HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Sjo Fits!

Old
10-12-2008, 03:18 AM
FromTheSide

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Now it's a fair debate.

If Korpikoski can get sent down (maybe he should) but he has done everything defensively he could. Then Callahan, despite playing hard, hasn't produced either. And should either be bumped down a line, or sat a game. I prefer bumped down a line, because i like him in the lineup every game. I like what he brings. If he could just finish that would be great.

And while we are on that subject, sounds a lot like Prucha. No? Trying hard, but hasn't finished? Prucha gets dumped on but Callahan gets a pass?

Sjostrom, from his performance, should absolutely get a shot on a higher line now.

He single handed scored that goal. And almost potted another one late in the game.

Fritsche deserves a chance.

Prucha - Fritsche - Sjostrom
Callahan - Betts - Korpikoski

Hows that?

Callahan and Kop haven't produced. Bump them down.

Fritsche gets a shot, Sjo gets rewarded a bigger opportunity, and Prucha gets another look with different linemates.
Orr out? call me crazy but orr has playedf his role well no reason to scratch him at least not yet.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 03:31 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Does no one appreciate that Sjo actually is a pretty decent forward. He gets the puck deep, and always makes that one pass to the D on the blue line to set up a play, he's pretty consistent at that instead of just cycling it and eventually losing it.
Sjö is definitly a very solid 4th lineer no doubt about it.

He does however need a very "simple" role and position to play on a 3rd line or higher. He just don't got the hockeysense to process things fast enough wtih the puck. Often when he gets better linemates he just makes things far to difficult for him.

Though, I think people have confused that with him beeing bad as a 4th lineer.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:49 PM
levski87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRanger View Post
Orr out? call me crazy but orr has playedf his role well no reason to scratch him at least not yet.
Agreed. The 4th line has produced 2 out of the 4 goals last night, at least we are getting some scoring from all lines.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:40 PM
hdw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Sjö is definitly a very solid 4th lineer no doubt about it.

He does however need a very "simple" role and position to play on a 3rd line or higher. He just don't got the hockeysense to process things fast enough wtih the puck. Often when he gets better linemates he just makes things far to difficult for him.

Though, I think people have confused that with him beeing bad as a 4th lineer.
That is a very good summing up of Fast Freddie Shoestring.

He excels when he is allowed to use his speed and energizer bunny skating.

But he suffers a bit from the classic "ditzy blonde" syndrome, "she looked very cute, until she opened her mouth"

He is a solid addition to almost every team, as long as he is used correctly.

And at the same time he can be a complete disaster if he's asked to perform in some other role.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote