HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos and D Pairs Need to be Changed

Old
10-12-2008, 11:39 PM
Robert
Foligno family

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
It definitely pissed me off that no one stuck up for Novotny. It pisses me off every year those things go unanswered.
You mean the inept refs? That was an elbow to the head AND boarding at the same time but the refs missed that one so it was a legal. As for sticking up, the Jackets did but it was a delayed type thing. If I recall there nothing but scums after that...., which is exactly why refs have to be on the ball. If they don't do their job the players will do it for them-risking injury to some of the most talented hockey players in the world. That's not right imo...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:41 AM
futurcorerock

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 03:14 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

My roster:

Nash - Umberger - Voráček
Modin - Brassard - Huselius
Chimera - Murray - Boll
Picard - Novotný - Dorsett

Tjutin, Klesla
Russell, Commodore
Tollefsen, Hejda

Leclaire

And Voráćek with Brassard should play about 17 minutes and Picard with Boll should get bigger ice-time.

Last edited by mt-svk: 10-13-2008 at 05:54 AM. Reason: change
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:07 AM
Jeffrey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
For giggles: Let's say Mirasty was on the bench. After Doan leveled Novotny, Mirasty was immediately put on the ice for the "second" time in the game. Doan stayed out there. Mirasty beats the tar out of Doan. Mirasty is on the scoresheet with 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting, a 10 minute misconduct and a game misconduct. He won the fight, was fun to watch, a true heavyweight.

The score would still have been 3-1.....maybe 4-1. Get what I'm saying?

There are other players that need to assist. Players that can play the game, contribute in the scoring department and help their teammates when needed.
I know this is gonna make me look dumb...but can someone explain to me the whole instigater penalty? Doesn't every fight have a instigater? I mean I understand you've got some fights where people are pretty much jumped (EX Foote and Tootoo or Brashear & Bogosian). But doesn't every fight have to have a instigater?

Jeffrey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 06:35 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

That's why you see so many fights right after a face-off. The two participants agree to fight before the puck is dropped, then they drop the gloves at the same time.

As long as a player gives the opponent a heads up, and they both drop the gloves, then no instigator.

If a player jumps a guy without warning, then he should get the instigator penalty.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 07:10 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
For giggles: Let's say Mirasty was on the bench. After Doan leveled Novotny, Mirasty was immediately put on the ice for the "second" time in the game. Doan stayed out there. Mirasty beats the tar out of Doan. Mirasty is on the scoresheet with 2 for instigating, 5 for fighting, a 10 minute misconduct and a game misconduct. He won the fight, was fun to watch, a true heavyweight.

There are other players that need to assist. Players that can play the game, contribute in the scoring department and help their teammates when needed.
For giggles, lets so your scenario happens......maybe the next person thinking about doing that to one of our players....thinks twice about it. The score would still have been 3-1....maybe 4-1. Get what im saying?

Or for giggles, lets say Mirasty isnt on the bench and Doan levels Novotny and nothing happens to Doan (sounds familiar). Then he goes to the bench, "hey guys, beat the ***** out of them, no ones going to do anything" and then someone comes out and throws an elbow to Jake or Brass. Get what im saying?

Ok, so lets look at our lineup....in bold are those who may actually go after someone for a cheap shot.

Chimera - Murray - Boll

Tjutin, Klesla
Russell, Commodore
Tollefsen, Hejda

Outside of Boll and Dorsett....none are fighters, and the others are not players we want sitting in the box for 5 minutes, or out 6-8 weeks taking on someone they shouldnt, like Torres.

Skill means nothing when youre knocked on your a$$ or out of the lineup with a concussion.

Im not pissed that we lost the 2nd game of the season, im pissed at how we lost it....like a bunch of pansies...scrums at the end mean nothing, someone on Phoenix needed their a$$ beat, too bad no one on our team was willing to do it.

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
For giggles, lets so your scenario happens......maybe the next person thinking about doing that to one of our players....thinks twice about it. The score would still have been 3-1....maybe 4-1. Get what im saying?

Or for giggles, lets say Mirasty isnt on the bench and Doan levels Novotny and nothing happens to Doan (sounds familiar). Then he goes to the bench, "hey guys, beat the ***** out of them, no ones going to do anything" and then someone comes out and throws an elbow to Jake or Brass. Get what im saying?

Ok, so lets look at our lineup....in bold are those who may actually go after someone for a cheap shot.

Chimera - Murray - Boll

Tjutin, Klesla
Russell, Commodore
Tollefsen, Hejda

Outside of Boll and Dorsett....none are fighters, and the others are not players we want sitting in the box for 5 minutes, or out 6-8 weeks taking on someone they shouldnt, like Torres.

Skill means nothing when youre knocked on your a$$ or out of the lineup with a concussion.

Im not pissed that we lost the 2nd game of the season, im pissed at how we lost it....like a bunch of pansies...scrums at the end mean nothing, someone on Phoenix needed their a$$ beat, too bad no one on our team was willing to do it.
Not for nothing but Chimera and Picard should also be bolded. Be fair if you are going to make the statement give credit where it is due.

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 07:50 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Doan is not a heavyweight, just another cheapshot punk. Any of those in bold would be more than a match for him. That said, pick your spots. The CBJ plays the 'Yotes again. The time and game situation were not right on Saturday, but I doubt it will be forgotten.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Doan is not a heavyweight, just another cheapshot punk. Any of those in bold would be more than a match for him. That said, pick your spots. The CBJ plays the 'Yotes again. The time and game situation were not right on Saturday, but I doubt it will be forgotten.
Ironically I would have thought that to be the best spot to pick. Down in the third with the game on the line and your team needing something to get the blood flowing because they are flat.....sounds like the best time to rally the troops with a inspired beat down to stick up for a teammate.

Old
10-13-2008, 08:15 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
The spot was that night...you dont let that go unchecked, otherwise teams take notice.

Old
10-13-2008, 08:30 AM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
My problems with the current top line, and issues surrounding them:

The problem with that, thus far, is Nash seems to always be the one with the puck. That's how he operates in the offensive zone. Rimer praised him for trying to do it all all night long; but, when Nash has the puck, he's rarely thinking "pass," which tends to make his linemates extraneous, thereby allowing the defense to key on him. It's been my complaint for a while now, but he needs to utilize his linemates better. Huselius and Umberger look better when they're making plays together, and not skating around watching Nash bull through the entire team to get a scoring chance.
I had the exact same observation. Nash is trying to do to much which I think sends a no confidence mesage to his line mates.

Right now my favorite line is the goat line. Those three need to stick together. They are functioning as a unit, feeding off of each other and generating most of the points. I think the top line can learn something from them when it comes to teamwork.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 08:32 AM
BluejacketNut

I like the goat lines production, but my concern has been having them both on the same line...not from a responsibility standpoint, but a points stand point. Modin isnt going to be putting up many points with Novotny and Murry, i'd rather see Brass setting up Nash and Juice, and Jake setting up Modin and RJ

Old
10-13-2008, 09:04 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I like the goat lines production, but my concern has been having them both on the same line...not from a responsibility standpoint, but a points stand point. Modin isnt going to be putting up many points with Novotny and Murry, i'd rather see Brass setting up Nash and Juice, and Jake setting up Modin and RJ
On this I can agree with you, and I'm pretty sure that's what HCH hopes will eventually happen. Brass played some with Nash and Juice, Saturday, but I expect to see more of it in the next few games. Jake with Modin and RJ seems like a natural, as well. I'll be surprised if the "Goat" line is still intact in two weeks. I know that won't satisfy some who wanted it from the beginning, but I think that Hitch will take more time getting there than those folks will like.

Right now, we're 1 - 1. Get a point or better on Tuesday and the roadtrip will be successful. Look bad losing and some of us will be ready for sackcloth and ashes. I just think it's unrealistic to expect a young team with so many newcomers and missing three experienced regulars to come out of the shute like a polished machine. If we can stay close while settling in during the first month, I think this bunch can do some damage after the return of Peca, Malholtra, and Torres. But, then agin, I tend to be an optimist!

Old
10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Two games in... two games in... two games in... two games in...

Old
10-13-2008, 09:34 AM
JayGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Two games in... two games in... two games in... two games in...
..but......but....we lost a game !! I was under the impression we would win all 82.

JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:44 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

And they weren't just any games, they were crucial games!

Old
10-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
And they weren't just any games, they were crucial games!
LMFAO I actually heard Rimer's voice when I read that.

Old
10-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
LOL...are you calling Tollefsen a non-fighter? And Commodore? According to dropyourgloves.com OKT is a light heavyweight fighter, Commodore is a heavyweight too. So we got more than two fighters on the team..

Quote:
Well let's see..
Why didn't Dorsett do it? Because he already had one fight in that game.
Why didn't Boll do it? Because he's worried about his hand, it was sore after his fight in Dallas.
Why didn't Tollefsen do it? Because he's yelling from the press box, that's all he can do, but it doesn't help much.
Why didn't Commodore do it? Well he's the biggest guy on the team, but the only thing on his mind these days is making his play look good. Had a couple of nice hits though, I'll give him credit for that.

So how do we solve the problem if we don't want to look like a team of girls. First of all play OKT, then if the other fighters don't answer the bell when they should Hitch has to call up Sestito or Mirasty to level things up. Isn't that why he played Mirasty against the Predators? Yes it was, Hitch knows our physical presence is low...but it looks like that's not important to him

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
LOL...are you calling Tollefsen a non-fighter? And Commodore? According to dropyourgloves.com OKT is a light heavyweight fighter, Commodore is a heavyweight too. So we got more than two fighters on the team..

Well let's see..
Why didn't Boll do it? Because he's worried about his hand, it was sore after his fight in Dallas.
Why didn't Tollefsen do it? Because he's yelling from the press box, that's all he can do, but it doesn't help much.
Why didn't Commodore do it? Well he's the biggest guy on the team, but the only thing on his mind these days is making his play look good. Had a couple of nice hits though, I'll give him credit for that.

So how do we solve the problem if we don't want to look like a team of girls. First of all play OKT, then if the other fighters don't answer the bell when they should Hitch has to call up Sestito or Mirasty to level things up. Isn't that why he played Mirasty against the Predators? Yes it was, Hitch knows our physical presence is low...but it looks like that's not important to him
Obviously the Jackets don't have enough fighters on the team. Has the window closed on trading excess baggage like girly-man Brassard and skirt-boys like Hejda and Chimera? It's an embarrassment.

Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:24 PM
Merlin401

Quote:

So you lose by 3 goals instead of 2, whats the difference. It only takes once or twice to send a message. Here's an example: Look at the whole Brashear-Bogosian debate. Bogosian went for a unnecessary hit on a Caps player at the end of a win. Brashear went over and beat on him. Now everyone looks at that team and says, "you know what, I'll play hard but maybe I just wont go out of my way to do anything crazy tonight because I dont want Brashear to beat on me late in the third". Thats how intimidation works. Teams like Minnesota and the Rangers still get hits but for the most part guys like Orr and Boogaard have sent a message of "we can hurt you if you begin to be a problem" which keeps most of the nonsense from happening. One well timed KO or beating will do that!

Of course there's always a ******* like Tootoo who doesn't care but have a deterrent can help a lot with a team.

Merlin401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:42 PM
JayGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin401 View Post
So you lose by 3 goals instead of 2, whats the difference. It only takes once or twice to send a message. Here's an example: Look at the whole Brashear-Bogosian debate. Bogosian went for a unnecessary hit on a Caps player at the end of a win. Brashear went over and beat on him. Now everyone looks at that team and says, "you know what, I'll play hard but maybe I just wont go out of my way to do anything crazy tonight because I dont want Brashear to beat on me late in the third". Thats how intimidation works. Teams like Minnesota and the Rangers still get hits but for the most part guys like Orr and Boogaard have sent a message of "we can hurt you if you begin to be a problem" which keeps most of the nonsense from happening. One well timed KO or beating will do that!

Of course there's always a ******* like Tootoo who doesn't care but have a deterrent can help a lot with a team.
You don't actually believe that Doan is going to oblige Mirasty in a fight do you? Do you really believe that Mirasty fighting with Fedoruk is going to affect how Shane Doan plays?

JayGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:44 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post

Well let's see..

As I stated with the rest of the comment you didnt quote "and the others are not players we want sitting in the box for 5 minutes, or out 6-8 weeks taking on someone they shouldnt, like Torres. "

Old
10-13-2008, 12:50 PM
coyote

Modin

Why doesn't he get more physical and take some of these guys on. After all 6feet 4 inches and 225 pounds is not a small man. Very seldom do you see him hitting anyone or standing up for one of his team mates. We need him to get more involved in order for us to be more successful.

coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Monk

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=558280

Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
Obviously the Jackets don't have enough fighters on the team. Has the window closed on trading excess baggage like girly-man Brassard and skirt-boys like Hejda and Chimera? It's an embarrassment.
If a player like Novotny was hammered into the boards, and they had to pick up his remains, those guys you mention would just stand there looking at it, right? On a lucky day Chimera might act, but when you fight twice a season you shouldn't get involved.

Two important players are out, Torres and Malhotra, because they tried to stick up for teammates. But this is not their line of business, they are not fighters, and that's why their kicked butts are on IR...how unnecessary. But this is why real fighters on the team are so important, can't believe some of you don't understand that.

Another thing to keep in mind, when a team lack toughness and they know it, they also lack self-confidence. This in turn can result in poor play, and then losing games.

Hi Merlin, about time I meet some people from hockeyfights.com over here

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote