HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lats finally develops in a Leclair type of power forward

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2008, 03:01 PM
HabsDood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moester View Post
If Lats comes out like gangbusters at camp, gets some extra acceleration out of those legs of his; then you have to go with a Tanguay-Koivu-Lats line. If not, then I say try a Tanguay-Koivu-Higgins on the second unit. Leave the top unit untouched unless absolutely necessary.
I think we have a winner

Old
10-12-2008, 03:20 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsDood View Post
I think we have a winner
Evil necromancer, you, you woke up a MONSTER

Old
10-12-2008, 03:29 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
I also belive that he will eventually be an assist man. He can make sweet passes. Hopefully he will start crushing people like he did in his first year. He is definetely a player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I am really high on Latendresse, and yet I am an anglophone, so there goes your narrow-minded theory.

It's not his 'powerforward' potential, it's his scoring potential that makes him such a solid prospect.

What an idiotic thread.
Good points. Detroit also had datsyuk and Zetterberg at a discount. If Price breaks through the Habs will have Price, Lats, Higgins, Komi, Titts 1 and Titts 2, Halak, Plecs all making less than they eventually will with Markov, obyrne and Gorges a possibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
In the NHL with the cap, in order to win you have to develop at the same time, usually the teams that have won in the cap world have had very good young players making less than market value(not yet UFA/RFA or signed early) being key producers. 2 years ago Anaheim had Getzlaf and Kunits in their top 6 making 2 mil or so combined. Last year Detroit had Kronvall Filippula and Franzen not making a lot.

Last year the Kostitsyns played welland contributed and the team was patient when they had growing pains. Price also.

Lats is a lot like Ryder but more well rounded, he is reliant on a playmaking center. Ryder saw his offense drop when he was no longer with Koivu. A guy like S.Kost Tanguay or Higgins can play on just about any line as they give you a bit of everything and are more playmakers than scorers. A.Kost is a finisher but he is better at carrying the puck and beating guys one on one than Lats so he can score that way.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-12-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old
10-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
"Lats finally develops in a Leclair type of power forward"

AKA "the bi-monthly Latendresse assesment thread".

I'm really bored with this subject. Let him show what he can do and then the Habs will deal with it. Do we really need to argue every two weeks on the fate and fortunes of Lats?

It keep coming back like an echo because some fans feel they have to convince the skeptics (not to mention themselves) over and over. Of course a lot of Habs fattened their stats in that game. They should have saved some of their scoring for games against worthier opponents. Maybe the Sabres, for instance?

Old
10-12-2008, 05:10 PM
OnePoll*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
It keep coming back like an echo because some fans feel they have to convince the skeptics (not to mention themselves) over and over. Of course a lot of Habs fattened their stats in that game. They should have saved some of their scoring for games against worthier opponents. Maybe the Sabres, for instance?
Are you a habs fans? I made a quick search on your account, all about the Habs, half of them negative and the other quarter is to bash Latendresse.

Old
10-12-2008, 05:39 PM
jdmef8vtec*

yes he had a good game, but come on that was one game against an AHL line up, lets not get ahead of ourselves, I want to see how he responds against better teams

Old
10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
yes he had a good game, but come on that was one game against an AHL line up, lets not get ahead of ourselves, I want to see how he responds against better teams
Agreed, I hope he does well but I am not going to get ahead of myself after one game.

Old
10-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

About Lats...I was talking about this with some pals the other day and the way he plays is that he will never be the classic power forward. If you look at his style, when he plays with the puck, he thinks like a skilled guy. And he only hits when he doesn't have the puck, but not when there's traffic. It's like he's two different players at different moments wheras somebody like Getzav for instance use his body to score goals. Power-forwards usualy are called as such because their intimidation allow them to score goals. Their physical presence allow them to have all these points. While when Guy scores goals it's via his natural skills, not because of his physique.

Old
10-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Beakermania*

we've got a couple of Gui threads on the go right now... lets try to keep stuff in them instead of this old one.

Closed Thread