HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Our bottom forwards

Old
10-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Our bottom forwards

I'M NOT TRYING TO BE PESSIMIST ABOUT THE TEAM IN GENERAL, I'M JUST DISCUSSING SOMETHING WE CAN BE EVEN BETTER AT

Yesterday was really an awesome game to watch with ALOT of high points, i can't imgame how our offense will look like once Higgins plays with Lang and S.Kost and that we get 3 full offensive lines. Being the Devil's advocate, with an 82 games season, we will need a much better support from our 4th line.

I'm sorry but the Bégin-Lappierre-Dandenault line was terrible to watch, they weren't brigning any energy whatsoever, they were below average defensively, barely no hits, all 3 refused to pass the puck yesterday, playing that useless ''dump the puck and chase it game only to be beaten by the defensmen''. Why isn't Chipchura playing when he brings more offense that the 3 put together, It's not like they bring leadership in the locker room or any specific need on the ice. I know that Laraque wil change the line alot, but please Carbo do something, Our 4th line should be able to bring alot since we have 3 offensive lines. Kyle Chipchura has to be part of the team soon and Max Lappierre has to play at wing because it's not working as a center

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Ill be honest.
Begin drew his last straw with me on Firday when he took those 2 stupid penalties at the same time. Who the hell hits with their stick like that?

i cant handle him anymore.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:08 PM
znk

Well...our 4th line was one of our best lines in buffalo(but that might be an indication of the crap play of the fist 2 lines in that game) and they'll be better once Higgins comes back and Kostopoulos moves back to the 4th line. Not even mentioning Chipchura and Laraque.
I dont see an issue yet.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Fire Brunet*

I don't wanna start a political fight or anything, but if Lapierre and Begin weren't from Quebec, they wouldn't be on the team... That's just my opinion.

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek View Post
I don't wanna start a political fight or anything, but if Lapierre and Begin weren't from Quebec, they wouldn't be on the team... That's just my opinion.
You can add Mathieu Dandenault to the mix. It doesn't really matter though because in the end they'l be replaced by another home grown talent, Georges Laraque

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Fire Brunet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You can add Mathieu Dandenault to the mix. It doesn't really matter though because in the end they'l be replaced by another home grown talent, Georges Laraque
Yeah. I have NOTHING against homegrown talent, I think it's great to have players from Quebec and Canada, but when we start giving them preferential treatment because of their origins, it gets tricky...

Old
10-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Corey

4rh line? No likee!

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:43 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Ill be honest.
Begin drew his last straw with me on Firday when he took those 2 stupid penalties at the same time. Who the hell hits with their stick like that?

Totally agree, even though the guy brings lots of heart he doesn't do enough for the team to make up for all the stupid penalties he takes.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 04:46 PM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Hogwash - in my opinion Gainey does not play into that BS.

They're decent for 4th liners. I don't understand the complaints. Although, I'd agree with others that Begin needs to be smarter out there. He sacrifices with his shot-blocking on one hand, then takes stupid selfish penalties on the other. Sure is frustrating...but nationality has nothing to do with it.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Totally agree, even though the guy brings lots of heart he doesn't do enough for the team to make up for all the stupid penalties he takes.
What is hr, the Habs' Ben Eager?

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Ill be honest.

I felt the same way since his penalty in game 4 vs Philly, I forgave him after the Toronto penalty, but costing us the season two years in a row is too much. I don't care how much effort he gives, or how big his heart is, you can't make those kinds of mistakes and still have a spot on the team.

On the bright side Kosto-Chipchura-Laraque is a much better 4th line than Dandy-Lappiere-Begin.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:02 PM
HotPie

Quote:
Yeah. I have NOTHING against homegrown talent, I think it's great to have players from Quebec and Canada, but when we start giving them preferential treatment because of their origins, it gets tricky...
Sorry but I think that's a bunch of BS.

With that said, you have to wonder why guys like Begin and Dandenault are still in the lineup when you have a guy like Chipchura who brings so much more to the game.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
I felt the same way since his penalty in game 5 vs Philly, I forgave him after the Toronto penalty, but costing us the season two years in a row is too much. I don't care how much effort he gives, or how big his heart is, you can't make those kinds of mistakes and still have a spot on the team.

On the bright side Kosto-Chipchura-Laraque is a much better 4th line than Dandy-Lappiere-Begin.
I forgave the TO penalty.
I even some how forgave last years against the Flyers.
But Friday did it for me. 1 penalty ok, but then to go right back and chop at the guys legs for no good reason, just pissed me off.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:08 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Of course

that is why Timmins and Gainey are drafting so many Quebec players in the first round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Sorry but I think that's a bunch of BS.

With that said, you have to wonder why guys like Begin and Dandenault are still in the lineup when you have a guy like Chipchura who brings so much more to the game.
It is called " NHL ONE-WAY CONTRACT".

You can't win with just a bunch of young players. Maltby and Draper are still with the Wings. The older players will be very useful down the road.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-12-2008 at 11:36 PM.
CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:10 PM
VGTvidz

laraque-chipper-kosto would be my line

VGTvidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Will we EVER see

Kosto - Chipchura - BGL ?

I wonder... Carbonneau always seems to go against common sense... however this probably mean that the common sense is wrong...meh... I just want to see that line!

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:14 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I think the same. Begin-Lapierre-Dandenault shouldn't be on this team. Chiphchura deserves a spot much more than them. Lapierre isn't progressing at all, he sucks in every aspect of the game (especially passing the puck...), Begin takes way too many dumb penalities... I remember that he ended our last two seasons with dumb penalities.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:21 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
Will we EVER see

Kosto - Chipchura - BGL ?

I wonder... Carbonneau always seems to go against common sense... however this probably mean that the common sense is wrong...meh... I just want to see that line!

Carbo has no common sense. That is why they finished 1st in their Conference last year, and that Carbo was among the finalists for the Jack Adams...

If you want to complain, just look at Gainey who has given one-way contract to Lapierre, 1 million to Begin, and 1.7 to Dandenault.

Injuries happen over a season, and Chipchura will have plenty of opportunities to play and prove that he really belongs to the NHL.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Fire Brunet*

Chipchura>Lapierre
BGL>Begin
Kosto>Dandeno

Old
10-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Kirk Muller

I wouldn't have a problem if Begin was taking penalties for playing on the edge however his penalties are generally idiotic and inopportune. Fortunately Montreal has 3 lines that can take the bulk of the ice time.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:53 PM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Dandenault has actually been OK so far, shockingly. He is using his speed and playing well. Wait until he starts stinking before you flame him; I'm sure you will have plenty of chances.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:55 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Of course

that is why Timmins and Gainey are drafting so many Quebec players in the first round...
Yeah, that's why the whole NHL is drafting so many quebec born and QMJHL trained players in the first round.

Get your facts straight. No one is doing it because recently Quebec and the QMJHL has not produced very much first round talent.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:55 PM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Carbo has no common sense. That is why they finished 1st in their Conference last year, and that Carbo was among the finalists for the Jack Adams...

If you want to complain, just look at Gainey who has given one-way contract to Lapierre, 1 million to Begin, and 1.7 to Dandenault.

Injuries happen over a season, and Chipchura will have plenty of opportunities to play and prove that he really belongs to the NHL.
Well he gave them those contracts when they looked better and the team needed them more. It is not Gainey's fault that it is harder to make the team now. Well I guess it is, but he would have had to be a massive egotist to see it coming.

dcyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:56 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Chipchura>Lapierre
BGL>Begin
Kosto>Dandeno
Count one: Quadruple check.
Count two: Triple check.
Count three: double check.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 05:57 PM
redmachine54

I have no gripes with Lapierre being in the line-up; I just wish he'd pass the puck a little more. He isn't Marian Hossa, so when he's coming down the left side on a two-on-one, he shouldn't expect to hit the top-right corner of the net with ease.

Bégin is all right in small doses. Once Laraque is healthy, I'd like to see Bégin's ice-time diminished.

Chipchura should get a shot a la Lapierre - Chipchura - Laraque. Once Bouillon returns, I'm guessing Chips will be the odd man out, but he should be playing. He's not learning anything from the pressbox, and we're not benefiting from sitting him and playing Dandenault.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote