HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Could Schremp be on next season's roster?

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2004, 10:47 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Nope, I remember them saying he was completely and fully ready in every and any way. Simply, MacT didn't want to throw a guy who hadn't played in months into the fire of the last 2-3 games of the season/playoff run (which is more then understandable, I doubt I wouldn't have dressed a guy who hadn't played in months either).

06-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Master Lok

Actually what I'd like to see... is us stick with the current foursome down the middle

Nedved - Horcoff - Reasoner - Stoll

If one of the centres gets injured, then move York back into the middle. if TWO of the centres gets injured, bring in Schremp for a 10 game callup from Junior (whatever the maximum is), then hopefully one of the centres is healthy again. While I like Bishai's work effort, I wasn't that impressed with his skills (he's a 3/4 centreman). Hopefully Schremp can bring more to the table (as a 1/2 centreman).

Old
06-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Actually what I'd like to see... is us stick with the current foursome down the middle

Nedved - Horcoff - Reasoner - Stoll

If one of the centres gets injured, then move York back into the middle. if TWO of the centres gets injured, bring in Schremp for a 10 game callup from Junior (whatever the maximum is), then hopefully one of the centres is healthy again. While I like Bishai's work effort, I wasn't that impressed with his skills (he's a 3/4 centreman). Hopefully Schremp can bring more to the table (as a 1/2 centreman).
Well unless they throw Isbister on the RW, which I've been saying for a while where would he play?
York-Nedved-Dvorak
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Stoll-Laraque
Isbister, Rita

Old
06-30-2004, 01:41 PM
mackdogs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltalk
Well unless they throw Isbister on the RW, which I've been saying for a while where would he play?
York-Nedved-Dvorak
Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani
Torres-Stoll-Laraque
Isbister, Rita
I wouldn't mind seeing York take a spin at RW based on your lines. We always hear about his versatility. He's a solid winger, decent center, and I remember seeing him on our point a time or two on the power play. Who knows, maybe he could make the move to RW? It couldn't be worse than Smyth playing C last year. One of Pisani or BG could hit the PB to make room.

But, to answer your question, Izzy can take Rita's roster spot on the Roadrunners

Last edited by mackdogs*: 06-30-2004 at 01:47 PM.
Old
06-30-2004, 01:58 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Am I the only one who thinks that it wouldn't be a mis-use of York to play him on the fourth line but then LOAD him up with special teams minutes so he's still getting first line time? Put him back on the fourth line (which on our team is still going to take a VERY regular shift) and then put him on the point for ATLEAST the first PP unit, and have him on the second PK unit with say Dvorak.

Old
06-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Am I the only one who thinks that it wouldn't be a mis-use of York to play him on the fourth line but then LOAD him up with special teams minutes so he's still getting first line time? Put him back on the fourth line (which on our team is still going to take a VERY regular shift) and then put him on the point for ATLEAST the first PP unit, and have him on the second PK unit with say Dvorak.
That's based on the Oilers getting a lot of power play time, and taking penalties each and every game, but what if the team is more disciplined next year than in past years? I think it would be a mistake. It's probably easier to ship off one of the excess centers.(Reasoner, Horcoff)

Old
06-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Allan

I think York is far too strong a player 5-on-5 to limit him to mostly special teams play.

Old
06-30-2004, 05:40 PM
copperandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
I think York is far too strong a player 5-on-5 to limit him to mostly special teams play.
I agree with that.

Until he got hurt last year he was THE best Oiler and looked legit in the process. I am not sure you want one of your best players toiling on the 4th line.

Old
06-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Digger12

Not to mention that as it stood last year he led the team in PP ice time/game...unless you start double shifting him and leaving him out there for the full two minutes (which I doubt his frail frame could take), how much more special teams ice is there left to give him?

Old
06-30-2004, 06:42 PM
MastahPlaya

bakk to the subject....i hope shremp plays next season..i cant beleive we got him hahah damnnn...the kid looks lik a keeper

Old
06-30-2004, 07:43 PM
Big T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahPlaya
bakk to the subject....i hope shremp plays next season..i cant beleive we got him hahah damnnn...the kid looks lik a keeper

I don't want to count any chickens before they're hatched, but the kid sounds like he's a steal at 25. There's one hitch I can think of though. What kind of money does that ego expect to get. Realistic I hope. Time will tell.

T

Old
06-30-2004, 08:40 PM
IceDragoon

Could Schremp be on next season's roster?

Well if "next season" is 2 years from now, then yes, probably.
If the NHL and PA work things out this year, then I say he might get a 10 game call-up.

btw guys - I think Marty is going to surprise a few of you.
If I read his character correctly, he is not going to miss a beat.
imo - He is versatile, coachable and capable of playing with any linemates.
And, he's a smart hockey player who needed to re-focus, and then helped get the most out of his teammates.

Now I will gaze into my crystal ball... 20 yrs from now... Marty Reasoner is the head coach of .........

Old
06-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Oi'll say!

No way is Schremp making the team this season. If the Oilers thought he was that good they would have taken him with their first pick and there's no way that he's going to be good enough in camp to sway their opinions that much.

Old
06-30-2004, 10:14 PM
Oi'll say!

I like both Reasoner and Horcoff but I think Marty's the better player right now. He's been a rock down the middle ever since he cleared waivers and he was the guy who made Marchant expendable. There's no way that Lowe could have let Todd go based on the way horc was playing in the 2002/03 season.

Closed Thread