HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008-2009 Hartford Wolf Pack Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2008, 05:24 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Thanx Squishy
Looks very interesting

And "The Joe Barnes Experiment" seems to have ended as I do not find him in either Charlotte or Hartford

Where art thou Mr Barnes?

Old
10-11-2008, 08:22 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Thanx Squishy
Looks very interesting

And "The Joe Barnes Experiment" seems to have ended as I do not find him in either Charlotte or Hartford

Where art thou Mr Barnes?

Out with a concussion from Traverse City.

Old
10-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/
You guys are going to love Suggie. He had a drinking problem a while ago and is on a mission to play one NHL game for his dad who is dying. He threw a stick and it hit a woman and he never intended for it to happen he made a mistake and openly admits it. Give the guy a chance and he is a bad ass dude. I will not gloat about saying we needed a thug cause i see hockey as a sport with contact and toughness while others just see it as moving past that and hockey no longer needing enforcers

Old
10-11-2008, 02:48 PM
squishy

The Pack have redesigned their web site.

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/

Old
10-11-2008, 06:03 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
http://blog.syracuse.com/crunch/
You guys are going to love Suggie. He had a drinking problem a while ago and is on a mission to play one NHL game for his dad who is dying. He threw a stick and it hit a woman and he never intended for it to happen he made a mistake and openly admits it. Give the guy a chance and he is a bad ass dude. I will not gloat about saying we needed a thug cause i see hockey as a sport with contact and toughness while others just see it as moving past that and hockey no longer needing enforcers
The Rangers would have to sign Sugden as well for him to play in the NHL. His only hope with us would be if Orr got hurt and the Rangers felt the need to replace him. He doesn't seem to have a lot of talent judging by his numbers.

Old
10-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Very disappointing loss as the team blew the quick 3-0 lead they had and ended up losing 4-3. Too many penalties and some spotty play cost the team.

Byers/Moore/Jessiman
Parenteau/Anisimov/Dupont
Jamtin/Pyatt/Weise
Owens/Ouellette/Soryal

Sangs/Potter
Fahey/Denisov
Murray/Dowzak

I think that's about right. Not sure if I got the winger spots right but you get the picture. Some good fights from Owens, Ouellette, and Murray though. Entertaining game, tough outcome to swallow.

Last edited by Jarkko Immonen: 10-12-2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: I just noticed I had a brain fart and put Graham instead of Dowzak. D'oh.
Old
10-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Mistress Mandy

Yeah, the team looked better in the first period.

Then I don't know what happened, because their play went to hell in a handbasket after that.

Old
10-12-2008, 02:38 AM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The Rangers would have to sign Sugden as well for him to play in the NHL. His only hope with us would be if Orr got hurt and the Rangers felt the need to replace him. He doesn't seem to have a lot of talent judging by his numbers.
he will not make it to the NHL. he is really not a skilled guy at all.

Old
10-12-2008, 11:25 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
he will not make it to the NHL. he is really not a skilled guy at all.

So he is a goon

You'll be happy then

Old
10-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Dagoon44

are you stupid or do yo just play a stupid person on a message board? Guys the AHL is by far one of the most physical leagues in the world and almost every team dresses one if not 2 guys that are goons. 3-5 guys that fight and why with all the talent we have right now would u want them not protected?

Old
10-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

It wasn't a problem last night. Guillaume Lefebvre wouldn't drop the gloves when Soryal challenged him.

Old
10-12-2008, 03:01 PM
squishy

Game 1: Springfield Falcons 4 @ Hartford Wolf Pack 3

Wolf Pack Drop Home Opener to Rival Falcons
The Hartford Wolf Pack got their 2008-2009 season off to a roaring start with a dominating first period performance over their division rivals from Springfield, piling up three goals to take a 3-0 lead to the dressing room at the end of twenty minutes. But they let their early success go to their heads and returned to play a sloppy second period in which they allowed the Falcons to knot the score with three unanswered goals of their own. In the final frame a 4-on-4 goal by Ryan Potulny and a strong performance by goaltender Devan Dubnyk were all the Falcons needed to send the opening night Hartford crowd home disappointed.

The Wolf Pack started off quickly, scoring on their first shot of the game at 1:05 of the first period when Artem Anisimov carried the puck into the Springfield zone, dished it to Brodie Dupont on the left wing boards and continued driving to the net, drawing two Springfield players with him. That allowed defenseman Vladimir Denisov, who started his North American pro career in the Colorado Avalanche system last season, to sneak in from the point undetected and fire a feed from Dupont past Dubnyk. Consecutive interference penalties by Andreas Jamtin at 1:55 and Mike Ouellette at 2:27 gave the visitors a full 1:28 of 5-on-3 power play time, but the Pack executed the penalty kill perfectly, limiting the Falcons to just a single shot.

The first of three first period fights took place between Dover, Massachusetts native Chris Murray, who was the subject of this Hartford Courant story on Friday, and Hans Benson, who issued the challenge in response to a big hit thrown by Murray. Murry got the upper hand in the fight, but Benson got the extra minor for starting it, and Dane Byers made him pay for it with a perfect deflection of rookie Bobby Sanguinetti's shot from the left point to give Hartford the 2-0 lead halfway through the period.

The game's second fight came just thirty six seconds later when Ouellette and Sebastian Bisaillion -- neither of whom will ever been mistaken for fighters -- wrestled briefly in the neutral zone. The third and final fight of the game came 15:44 of the period, after both teams had traded unsuccessful power play opportunities. Scrappy 2nd-year winger Jordan Owens answered Falcon pest Theo Peckham's call and the two traded some nice shots in an evenly-matched bout.

Center Tom Pyatt, who split last season between the Wolf Pack and Charlotte Checkers of the ECHL, sent a strong message that he intends to stick in Hartford this season when he blocked a Springfield shot with under a minute to go in the period, chased down the rebound, and blazed down the right wing boards, cutting in across the front of the net and beating Dubnyk on the far side to give the Pack the commanding three goal lead. When the horn sounded to mark the end of the frame, the Pack had outshot the Falcons 17 to 4 and it looked like last season's dominance of the Falcons -- they won all but one of 10 head-to-head games with the Springfield last season -- would continue.

But the players might as well have swapped jerseys during the intermission and come out playing for the opposite team in the second because the Falcon's domination of the Pack in the period was nearly as complete as the home team's had been of them in the first. An early period interference penalty by Denisov lead to a Springfield power play goal at 1:28 and a series of lazy penalties and general lack of mental sharpness kept the Pack on their heels throughout the period. At 7:42 the still-unsigned Tysen Dowzak lost track of the Falcon's Ryan Potulny, who was allowed to take three swats at the puck from the crease before he put it past Hartford goaltender Miika Wiikman. Wiikman didn't look particularly sharp after missing the Pack's entire pre-season while accompanying the parent New York Ranger to the Czech Republic to open the NHL season. He stopped just 18 of 22 Springfield shots in the game.

The final goal of the period came with just 1:02 to go on a highlight reel effort by new Falcon center Gilbert Brule, who deked his way past 2008 Calder Cup champion Brian Fahey and beat Wiikman with a pretty backhander. The teams left the ice with the score knotted at three and the Falcons with a 16-8 shot advantage on the period.

The Pack played a better third period, outshooting the Falcons 12-2, but Potulny got his second of the game halfway through the period during a 4-on-4 after Bryan Young was awarded a Diving penalty to match Owen's Interference call. The Pack had two power play opportunities in the final half of the period -- the absence of last season's captain Andrew Hutchinson on the point was obvious -- but Dubnyk shut the door to earn his team the 4-3 come-from-behind victory.

For more on the game, see Bob Crawford's recap at the brand new Wolf Pack web site, John Altavilla's story in the Hartford Courant, or Mitch Beck's take at Howlings. See the game summary for all the pertinent stats. The Pack are back in action today when they host the rival Bridgeport Sound Tigers at 4pm.

Pack Scoring:
1. HFD Denisov (1) (Dupont, Anisimov) 1:06
1. HFD Byers (1) (Sanguinetti, Moore) 9:58 (PP)
1. HFD Pyatt (1) 19:15

Lines:
Byers - Moore - Jessiman
Dupont - Anismov - Parenteau
Jamtin - Pyatt - Weise
Owens- Ouellette - Soryal

Potter - Sanguinetti
Fahey - Denisov
Murray - Dowzak

Wiikman / Zaba

Three Stars:
1. Ryan Potulny
2. Devan Dubnyk
3. Gilbert Brule

Source: http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...rival-falcons/

Sorry this so late, had a Rangers game to watch and Omsk game to wrap up after we got back from the Pack game last night. For the record, I won't be taking the time to add the in-line links here at HF (i.e. the Courant Story on Murray, Bob Crawford's recap, etc), but will provide a link to the version on my blog with each post so if you're interested you can get them there.

Last edited by squishy: 10-12-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old
10-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Nice to see Pyatt had a good game.

Old
10-12-2008, 03:26 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Yeah Pyatt's goal was real impressive.

Old
10-12-2008, 04:01 PM
squishy

Keep in mind that it's one game, so no real conclusions can be drawn about anyone, but here are some general impressions:

- Pyatt was hands down the most improved player on the ice for the Pack.

- Despite his 2 minor penalties, I liked what I saw of Denisov. He's physial, which I expected, but jumped in offensively more than I expected. He was practicing one-timers with Anisimov at the end of warmups and every one was right on the money.

- I also thought Murray was solid, as was Potter but that was to be expected.

- Fahey lead the team with 8 shots, but got totally undressed by Broule for the tying goal.

- In general the rookies looked like they were playing in their first pro games. None of them really stood out.

- Dowzak got caught standing around looking lost on the second Springfield goal. He's out for Ethan Graham in today's game against Bridgeport.

- Jake Taylor, now playing for Springfield, and Jessiman got into a shoving match in the 2nd, but nothing came of it.

- Jessiman looked good along the boards in the offensive zone. Anisimov, not so much, despite the added weight. He was still getting out-muscled for the puck.

Old
10-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Dagoon44

squishy great recap and thanks

Old
10-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Ola

I am not afraid of HFD getting run over in the AHL. They are tough enough to handle themselfs.

Though previous years I think it have been a asset for the kids to not only be able to handle themselfs, but to be the team that runs over the other team. Like when they had Grenier, Purinton, Lessard and co. That certainly helped install a element of cockyness in guys like Callahan, Dubinsky and co.

Old
10-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Pack take the shootout and the game 2-1.

Old
10-12-2008, 06:31 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Pack take the shootout and the game 2-1.
Hmmm... You either drove home from the game as super-sonic speed, or didn't go.

Old
10-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

I didn't go. Haha. I just kept hitting refresh on theahl.com because it was apparently ahead of the online radio broadcast.

Old
10-12-2008, 07:34 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
are you stupid or do yo just play a stupid person on a message board? Guys the AHL is by far one of the most physical leagues in the world and almost every team dresses one if not 2 guys that are goons. 3-5 guys that fight and why with all the talent we have right now would u want them not protected?

Am i stupid?

haha this coming from the guy who's posts are routinely laughed at for talking **** and being so far off base most of the time that you are probably on most peoples ignore list.

As for opinions on Hartford i will go with what Squishy has to say and go from there.

Old
10-12-2008, 08:57 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Am i stupid?

haha this coming from the guy who's posts are routinely laughed at for talking **** and being so far off base most of the time that you are probably on most peoples ignore list.

As for opinions on Hartford i will go with what Squishy has to say and go from there.
I am so off base that the day after my post the Ranger sign a legit top five fighter in the Ahl? I am the guy that said Orr was a great fighter and would serve a big role on the team while you pansy A$$es cried for him to be cut. Do i even have to say how much i was in favor of the Varos signing? People wanted to waive him already.Yea i am way off lol

Last edited by Dagoon44: 10-12-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old
10-12-2008, 09:08 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
I am so off base that the day after my post the Ranger sign a legit top five fighter in the Ahl? I am the guy that said Orr was a great fighter and would serve a big role on the team while you pansy A$$es cried for him to be cut. Do i evenavor have to say how much i was in favor of the Varos signing? People wanted to waive him already.Yea i am way off lol

Well done you

Old
10-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

You were way off base in saying that the team isn't tough. Everyone could see that they were lacking a goon.

Old
10-12-2008, 10:02 PM
squishy

Game 2: Bridgeport Sound Tigers 1 @ Hartford Wolf Pack 2 (SO)

Wolf Pack Earn Their First Win in a Shootout
Artem Anisimov and Brodie Dupont each scored in the shootout and added assists on Corey Potter’s first period goal to help the Hartford Wolf Pack earn their first win of the season, defeating the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 2-1 in a shootout in Hartford on Sunday.

The Pack took the only lead of the game at 7:35 of the first period when Anismov won a faceoff deep in the Bridgeport zone and Dupont fed Potter at the center point, where he floated a wrister that found its way through a tangle of bodies past Bridgeport rookie goaltender Peter Mannino.

Just under five minutes later, with rookie Bobby Sanguinetti in the penalty box, Bridgeport defenseman Andy McDonald let loose with a bomb of a shot from the same area, beating Miika Wiikman on the stick side to tie the game at one.

If there’s one area where coach Ken Gernander is likely to look for his team to improve upon against the Bulldogs in Hamilton on Friday, it’ll be the number of penalties they’ve taken through their first two games of the season. After giving Springfield eight power play opportunities on Saturday, they allowed Bridgeport six tries with the man advantage on Sunday, while earning only three of their own. In both games the Pack limited their opponent to one power play goal, thanks in large part to the penalty killing efforst of Tom Pyatt, who played another impressive game, and Jordan Owens, who earned himself time on the top line with Anisimov and P.A. Parenteau in the third period with his strong play at both ends of the ice.

Once again the Wolf Pack held a significant advantage in shots on goal, outshooting the Sound Tigers by a margin of 36 to 20. Mannino, playing his first professional game, acquitted himself well, fending off numerous quality scoring opportunities, especially in the third when the Pack outshot the tired Bridgeport team, who were playing their 3rd game in 3 days, by 14-3. At the other end of the ice, Wiikman didn’t allow himself to lose focus during long stretches with little action, and was able to come up with big saves late in the third and again in overtime to keep the score knotted at one.

In the shootout, Wiikman stopped four of five Bridgeport shooters. On Hartford’s side, Greg Moore and Dale Weise were stopped by Mannino, but Dupont was able to tuck the puck up just under the cross bar. Ansimov got the shootout-deciding goal by deking Mannino and lifting a backhand over the sprawling goaltender.

Pack Scoring:
1. Potter (1) (Dupont, Anisimov) 7:35

Shootout Scoring:
Greg Moore (No Goal)
Brodie Dupont (Goal)
Dale Weise (No Goal)
Artem Anisimov (Goal)

Lines:
Dupont - Anismov - Parenteau
Byers - Moore - Jessiman
Jamtin - Pyatt - Weise
Owens- Ouellette - Soryal

Potter - Sanguinetti
Fahey - Denisov
Murray - Graham

Wiikman / Zaba

Three Stars:
1. Artem Anisimov
2. Jordan Owens
3. Peter Mannino

http://www.beyondtheblueshirts.com/2...arn-first-win/

Last edited by squishy: 10-13-2008 at 07:17 AM.
Closed Thread