HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why isn't Pacioretty filling in for Higgins ?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-12-2008, 07:20 AM
  #26
peperebougon*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,151
vCash: 500
we won 6-1. still the whiners whine.

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 07:26 AM
  #27
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Because lats was being fed all night long and other then his one nice pass was a total floater.
Your posts are floaters.

Seriously. WATCH the ****in games.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 07:58 AM
  #28
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 21,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Lats doesn't hit like a power forward and he doesn't creat chances, he floats until Koivu hands him a goal on a silver platter.
Wow. Imagine my surprise to find a post like this AFTER a 2 assist performance. On just about any other night you might have gotten away with it, but ooooh the irony and self-ownage.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:22 AM
  #29
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Because lats was being fed all night long and other then his one nice pass was a total floater. S. Kost plays great with Koivu and has a higher potential, he belongs on the top two lines. Once Higgins gets back I imagine he will take lats spot and he will drop down to Kostopolous's spot and so on but S. Kost should be with Koivu.

S.Kost got both of his goals while with Koivu and Tanguay I believe, they obviously have chemistry.



S. Kost getting 2 goals tonight and showing his scoring flair disagrees with you. He has a wicked wrist shot with great accuracy, Lats doesn't hit like a power forward and he doesn't creat chances, he floats until Koivu hands him a goal on a silver platter.
Being the number 1 hitting forward on the team last year disagrees with you; despite playing only 12:00 a game... Lats had the most hits of any forward on the team.

Also doesn't create chances?? The first goal by Hammer disagrees with you....

And as far as Tanguay's goal goes... that was all created by Latendresse sitting in front of the net causing problems for Toskala and the Leafs defence.

Lats played awesome last night.

Don't let your bias get in the way of actually watching the games...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:23 AM
  #30
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Not to mention Latendresse really clobered a few Leafs along the boards yesterday.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:30 AM
  #31
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,151
vCash: 500
Because he's young and still has tons of things to learn. He's not exactly too strong for the AHL level....not yet.

Let the kid grow up.

As far as Latendresse is concerned....'cause everything always goes back to Lats even in a thread entitled Max Pac for Higgins.....at one point, the haters need to take a back seat. At the very least especially after a great game like he played yesterday. You might have a point in any other given nights, but after yesterday........I don't think it's a good way to be taken too seriously after that...


Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-12-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 11:40 AM
  #32
Cupmonger
Registered User
 
Cupmonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Armenia
Posts: 3,277
vCash: 500
Give me a


G

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:00 PM
  #33
couz
 
couz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: montreal
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
GL had 1g 2A and probably had the best hits on Leaf players.

Some of you guys just like to hate him for whatever reason...its ridiculous.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:23 PM
  #34
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
I think that I'm going to develop an irrational hatred for some players. I don't yet know why I'll hate them, maybe it'll be ethnicity, maybe I'll hate them because other people like them and lord knows I yearn to be a maverick, but hate them I shall.

Then I'll claim that I don't hate them, I'm just being objective. Then whenever they do something well, I'll point out someone who's better, or find a reason why it wasn't said player who is better, just player b who set him up.

My point in all this will be, well, I'm not sure what the point would be, but if I was right, and the guy did badly, just imagine how smart I'd be.

ahhh, the thoughts I have pre nap.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:58 PM
  #35
Lone Rogue
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Hah My "bias", yes beaker everyone who disagrees with what you say is immediatly biased, I forgot what forum I am in.
You have a bias.

I have a bias.

Everyone has a bias.

Get over yourself.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:06 PM
  #36
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
You have a bias.

I have a bias.

Everyone has a bias.

Get over yourself.
Very well said.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:50 PM
  #37
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,303
vCash: 500
its kind of funny to watch that sergei/lang/kosto line.

you got two skilled players who almost exclusively carry the puck over the blue line, then you have this plugger that likes to dump and chase. It appears that they have found a way to work it though.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
  #38
goldglove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Higgins - Lang - Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos - Lapierre - Laraque

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:18 PM
  #39
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Give me a


G
Give me a

T?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:38 PM
  #40
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
perfect thread to find the last ones to ignore...

so far only one, that has no objectivity and probably doesn't watch the whole game. Then has strong beliefs and opinions about something they know little about.(Hockey!)


HAHAHAHHHA

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:54 PM
  #41
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Give me a

T?
T!


Give me a F!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:03 PM
  #42
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Carbo is playing Kostopoulos on a line with Lang and S Kostsitsyn. As much as I like Kostopoulos, he is a 4th line player. At the same time, Pacioretty did have an awsome training camp, is showing promises and deserves to be in the line up. Until Higgins get better, why isn't Pacioretty playing with Lang and S. Kostsitsyn, it'd give him a preview of what is the NHL and I think he is better suited for our offencive 3rd line than Kostopoulos.
Good point, however from watching the two games thus far, this Kostopoulos line seems to be one of the best going.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:19 PM
  #43
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
Good point, however from watching the two games thus far, this Kostopoulos line seems to be one of the best going.
Don't think for a second that Kostopoulos has anything to do with it, he's been constently dumping the puck in the last 2 games leaving Lang and S.Kost with nothing, our 3rd line will be 3x better when Higgins is back, i don't if there'l be room on the 4th line when Laraque is back and Chipchura closing in on a spot

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:51 PM
  #44
Corey
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,300
vCash: 500
I thought that by now the question had been answered. Roster space. Nothing against Pacioretty, who be a really good one.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:04 PM
  #45
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
T!


Give me a F!
F!


Give me an O!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
You have a bias.

I have a bias.

Everyone has a bias.

Get over yourself.
I think its pretty clear if you think Latendresse had a bad game last night you are either

a) Biased against him
b) Don't know **** about hockey.

I decided to go with the first one..

If you want to say Lats had a rough game in Buffalo, i'd agree with you; he was invisible.... but against the Leafs?? C'mon now... honestly did you watch the game when you came up with the opinion that Lats had a bad night?

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:06 PM
  #46
Rgolt
Registered User
 
Rgolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: montreal, qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I thought that by now the question had been answered. Roster space. Nothing against Pacioretty, who be a really good one.
the whole reason pacioretty was sent down was because they felt he wasnt ready and it would be better for him to develop with the dogs so bringing him up for a few games would defeat the whole purpose and for some odd reason guy feels comfortable with dandenault

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:07 PM
  #47
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think that I'm going to develop an irrational hatred for some players. I don't yet know why I'll hate them, maybe it'll be ethnicity, maybe I'll hate them because other people like them and lord knows I yearn to be a maverick, but hate them I shall.

Then I'll claim that I don't hate them, I'm just being objective. Then whenever they do something well, I'll point out someone who's better, or find a reason why it wasn't said player who is better, just player b who set him up.

My point in all this will be, well, I'm not sure what the point would be, but if I was right, and the guy did badly, just imagine how smart I'd be.

ahhh, the thoughts I have pre nap.
As Always McPhee FTW

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:37 PM
  #48
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
the whole reason pacioretty was sent down was because they felt he wasnt ready and it would be better for him to develop with the dogs so bringing him up for a few games would defeat the whole purpose and for some odd reason guy feels comfortable with dandenault
with dandeneault as the 23rd player who sits in the stands until there is a temperary injury and fills in like he is doing?



So you want dandeneault waived now and bring up pacioretti to play on the 4th line till laraque, or higgins is healthy then set Max pac up with a nice comfortable spot in the press box till the next forward injury? thus possibly losing Dandeneault on the way to hamilton or on a recall?

How is this better?

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:42 PM
  #49
Rgolt
Registered User
 
Rgolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: montreal, qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
with dandeneault as the 23rd player who sits in the stands until there is a temperary injury and fills in like he is doing?



So you want dandeneault waived now and bring up pacioretti to play on the 4th line till laraque, or higgins is healthy then set Max pac up with a nice comfortable spot in the press box till the next forward injury? thus possibly losing Dandeneault on the way to hamilton or on a recall?

How is this better?
when did i say i want pacioretti called up i said how its better for him to stay with the dogs for now and all i was saying with dandenault was that i dont think he should be playing when you have someone like chipchura who could be playing instead......so read it twice be4 trying to diss me

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:47 PM
  #50
Toro
Registered User
 
Toro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
when did i say i want pacioretti called up i said how its better for him to stay with the dogs for now and all i was saying with dandenault was that i dont think he should be playing when you have someone like chipchura who could be playing instead......so read it twice be4 trying to diss me
I read it more than twice I wasn't trying to diss you! Hey i would rather have dandeneault sit instead of chipchura as well. Its the beginning of the season, thats why dandy is playing instead of chips. carbo is giving his vet the chance to prove himself in his replacement role.

Your post led me to believe that you would like to have max pac up permanently not temporarily. to be honest, your post is/was hard to understand.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.