HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thank You Jaromir Jagr

Old
10-12-2008, 09:50 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Thank You Jaromir Jagr

There are many things for which to thank #68. He truly helped bring the Rangers back from the darkside, gave us an incredible ride in 06, brought the spark back to MSG.

But we must not overlook the mentoring of one Brandon Dubinsky in his rookie season. He took the kid and helped fill him with confidence and encouragement. We still are reaping the benefits of Slats greatest trade!

Thank you JJ

10-12-2008, 09:53 AM
TheZherdev

I will tell you this much. We wouldn't be where we are now without him. Do you really think FAs like Gomez and Drury would sign to a team that was in last place?

I guarantee you without Jagr we'd still be a rebuilding team at this point. So thank you JJ for all the memories and everything you did for the organization.

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:00 PM
BDA

co-sign

BDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:17 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
I will tell you this much. We wouldn't be where we are now without him. Do you really think FAs like Gomez and Drury would sign to a team that was in last place?

I guarantee you without Jagr we'd still be a rebuilding team at this point. So thank you JJ for all the memories and everything you did for the organization.
UMMM...YES! Jagr or not, 0-82 they r still coming! New York is the place 2 Be...

and yes thanks... Thanks 4 leaving!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:55 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaveHo94 View Post
UMMM...YES! Jagr or not, 0-82 they r still coming! New York is the place 2 Be...

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:11 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:

No they wouldn't, and even if they would, Sather wouldn't have signed them. I distinctly remember a quote before the 2005-2006 season where Sather said, "If we make the playoffs, then great, but right now our focus is rebuilding." Not even Sather thought we were making the playoffs. Sather wanted to rebuild, and truly meant it, and if we finished 13th in the division as was probable, Sather wouldn't have spent tons of money on those two guys. Jagr (with Lundqvist) made this team a contender when nobody in the world expected it.

Say what you want about him, about whether he was giving his all or not, whether he stalled the offense or not, but he started what is going on right now. There's a famous saying in history that says, "The starter of a revolution never sees the result of it." He might not be on the team, but any success the Rangers have in the next 5 or so years can be attributed to him. He started this revolution in Rangers hockey.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:15 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
There are many things for which to thank #68. He truly helped bring the Rangers back from the darkside, gave us an incredible ride in 06, brought the spark back to MSG.

But we must not overlook the mentoring of one Brandon Dubinsky in his rookie season. He took the kid and helped fill him with confidence and encouragement. We still are reaping the benefits of Slats greatest trade!

Thank you JJ
Agreed!

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:18 PM
The Thomas J.*

Jagr turned this Franchise around in 06' Like Messier turned it around in 91'

It will always be a disapointment that Jagr did not win a cup here, he wanted it so badly. One thing about Jagr is tht he cared alot about the game & the Rangers.

To this day in Russia Jagr still cares about the team he left behind & is mentorinf a potentiol future Stat in Cheraponov.

We owe Jagr alot, much more than Thank you, that barly scratchs the surface.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:21 PM
TheZherdev

I hope they bring him back at some point for some type of tribute. Probably wont happen until he finishes up with his playing in Russia.

Old
10-12-2008, 03:05 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:

other than gomez and drury nobody would be coming here (especially since gomez and drury still had contracts to fill out)

Like it or not , Jagr took the new york wolfpack and brought them back to the new york rangers.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:41 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDA View Post
co-sign
point 02

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:

And i'm the hater huh

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:02 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
wasn't Jagr playing injured when he became the highest scoring Ranger?

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:41 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
wasn't Jagr playing injured when he became the highest scoring Ranger?
He was injured in Game 1? of the playoffs ,definetly in the playoffs ,he had some minor "discomfort" whatever you wanna take with that while he scored # 53 to beat adam graves.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:40 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
wasn't it his shoulder that was bothering him...or was that in the post lock out year?

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
The guy is a stud always has been attitude aside, love what he did here and the Rangers should bring him into the organization somewhere if he wants it at a later date.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:41 AM
zestystrat

Mods please sticky this thread so we can keep this shrine to JJ alive forever.

Yes thx to JJ for mentoring a young player (you hope that your captain would do that for a rook on his line). But I would guess that Shanny, Gomez, Drury to name a few of the other world class vets also helped the yoots keep their heads on straight and showed them a thing or two.

Not trying to flame the OP but IMO this just seems like a continuation of the JJ argument...seems to be where the thread is going.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:47 AM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by zestystrat View Post
Mods please sticky this thread so we can keep this shrine to JJ alive forever.

Yes thx to JJ for mentoring a young player (you hope that your captain would do that for a rook on his line). But I would guess that Shanny, Gomez, Drury to name a few of the other world class vets also helped the yoots keep their heads on straight and showed them a thing or two.

Not trying to flame the OP but IMO this just seems like a continuation of the JJ argument...seems to be where the thread is going.
Umm actually it seems more like an appreciation thread. I havent really heard anyone in this thread say, we really screwed up big time or what were we thinking letting him go?

It was obvious it was time to move on, but the things he did for this organization as of right now are far greater than anything shanny, gomez, or drury did.

Old
10-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Id take a thread praising Jagr over one that praises Avery any day.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:04 AM
zestystrat

Actually I see this as a JJ made Dubi is what he is today thread. I just think this is unfair to the rest of the solid vet leadership on last years team and Dubi to make that statement. He had another linemate too - was there any influence there?

I'm in the minority I guess but JJ was a pretty flawed captain at times. While JJ made an impact on Dubi (there is no question of that), but considering the way he went out, I hope that Dubi didn't pick up EVERYTHING from JJ.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Fletch

Considering Jagr...

was his linemate more than the others, and I believe requested him as his centerman at some point, I'm willing to give Jagr much of the credit for Dubi's success. Shanny, Gomez, Drury and others were guys I'm sure helped along too, especially in the way he carries himself, but having success on a top line with one of the better forwards in the game the last 20 years can do a lot for a 21 year old kid.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 02:04 PM
SChan*

then again Jagr entered with lundqvist. Lundqvist was the first goalie is like 7 years to make the playoffs

SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

I thought this was a sarcastic thread at first, too. As a Devils fan I'm not exactly a Jagr fan, but I wouldn't wish this kind of situation on anyone.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:03 PM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post

Thank you JJ
Amen!!!!

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
I thought this was a sarcastic thread at first, too. As a Devils fan I'm not exactly a Jagr fan, but I wouldn't wish this kind of situation on anyone.
This thread was started before today's events, but i think in light of them should be locked or have the name changed.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote