HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs give Leafs the Bruin Treatment; 6-1 final

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Rgolt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
The bashing of Brisebois is hardly restricted to this season. He was being relentless bashed ten years ago, too.
very true but at that time he was being paid over 4 mill

Old
10-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
very true but at that time he was being paid over 4 mill
finger's salary...

Old
10-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Zinger

Beein mon p'tit Serge K...

what a game.

lets not get to high on ourselves, we only beat the Toronto Marlies. LOL ROFL LMAO

Old
10-11-2008, 11:10 PM
Kachino

Missed the game... just saw the highlights and WOW!!!!! Never thought it was going to be a one-sided game like that... Was expecting a close game... especially in Toronto...

Old
10-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
finger's salary...
lol....what r with the lafs and signing dman to lucrative contracts.....i thought those days were over after jfj left.....btw he just recently got a new job as a scout for the sharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino View Post
Missed the game... just saw the highlights and WOW!!!!! Never thought it was going to be a one-sided game like that... Was expecting a close game... especially in Toronto...
how cud u possibly miss a habs leafs game?????

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-11-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old
10-11-2008, 11:13 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Sergei shows us why he should shoot more, what a ridiculous shot for his second goal. Wished he went glove-side on his breakway, probably woulda had it.

A. Kost didn't really impress me tonight, didn't like his hit from behind on Stajan. I think we can move some people around, Gui and A. Kost on RW.. S. Kost on LW and Tanguay on LW? Shouldn't be too hard of an adjustment, eh?
While Andrei didn't have the best game he still played well enough with that line. IMO you cannot break that line up, it is too potent. At times during the game tonight the Leafs didn't even touch the puck against that line. So smooth and they have so much skill and chemistry; I just don't think you can break up one of the best lines in the league. Andrei just needs to pot one soon and get some confidence. He is the type of player that when he gets one you can see how much more comfortable he is out there. I don't really think it is fair to condemn that hit either because he was already locked in and Steen(or was it Stajan?) turned his back when he got there.

Old
10-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceee View Post
I'm watching the highlights on RDS.ca... One thing i didnt realize while watching the game is the amount of habs fan at the ACC. WOW!
How did they manage to get all of those tickets on opening night, every time the Habs scored it sounded like they were playing at the Bell Centre.

Habs fans are definetly the best one in the league! good job guys!

BTw im no big fan of Lapierre but i love the way he snowed Joseph after SKostitsyn's breakaway. GOLD!
I've been to a few Habs-Leafs games in TO...

Its usually 50/50 in that building...

There are more leaf fans in the GTA obviously... .but Montreal is easily the number 2 team here.... People wait every year for the 3-4 habs games in TO...

They beg, cajole, pay scalpers, whatever it takes to get some of those leaf tickets.

Old
10-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
While Andrei didn't have the best game he still played well enough with that line. IMO you cannot break that line up, it is too potent. At times during the game tonight the Leafs didn't even touch the puck against that line. So smooth and they have so much skill and chemistry; I just don't think you can break up one of the best lines in the league. Andrei just needs to pot one soon and get some confidence. He is the type of player that when he gets one you can see how much more comfortable he is out there. I don't really think it is fair to condemn that hit either because he was already locked in and Steen(or was it Stajan?) turned his back when he got there.
i like it when andrei gets physical....hes a beast

Old
10-11-2008, 11:17 PM
supertzar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Can someone please post the season opener montage on youtube (the monologue that started with "it will be another long winter in canada") Someone posted the CBC link but it was terrible quality and cut out half way through.
I can't seem to find it either. Maybe I'm just computer-stupid.

Old
10-11-2008, 11:17 PM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashnieh View Post
Beein mon p'tit Serge K...

what a game.

lets not get to high on ourselves, we only beat the Toronto Marlies. LOL ROFL LMAO
Don't be mistaken, maybe they looked like the Marlies, maybe they played like the Marlies do but it was the Maple Leafs, sadly enough for them hahaha.

Old
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Toronto is not as bad as some people say... They have a respectable team who will make you pay if you don't work hard. Just ask the Wings.

Old
10-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Zinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Toronto is not as bad as some people say... They have a respectable team who will make you pay if you don't work hard. Just ask the Wings.
i heard Zetterberg and Datsyuk were chugging pints before the game, and i heard Franzen and Filpula polished a bottle of JD during first intermission. I also heard that Mike Babcock was playing tetris on his phone behind the bench.They wanted to celebrate the stanley cup ceremonies

Old
10-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashnieh View Post
i heard Zetterberg and Datsyuk were chugging pints before the game, and i heard Franzen and Filpula polished a bottle of JD during first intermission. I also heard that Mike Babcock was playing tetris on his phone behind the bench.They wanted to celebrate the stanley cup ceremonies
makes sense lol

Old
10-11-2008, 11:39 PM
bib
#believe

Anybody find the full video of that crazy PP sequence where Sergei ended up putting it top shelf?

Old
10-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Pascal

the TSN highlights are funny, going nuts when Schenn "fights" AKost.. "How about the kid, STEPPING UP!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
Anybody find the full video of that crazy PP sequence where Sergei ended up putting it top shelf?
tsn.ca highlights

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-12-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old
10-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
the TSN highlights are funny, going nuts when Schenn "fights" AKost.. "How about the kid, STEPPING UP!!"
schenns an idiot he dropped his gloves during the hit and attacked akost.....if he wasnt an idiot and didnt drop his gloves then the leafs wud have had a pp and it cudve been a very diff game

Old
10-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
schenns an idiot he dropped his gloves during the hit and attacked akost.....if he wasnt an idiot and didnt drop his gloves then the leafs wud have had a pp and it cudve been a very diff game
Montreal was already up 5 goals at that point

Old
10-11-2008, 11:52 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
what are you smoking? O'Byrne was good tonight and against Buffalo. I remember two plays against Buffalo that seemed bad, but the puck bounced off his stick because the ice quality was bad, that's not a mistake or a bad play. I guess you're one of those who think those are awful plays and hate players for it...
O'Byrne was absolutyl awfull last game against Buffalo. In my opinion, he was our worst player. He had one nice play when he slid on the floor and broke up a possible scoring chance, but apart from that play, he was making turnovers left and right.

I don't know if it's just me but I have this impression that most fans have a crush on O'Byrne for some reason. It's something that I don't really get. I found him very sub-par when he was called upon last year and also in the two games this year. Maybe it's just me I guess...only time will tell.

Old
10-11-2008, 11:52 PM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
tsn.ca highlights
yeah I've seen that, I'm looking for the full sequence though

Old
10-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Montreal was already up 5 goals at that point
i no just trying to get my point across that schenn suks(bc hes a laf)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
yeah I've seen that, I'm looking for the full sequence though
try youtube

Old
10-12-2008, 12:03 AM
C-Saku Koivu MTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
O'Byrne was absolutyl awfull last game against Buffalo. In my opinion, he was our worst player. He had one nice play when he slid on the floor and broke up a possible scoring chance, but apart from that play, he was making turnovers left and right.

I don't know if it's just me but I have this impression that most fans have a crush on O'Byrne for some reason. It's something that I don't really get. I found him very sub-par when he was called upon last year and also in the two games this year. Maybe it's just me I guess...only time will tell.
I' m not his biggest fan out there but we do need his presence on the ice. We can't afford (cap wise) a higher talent level defenceman for now and we don't have any defenceman ready to play on a regualr basis yet (I don't agree Weber is ready just yet, close but not yet).

I'm confident Gainey will be in the running for a defenceman come trade deadline when we will be able to afford one.

Old
10-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
I' m not his biggest fan out there but we do need his presence on the ice. We can't afford (cap wise) a higher talent level defenceman for now and we don't have any defenceman ready to play on a regualr basis yet (I don't agree Weber is ready just yet, close but not yet).

I'm confident Gainey will be in the running for a defenceman come trade deadline when we will be able to afford one.
we can add a pricier dman if we cut dandenault which will hopefully be soon........ also ur right weber is not ready he will be next year tho hopefully along with valentenko,yemelin, mcdonaugh and fisher but we dnt need to rush anything with mcdo

Old
10-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Kachino

Quote:
how cud u possibly miss a habs leafs game?????
Hum... how about spending 8 hours at the ER waiting for a doctor to treat my mother?

Old
10-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Rgolt

Quote:
Hum... how about spending 8 hours at the ER waiting for a doctor to treat my mother?
sucks man....sorry

Old
10-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Hope everything is okay Kachino...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watching CBC after hours LOL OMG PJ Stock's new hair!!!!

Someone needs to call him on Monday/Tuesday and make fun of his gay haircut.

Closed Thread