HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chicago Blackhawks @ New York Rangers (10/10)

Old
10-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Retail1LO

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
I was actually impressed with the Hawks performance for the most part. This could have just as easily been 7-4 Hawks. A little lack of touch around the net...a couple bounching pucks that couldn't be handled. I thought Ladd should have shot instead of attempting that dish in tight to Sharp. The Campbell goal was marvelous. Incredible thinking for a defenseman to make that play. I can honestly say that there's no excuse for splitting up Kane & Toews. I don't like it even a little. Skille looked good, although his missed his backchecking assignment on the Redden goal. He skates well and has plenty of grit. He made a wonderful stickhandling play to set himself up for a shot between the circles that he just couldn't get by Lundqvist...but it was a nice play nonetheless. Byfuglien looks Thorntonesque on the puck. He's an absolute beast. I wouldn't mind seeing him on a line with Kane and Toews, with maybe a line of Havlat, Sharp, and Skille on the second. Just game one guys. Some obvious missed opportunities were the difference makers. We bury our chances last night, and the Rangers 4 goals are pretty immaterial. One final note...our transition game looks fantastic. Let's see how we handle Semin and Ovechkin this evening.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Don't worry guys. Huet is a sharp goalie and bounces back after a tough game. He did with us, he'll do with you... Was he that bad tonight though?
He is sharp but you have to realize that Hawks have two goalies under 12M a year. There is no room for error. Huet can not have such games. Zherdevs goal was never suppose to happen. Imo bad goal, there was another horrible rebound.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 11:18 AM
HuetIs39

Huet is the kind of goalie that you will either love or hate after a game. He rarely has a "okay" game its either he has an amazing game or a sub par game. I think most of you guys will come to love that he's playing for you guys. That being said I don't think he is worth what he is getting paid but hopefully he'll live up to the contract. Hope you guys have a great season you guys are my "second" team.

HuetIs39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Teemu

Final score 4-2
Goal:
Kane (1) from Campbell
Keith (1) from Byfuglien and Sharp

Player of the game

Patrick Sharp

Goat of the game

Cristobal Huet

Last edited by Teemu: 10-11-2008 at 01:39 PM.
Teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 02:41 PM
massivegoonery

Goat? Campbell had a great game.

Maybe we use the word "goat" differently.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Teemu

I switched it to Huet a little while back. There wasn't really one big goat from that game, as the NYR just had a great game.

Teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 05:09 PM
willfenix

Send a message via AIM to willfenix
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfchockey View Post

Kane played well, but it looked like most times, he had nobody to pass to (He and Toews always seemed to 'know' where each other were at at all times).
I just wanted to throw my two cents in that I agree with this. It goes hand in hand with Savard's wacky lines. Remember at the beginning of last year Kane and Toews would just go back and forth and back and forth all game? They got suffocated a little it once everyone got tipped off about it, but you'd think it's a no brainer to stick those two guys together. Sharp seems to score from anywhere and there's no reason why Sharp-Toews-Kane shouldn't be our first line.

willfenix is offline   Reply With Quote