HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs give Leafs the Bruin Treatment; 6-1 final

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2008, 10:11 PM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Detroit nearly lost to Ottawa. I don't think they're up to speed yet. They made 19 turnovers against the Leafs in their home opener.
How did you like Sergei's game on the PP?

Old
10-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Detroit nearly lost to Ottawa. I don't think they're up to speed yet. They made 19 turnovers against the Leafs in their home opener.
stanley cup hangover

Old
10-11-2008, 10:15 PM
znk

Quote:
The Hossa effect..

Old
10-11-2008, 10:16 PM
goalchenyuk

Poor performance by the Habs tonight ; Only 6 little goals againts the Leafs that were playing without Finger ...

defense minded system of Carbo .

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 10-11-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old
10-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Rgolt

does anybody know when bouillion higgins and laraque will be back??

Old
10-11-2008, 10:36 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
does anybody know when bouillion higgins and laraque will be back??
The last I heard about Laraque was that he'll be ready for the home opener. Haven't heard anything about Higgins or Bouillon yet though.

Old
10-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Kurt Sexington*

Good result tonight. I'm not that surprised, for two reasons:

1) The Habs are a good team and when they get a lot of PP chances, forget about it. Theyre lethal.

2) Toronto is young and I expect them to win games they shouldn't (i.e. Detroit) and then lose a number of games in blowouts (i.e. tonight). I told my Leaf fan friend this after their Detroit win and he agreed. Young, rebuilding teams can often surprise you but they often collapse or just plain don't show up period.

The offense was nasty tonight. I loved it.

Old
10-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
The last I heard about Laraque was that he'll be ready for the home opener. Haven't heard anything about Higgins or Bouillon yet though.
lets hope theyll be back asap

Old
10-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

Tanguay is looking more comfortable now, let's hope he build on this. I loved Sergei 2nd goal that was a laser

Oh and we have the best goalie duo in the league !

Old
10-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Tanguay is looking more comfortable now, let's hope he build on this. I loved Sergei 2nd goal that was a laser

Oh and we have the best goalie duo in the league !
true story

Old
10-11-2008, 10:45 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form and Substance View Post
Seriously what does Lats need to ****ing do to get some respect around here?
You have to understand how things work here. For reasons unknown, there's a large contingent of posters that only want to post to complain about a current Hab player and repeatedly tell you that Player X, down in Hamilton would be way better and should be playing.

Latendresse, despite his tender age, made the fatal error of being too good too quickly, so he never got sent to Hamilton. That means he's not one of their boys.

Despite scoring back to back seasons of 16 goals - while spending a lot of time on the lower lines and a few brief, but fruitful experiments with Saku Koivu.

Most fanbases would be ecstatic to have a player of his size and ability - with his NHL track record - at such a tender age. On top of it, for a large, silly contingent of fans this matters, but in addition, he's a French Canadian. You would think this would be a no-brainer lovefest. Instead, he gets trashed here.

It's one of the many puzzling things here. I would put in the pile with "Blind Hatred for Patrice Brisebois." I can't tell you many times I've watched him play a solid, if unspectacular game only to come here after the game and find countless guys slagging him or making ridiculous remarks like he should be waived right away because he was so awful. If he makes one turnover, he needs to be removed from the roster and possibly the league. That same game Andrei Markov, could make three turnovers, and not a word will be mentioned.

With a team as popular as the Montreal Canadiens, the fanbase is going to be quite large, and with a large fanbase comes a large "lunatic fringe."

There are clearly a lot of people posting in here who are fans because they think it's cool to be a Canadiens fan, but their knowledge of the league, or for that matter the team itself doesn't seem to be too good.

So to make a short story long, the answer to your question is there's nothing he can do.

Old
10-11-2008, 10:48 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Sergei shows us why he should shoot more, what a ridiculous shot for his second goal. Wished he went glove-side on his breakway, probably woulda had it.

A. Kost didn't really impress me tonight, didn't like his hit from behind on Stajan. I think we can move some people around, Gui and A. Kost on RW.. S. Kost on LW and Tanguay on LW? Shouldn't be too hard of an adjustment, eh?

Old
10-11-2008, 10:50 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sergei shows us why he should shoot more, what a ridiculous shot for his second goal. Wished he went glove-side on his breakway, probably woulda had it.

A. Kost didn't really impress me tonight, didn't like his hit from behind on Stajan. I think we can move some people around, Gui and A. Kost on RW.. S. Kost on LW and Tanguay on LW? Shouldn't be too hard of an adjustment, eh?
You and I both know this ain't never gonna happen.

Old
10-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
You have to understand how things work here. For reasons unknown, there's a large contingent of posters that only want to post to complain about a current Hab player and repeatedly tell you that Player X, down in Hamilton would be way better and should be playing.

Latendresse, despite his tender age, made the fatal error of being too good too quickly, so he never got sent to Hamilton. That means he's not one of their boys.

Despite scoring back to back seasons of 16 goals - while spending a lot of time on the lower lines and a few brief, but fruitful experiments with Saku Koivu.

Most fanbases would be ecstatic to have a player of his size and ability - with his NHL track record - at such a tender age. On top of it, for a large, silly contingent of fans this matters, but in addition, he's a French Canadian. You would think this would be a no-brainer lovefest. Instead, he gets trashed here.

It's one of the many puzzling things here. I would put in the pile with "Blind Hatred for Patrice Brisebois." I can't tell you many times I've watched him play a solid, if unspectacular game only to come here after the game and find countless guys slagging him or making ridiculous remarks like he should be waived right away because he was so awful. If he makes one turnover, he needs to be removed from the roster and possibly the league. That same game Andrei Markov, could make three turnovers, and not a word will be mentioned.

With a team as popular as the Montreal Canadiens, the fanbase is going to be quite large, and with a large fanbase comes a large "lunatic fringe."

There are clearly a lot of people posting in here who are fans because they think it's cool to be a Canadiens fan, but their knowledge of the league, or for that matter the team itself doesn't seem to be too good.

So to make a short story long, the answer to your question is there's nothing he can do.
i think the fact that he is a french canadian is a bit of a disadvantage because non-french canadians think the only reason hes on the team is because hes french canadian thats y people give him s***.......also i would have to disagree on what you wrote about brisebois i think he brings absolutely nothing to the table and makes many mistakes....i think his playing days are over and its time for him to hang up his skates

Old
10-11-2008, 10:51 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
You and I both know this ain't never gonna happen.
It may eventually, just probably not while Kovalev is on the team.

My one qualm about Carbo's coaching tonight, putting the 4th line out after our first goal and almost letting the Leafs tie it. I'm always for bringing out another offensive line and bringing the play back in the other teams end.

Old
10-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Macs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
WHat? **** Cherry....whats he supposed to do , play Breezy all night long?

Shut up old man!
When the Habs lead by 3 goals or more, they should be allowed to replace their roster bye the Bulldogs.

Old
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Halak is a beast.

A bonafide NHL starter.

Old
Rgolt

Quote:
It may eventually, just probably not while Kovalev is on the team.

My one qualm about Carbo's coaching tonight, putting the 4th line out after our first goal and almost letting the Leafs tie it. I'm always for bringing out another offensive line and bringing the play back in the other teams end.
i thought the hating on carbo was over after he led the team to a 1st overall finish in the east and a nomination for the jack adams

Old
10-11-2008, 10:55 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
i thought the hating on carbo was over after he led the team to a 1st overall finish in the east and a nomination for the jack adams
There's always room for improvement. He's still a young coach.

Old
10-11-2008, 10:56 PM
AD

Quote:
You obviously don't know WTK.

Though in WTK's defense.. he admits the hatred is irrational.

Old
10-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Rgolt

Quote:

no i dont.....does he hate carbo?

Old
10-11-2008, 10:58 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:

I don't think I've ever liked a Montreal Canadiens coach, so, yes.

Old
10-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
I don't think I've ever liked a Montreal Canadiens coach, so, yes.
i remember when i was a carbo hater.....but look how the tides r changing.....i now praise him.....same thing with gainey

Old
10-11-2008, 11:04 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
.also i would have to disagree on what you wrote about brisebois i think he brings absolutely nothing to the table and makes many mistakes....i think his playing days are over and its time for him to hang up his skates
The bashing of Brisebois is hardly restricted to this season. He was being relentless bashed ten years ago, too.

Old
10-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
I'm watching the highlights on RDS.ca... One thing i didnt realize while watching the game is the amount of habs fan at the ACC. WOW!
How did they manage to get all of those tickets on opening night, every time the Habs scored it sounded like they were playing at the Bell Centre.

Habs fans are definetly the best one in the league! good job guys!

BTw im no big fan of Lapierre but i love the way he snowed Joseph after SKostitsyn's breakaway. GOLD!

Closed Thread