HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #4 - 10.11.08 | 7:00 PM | MSG(HD) - NY Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers

Old
10-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Stepan Razor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
read the other posts at the time. anyone- including you, who thinks colton orr should have been on the ice in the final minute of that game is a clown. plain and simple. and that includes icecoldbbrain.

last time i checked, you dont usually put your WORST hockey player on the ice in the final minutes of a 1 goal game when you are trying to win.
what's the idea in the final minute of a one goal game? to stop the other team from scoring. colton orr is a physical and solid defensive forward - that's why he was out there. you characterized him as the worst hockey player on the ice, and while that may be true if we're considering offensive statistics, i'll take betts and orr out there to stop offense any game.

Stepan Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Kind of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
read the other posts at the time. anyone- including you, who thinks colton orr should have been on the ice in the final minute of that game is a clown. plain and simple. and that includes icecoldbbrain.

last time i checked, you dont usually put your WORST hockey player on the ice in the final minutes of a 1 goal game when you are trying to win.

and as for the vally thing, playing him tonite made sense. vally has owned philly lately and hanks gonna play against martina mon night.

sounds like someone has their panties in a bunch. im thinking tom renney man crush perhaps?
If you read my post, that's not even the point, whether Orr should have been playing or not.

The point is, whether you agree or disagree, Tom Renney is hardly a moron, and saying he is one so casually is in really poor taste and makes you look stupid.

You can consider that if you want and grow up, or you can continue to look stupid.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Garv23

Like it or not, Orr is a solid defensive player and I'm perfectly comfortable with he and Betts out there in those situations.

Happy to survive that Flyer comeback. Great first period, but after the Dubi/Richards fight and non-call on the 2nd goal, Philly really had us on our heels. Awesome PK last night especially on that 5 on 3. To repeat what all the post-game comments said, this was a good character win.

Garv23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:24 PM
xifentoozlerix

The "non-call" 2nd goal was legitimate. It is not interference when a goaltender loses their balance attempting to trip the player cutting through the crease. Watch the replay and take off your red white and blue goggles.

xifentoozlerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:43 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by xifentoozlerix View Post
The "non-call" 2nd goal was legitimate. It is not interference when a goaltender loses their balance attempting to trip the player cutting through the crease. Watch the replay and take off your red white and blue goggles.
Encapsulated within Rule #78 in the NHL Rule Book
An attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper's ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal.

You have just been served...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:56 PM
xifentoozlerix

you missed this:

k. A goalkeeper who deliberately initiates contact with an attacking player other than to establish position in the crease, or who otherwise acts to create the appearance of other than incidental contact with an attacking player, is subject to the assessment of a minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

looks like the only non-call was the one they probably would've missed on steve had gagne not scored

Old
10-12-2008, 04:00 PM
JayMan82

Quote:
you missed this:

k. A goalkeeper who deliberately initiates contact with an attacking player other than to establish position in the crease, or who otherwise acts to create the appearance of other than incidental contact with an attacking player, is subject to the assessment of a minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.

looks like the only non-call was the one they probably would've missed on steve had gagne not scored
I know your used to guys that like to shank players w/ the stick like Hex, Snow and Biron... The normal NHL goalie is more worried about stopping the puck, but you obviously can't see that through your Halloween colored shades.

Just in case you need another look at it:

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=20082009,2,19

I'm done with this convo, it's not even worth going any further...

Old
10-12-2008, 04:09 PM
xifentoozlerix

so vali was trying to stop the puck (which was to his left) by reaching out with his arm and stick towards richards (who was to his right). giannone even says vali was out of position immediately after the goal, and he was because he took himself out of position by trying to initiate contact with richards. you dont reach out with your arm and stick to "establish position".

and what a guy like hextall did in his day has no bearing on the game and it's rules today, no matter how awesome hextall was/is. congrats on the 2 points though...i look forward to the rest of the season series if every game is as exciting as that last period was.

Old
10-12-2008, 04:16 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Very glad they won, I was actually at a hockey tournament in philly this weekend and we were at dinner in the city and I was so scared checking the score updates on my phone, seeing it go from 4-0, to 4-1, to 4-2....

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
so vali was trying to stop the puck (which was to his left) by reaching out with his arm and stick towards richards (who was to his right). giannone even says vali was out of position immediately after the goal, and he was because he took himself out of position by trying to initiate contact with richards. you dont reach out with your arm and stick to "establish position".
Richards went across the crease. I don't know if you know what those are. But that is where the Goalie tries to position themselves, and he was out of position because Richards made contact with him.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:20 PM
JayMan82

Quote:

and what a guy like hextall did in his day has no bearing on the game and it's rules today, no matter how awesome hextall was/is. congrats on the 2 points though...i look forward to the rest of the season series if every game is as exciting as that last period was.
Looks like we have a difference of opinion of what Valiquette's interests were on the play... Regardless, the reason a crease is provided is to establish a domain that the opposing player shouldn't enter (unless against their will). Bottom line is Richards was well in the crease and contact was made with the goaltender. Also, if you had the opportunity to watch further in the replay, the blind Giannone rescinded.

Old
10-12-2008, 04:24 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek fan View Post
If you read my post, that's not even the point, whether Orr should have been playing or not.

The point is, whether you agree or disagree, Tom Renney is hardly a moron, and saying he is one so casually is in really poor taste and makes you look stupid.

You can consider that if you want and grow up, or you can continue to look stupid.
listen. not sure how long youve been watching but last season renney had a love affair with the 4th line. and it cost us.

so, as soon as i saw orr out there it occurred to me that if we get scored upon and tied in the last minute because we have our worst player on the ice, not worst offensive player, worst overall player, it would suk.

moron is a descriptive word that describes my feelings towards renney and his contnued love affair of colt orr as a player who is on the ice at key times of close games. period.

deal with it....um, mrs renney?

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:25 PM
segmentation fault

Quote:
so vali was trying to stop the puck (which was to his left) by reaching out with his arm and stick towards richards (who was to his right).
He was out of position because Richards took him out of position by running into him and taking his stick with him. Now shut up and enjoy your loss thanks.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Blueshirt Fanatic*

4-0! Nice Game Boys!

Blueshirt Fanatic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Do me a favor and Boo for that Broad dropping the puck

Got to Tighten it up tonight, Especially with Vally between the pipes. Lets Go Rangers!
Loved that she got all those boos !

Thanks for that home opener Mr.Snyder

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
Dubi...when I have a daughter...you can do whatever you want with her.

Could this fella be any better right now??

Old
10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBlue View Post
Dubinsky is a maverick!

I loved Dubi's answer when they asked him about Palin. You could tell who he's NOT a fan of

Old
10-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
John Giannone, who's subbing for Mr. Rosen, doesn't sound like a hockey announcer, IMO.

I hope the Rangers won't have too many Saturday games in the future!

BTW, any idea what NFL game Sam's calling?
I thought he did a great job. He's obviously NOT gonna be Sam, but he was right on top of the play, especially the goals. I could see him taking over for Sam when Sam's done. Though, I think Sam will take forever to retire.