HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why isn't Pacioretty filling in for Higgins ?

Old
10-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Rgolt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro View Post
I read it more than twice I wasn't trying to diss you! Hey i would rather have dandeneault sit instead of chipchura as well.
lol.....i just read it in an angry tone but point is chips should be playing with the big club

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 11:04 PM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Why isn't Chipchura playing instead of Begin or Dandenault is the real question.
Agreed. Why didn't Begin sit out after that bone-headed shift late vs. Buffalo?

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think that I'm going to develop an irrational hatred for some players. I don't yet know why I'll hate them, maybe it'll be ethnicity, maybe I'll hate them because other people like them and lord knows I yearn to be a maverick, but hate them I shall.

Then I'll claim that I don't hate them, I'm just being objective. Then whenever they do something well, I'll point out someone who's better, or find a reason why it wasn't said player who is better, just player b who set him up.

My point in all this will be, well, I'm not sure what the point would be, but if I was right, and the guy did badly, just imagine how smart I'd be.

ahhh, the thoughts I have pre nap.

True.

There will always be people to find **** to crap on.

I have an uncle that's just like that.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:08 AM
Hudson Boy

If the top two lines can do what they do, who we have on 3&4 won't matter much. Is there any reason to be hasty?

Hudson Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:12 AM
FF de Mars

If we're gonna talk about Lats on this thread, i'll make my rant : I can't wait until Bégin is waved. He is a weight that all his teammates have to carry everytime he gets one of those "out of nowhere" penalties; everytime he's on the ice I'm afraid he'll get a penalty.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 01:10 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Great way to talk about one of the few warriors on your team. I prefer an agressive guy that will take those penalities than a softy that always play it safe.

Old
10-13-2008, 04:30 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Great way to talk about one of the few warriors on your team. I prefer an agressive guy that will take those penalities than a softy that always play it safe.
We already have Laraque, Lapierre, Kostopoulos as 4th line warriors. They all are better than Begin.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
There's a time to be aggresive and there is a time to avoid bad penalties....

Begin doesn't get that yet.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Carbo is playing Kostopoulos on a line with Lang and S Kostsitsyn. As much as I like Kostopoulos, he is a 4th line player. At the same time, Pacioretty did have an awsome training camp, is showing promises and deserves to be in the line up. Until Higgins get better, why isn't Pacioretty playing with Lang and S. Kostsitsyn, it'd give him a preview of what is the NHL and I think he is better suited for our offencive 3rd line than Kostopoulos.
If Higgins was out 2 months I could see calling up MaxPac but it's day to day. I'd rather have him get comfortable AHL and have a great year there. I think if a top 9 forward goes down for an extended period(1 month or more) you'll see Max or D'angostini back up.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
If we're gonna talk about Lats on this thread, i'll make my rant : I can't wait until Bégin is waved. He is a weight that all his teammates have to carry everytime he gets one of those "out of nowhere" penalties; everytime he's on the ice I'm afraid he'll get a penalty.
begin has what every coach wants....HEART he is a type of guy that will give his all on every shift he may not have a lot of talent and i 100% agree that he is not a top player on this team however he is a leader and a player who will give everything he has to stay with the habs

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:57 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
We already have Laraque, Lapierre, Kostopoulos as 4th line warriors. They all are better than Begin.
Eh, no.

Begin is the hitter, Lapierre is the pest, Laraque is the fighter. Their different.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglove View Post
Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Latendresse
Higgins - Lang - Kostitsyn
Kostopoulos - Lapierre - Laraque
I think that's our A lineup.

Lats makes the Koivu line better than Higgins would because he finishes better and creates room for Saku down low. Higgins gives lang 2 guys with good speed to offset his slow feet and both can set him up. that setup gives you 3 more balanced lines.

Old
10-14-2008, 07:18 AM
mcphee

Quote:

True.

There will always be people to find **** to crap on.

I have an uncle that's just like that.
I have one Uncle left and he's like that. I am an Uncle and I'm not like that. I'm a fantastic Uncle.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Why isn't Chipchura playing instead of Begin or Dandenault is the real question.

I was asking myself the same thing.
The "cliché" would say that Carbo/Gainey are showing Dandenault (and by extension Kostopoulos) to the rest of the league. But "clichés" are often wrong.

I think every GM knows what these guys are able/not able to do on the ice. I really think its a matter of selling the team concept to 100% of your players. Unfortunately for Chipchura, he has to be sold to it anyways due to his young age.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:41 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Charles View Post
I was asking myself the same thing.
The "cliché" would say that Carbo/Gainey are showing Dandenault (and by extension Kostopoulos) to the rest of the league. But "clichés" are often wrong.

I think every GM knows what these guys are able/not able to do on the ice. I really think its a matter of selling the team concept to 100% of your players. Unfortunately for Chipchura, he has to be sold to it anyways due to his young age.
I don't believe that players like Dandenault or TK need to be displayed. If a scout doesn't know exactly what they are and aren't, he's not much of a scout.

Old
10-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
I don't believe that players like Dandenault or TK need to be displayed. If a scout doesn't know exactly what they are and aren't, he's not much of a scout.
A team may want their scout to see them to see how they are playing right now. If you are thinking of trading for Kosto you need to see him play physical and with energy. If he is not maybe he's hurt or lost the desire to do it.

Old
10-14-2008, 09:57 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:
I have one Uncle left and he's like that. I am an Uncle and I'm not like that. I'm a fantastic Uncle.
Are you a pull-my-finger type of uncle? That's what I strive for.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 01:25 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
Are you a pull-my-finger type of uncle? That's what I strive for.
I'm worse than that. I have this innate ability of knowing what parents hate, then leading kids down that path.

Old
10-14-2008, 04:17 PM
AD

Quote:
Umm Mike.. I paid you 15Gs to get rid of Artie and I just saw him post.. I'm gonna want my money back or else its your ass on the line next time. Capiche!

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 04:23 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Umm Mike.. I paid you 15Gs to get rid of Artie and I just saw him post.. I'm gonna want my money back or else its your ass on the line next time. Capiche!
You didn't tell me to cancel his account. How do you know it's Artie ? It could be that guy with no vowels in his name ?

Old
10-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
I'm worse than that. I have this innate ability of knowing what parents hate, then leading kids down that path.
I am the same type of Uncle. And my sister hates me for it.