HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs give Leafs the Bruin Treatment; 6-1 final

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2008, 09:09 PM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
No question whatsoever to me that the worst player - by a long shot - wearing a red sweater was Ryan O'Byrne.

He looked bad last night in Buffalo and tonight he was probably worse. He also knocked the puck away from Halak on the Leaf goal.
I must be way off cause I thought he was solid tonight and last night he was pretty good except for 2 bad plays.

The guy has 1 assist, 3 shots on goal and was +1 after one period tonight and still people where complaining...I dont get it. Meanwhile I think Gorges as played real bad these 2 games and people think he's great....he keeps giving the puck to the other team so far this season.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Kirk Muller

Pretty entertaining game at least from a habs standpoint. More than the offense i like the fact Montreal initiated the physical play.

Tanguay in the Eastern conference should be interesting. He finds passing lanes better than anyone on the team.

Good efforts from basically everyone. I still do not like Brisebois however that likely won't change. Also, Lapierre disappointed and frankly if he doesn't play with an edge he is useless. I'd rather have BGL, Chipchura, and Kostopoulos for the fourth line when everyone is healthy.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Maliki2

Ahaha Bruins announcers saying they have been dominating! Umm your losing!!!

Old
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I must be way off cause I thought he was solid tonight and last night he was pretty good except for 2 bad plays.

The guy has 1 assist, 3 shots on goal and was +1 after one period tonight and still people where complaining...I dont get it. Meanwhile I think Gorges as played real bad these 2 games and people think he's great....he keeps giving the puck to the other team so far this season.
I agree with you... we definately saw the same game.

Old
MadarameIkakku83

hey guys, you played great tonight .... you have a great team that can score, skate and hit, what more can you ask?? good luck the rest of the way, and see you next game, hopefully the game will be much closer

Old
10-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Ahaha Bruins announcers saying they have been dominating! Umm your losing!!!
Didn't you get that it's all about moral victory for them?

Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadarameIkakku83 View Post
hey guys, you played great tonight .... you have a great team that can score, skate and hit, what more can you ask?? good luck the rest of the way, and see you next game, hopefully the game will be much closer
Thanks for the honest opinion!

Old
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
No question whatsoever to me that the worst player - by a long shot - wearing a red sweater was Ryan O'Byrne.

He looked bad last night in Buffalo and tonight he was probably worse. He also knocked the puck away from Halak on the Leaf goal.
what are you smoking? O'Byrne was good tonight and against Buffalo. I remember two plays against Buffalo that seemed bad, but the puck bounced off his stick because the ice quality was bad, that's not a mistake or a bad play. I guess you're one of those who think those are awful plays and hate players for it...

Old
Habs8517

great win by the boys
only downside was lapierre and stupid brisebois

Old
10-11-2008, 09:13 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I cant wait to see how the team will look like once Higgins and Laraque come back. Ive been watching the Habs since '89 and this is clearly the most talented team ive ever witnessed...
Bouillon will make the team also much more solid on the blue line than Brisebois.

Replacing Brisebois by Bouillon, Dandenault by Higgins and Kostopoulos by Laraque will make this team close to flawless.

Old
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
I agree with you... we definately saw the same game.
+2..

Old
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:

Good luck to you too guys... You have some young guys, and future looks promising in Leafs Nation. Be patient and in a few years you'll see the light...

Schenn is definately something.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
I don't put too much stock in that game except it gives the guys plenty of confidence. Especially for a guy like Tanguay who might have wondered at one point if he's better than what he showed last year. But tonight it's typical of youngs Leafs team that forget their system to please the crowd. Add the fact that most of them were nervous and that we have a deadly PP that benefitted from a 4 minutes and that's the perfect recipe for a blowout.

Old
Russeltown

Tanguay's passes on the PP were unbelievable tonight...

Old
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Bouillon will make the team also much more solid on the blue line than Brisebois.

Replacing Brisebois by Bouillon, Dandenault by Higgins and Kostopoulos by Laraque will make this team close to flawless.
Lapierre's hands will still be flawed.

Man does that guy every shoot the puck on a 2 on 1?

Old
10-11-2008, 09:15 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post

Replacing Brisebois by Bouillon, Dandenault by Higgins and Lapierre by Laraque will make this team close to flawless.

Fixed

Old
10-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Olympic Champion

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by habhob View Post
I disagree. I saw a physical game from Andrei that drew penalties and threw the Leafs off of their game. Don't forget, every team in the NHL is aware of the potency of the Habs 1st line.... we now have 2 other solid offensive lines to deal with the over defensive compensation on our 1st line.

Very telling game tonight, it was.
Belarus is an Isles fan, I don't think he got to watch either of our 2 games so that's probably why he was asking since Kosty didn't get any points.

Wow. TB just choked a 3-0 lead and lost 4-3 in OT to Carolina who played last night. Enjoy the next 11 years Vinny, playing for two clueless owner twits who only own the team due to like 100 million $ in loans.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Don Cherry smoked the same stuff Simpson did
Cherry has always claimed to never run up the score as a coach. But where does Simpson get off saying that, having played with the high-scoring late 80s Oilers who would no doubt have kept the pedal to the metal when up 6-1 in the 2nd period. If anything, we backed off. If the Habs wanted to play the 3rd like they did in the 2nd, it could have very well ended up 10-1.

Old
King Kovalev

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post

I agree, I dont really like Obyrne but he was pretty solid tonight.. Gorges on the other hand not so great since the begining of the season but hey theres still 80 games to go.

Old
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
what are you smoking? O'Byrne was good tonight and against Buffalo. I remember two plays against Buffalo that seemed bad, but the puck bounced off his stick because the ice quality was bad, that's not a mistake or a bad play. I guess you're one of those who think those are awful plays and hate players for it...
I agree, I thought that O'byrne really had a strong game tonight. Some real good puck movement and good defensive coverage. NO penalties tonight either. Ya the mishap with Halak in the crease, but as a defenceman he has to try to get the puck out of the crease as fast as possible. I'm really liking what he brings tothe table. By the end of the season he will be a horse.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

wow we beat the Leafs, start the parade signs.

Relax guys, we played well against a bad team. I still saw some bad habits out there. We didnt battle hard in the defensive zone at times and Halak was great. They could have had 2-3 more goals easily.

I thought Komi is still lagging out there.

It was a great win, but they are one of the worst teams in the NHL. Lets see after Monday, Wednesday and so on, before we say close to flawless.

Give me a break.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:19 PM
la25ecoupe

To be honest, i think Tanguay Lang SKost would be a killer line

Old
10-11-2008, 09:21 PM
suprez

Toronto .. I actually feel sorry for that team.Their best player would barely make it on our third line

Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kovalev View Post
I agree, I dont really like Obyrne but he was pretty solid tonight.. Gorges on the other hand not so great since the begining of the season but hey theres still 80 games to go.
WHAT? Gorges was one of the best tonight!

Old
Bobby G

Can someone please post the season opener montage on youtube (the monologue that started with "it will be another long winter in canada") Someone posted the CBC link but it was terrible quality and cut out half way through.

Closed Thread