HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Komisarek

Old
10-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Not overpaid... its called market value when everyone makes it....

Erik Brewer 4.25
Shea Weber 4.5

Thats what these type of players are getting paid.... I'm fine with 5 million for Komi.

Look at what Streit got...

I realize Streit puts up more points than Komi and people are paid based on points...

But Komi is gonna do more to win you hockey games than Streit will.... I think that should be a measure of their value.
Do you seriously think Shea Weber and Komisarek are worth about the same? Volchenkov signed a contract just before 06/07, I think and gets paid $2.5 million. per that rate, $5 million is overpaying unless you think he took a paycut.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
Do you seriously think Shea Weber and Komisarek are worth about the same? Volchenkov signed a contract just before 06/07, I think and gets paid $2.5 million. per that rate, $5 million is overpaying unless you think he took a paycut.
Volchenkov's contract may be considered one of the biggest bargains in the league. If he was UFA this summer, we'd be saying he could draw $5M too.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11_THEBEST! View Post
Volchenkov's contract is one of the best in the league... he should be getting way more.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote