrne will do in his role, it could happen, it has happen, Schenn is playing with an good defense squad but O'byrne will be playing with a way better offensive, puck moving, squad and he will not be fingered in the showers.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:26 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
By the way, there is just way too much respect for our biggest rivals in this thread, and not enough hate.
They're all too busy hating Koivu.

I heard that Luke Schenn is going to have the Habs for breakfast, lunch and dinner tonight.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Rgolt

was anybody else here impressed with langs performance?

Old
10-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Iwishihadacup

Schenn is so good he can screen the goalie, PPQB a powerplay and an shoot from the point at the same TIME OMGZZZ IT SUCKS WE DONT HAVE HIM!!

Schenn

But LUCIC is so great he can fight, screnn the goalie, play in the office and break a goal scoring record AT THE SAME TIME!!! TOO BAD BOSTON IS TOO NOOB TO UNDERSTAND THAT HE'S A 0 LINE LOCK ON GOD'S TEAM!!! OMGZ HE'S SO SEKSY AND SO MAINLY I CANNOT UNDERTAND WHY PEOPLE DOES NOT LOVE HIM

Old
10-11-2008, 03:33 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
was anybody else here impressed with langs performance?
Last night or in tonight's game?

I think he pulled his own weight and more in last night's game. If he remains consistent throughout the season, it's going to be a great year

Old
10-11-2008, 03:33 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
That's been his silly agenda since he's been on this site. Fapping about the future(read: any player under 21), wanting to get rid of any player over 26 & above all else, envisioning a team that doesn't need Saku no matter how well he performs in the playoffs. It's beyond tiresome, don't let it bother you.

Thanks for the heads up Blades. BTW that's the best old school hockey game made (with the exception of NHL 93-94) and the first that talks I think. I definitely don't miss blowing in the damn cartridge though!

Old
10-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
They're all too busy hating Koivu.

I heard that Luke Schenn is going to have the Habs for breakfast, lunch and dinner tonight.
He's going to own Kovalev with his puck handling, do a youtube while AKost is crying on his knees, will wrestle Kosto and laraque at the same time, hit Komisarek in open ice and will stop the puck with the shaft of his stick while Price will bow before him. And then when the Ref whill call a penality on him he will have a ironic smile and Carbo will loose his temper and scream "Who's this guy?"; Toronto will collectivly answer "he's Lord Stanley, dont you know him?"

Old
10-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Kudos to Kareem for starting the Schenn Lovefest.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Blades. BTW that's the best old school hockey game made (with the exception of NHL 93-94) and the first that talks I think. I definitely don't miss blowing in the damn cartridge though!
NHL 94 was the bomb.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
I agree 100%. These same people also choose to ignore all the community work our Captain does. They're so ignorant.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:

Old
10-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
I agree 100%. These same people also choose to ignore all the community work our Captain does. They're so ignorant.
He's the key player (apart from Price) for our shot at the Stanley cup.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:45 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

go habs go woo

Old
10-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
He's the key player (apart from Price) for our shot at the Stanley cup.
i think our chances are pretty much determined on which kovalev we will see this season hopefully it will be the one from last year

Old
10-11-2008, 03:57 PM
mtl_felix

Kinda OT but I thought it was kinda weird:

Taken on RDS Zone video.

Old
10-11-2008, 03:59 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

better bring your A game tonight, our boys will not be outworked that for sure.

Old
10-11-2008, 04:03 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl_felix View Post
Kinda OT but I thought it was kinda weird:Taken on RDS Zone video.
maybe it's a siarhei sergei type deal

Closed Thread