HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our bottom forwards

Old
10-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Would it be THAT bad if we lose Lapierre in the waivers?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
That was in his first call-up? Wasn't it? He was amazing when he was first called up. They sent him down, I forget the reasoning. He got cut out of training camp the next season, then he came back up Chipchura got sent down for whatever reason and Lapierre has been horrible sense and is getting a free ride over Chipchura who is miles better at every facet of the game but agitating, which doesn't matter since Lapierre doesn't do it anymore, and speed, which doesn't matter since Chipchura's smarts puts him in the right position in the same amount of time it takes Lapierre to hustle there after reacting to the play because he can't read the play.

We'll see tonight vs. Philly. I doubt he does anything of substance except botch another 2-on-1.
He had something like 4 points in his 1st 3 games. Chipchura was sent down to work on his faceoffs...but I don't see why you're comparing the two to begin with when Lapierre should play on Chipchura's wing. Obviously Chipchura is a better option at 4th line C, but he was displaced because of Dandenault so the point is moot.

Lapierre should get a good look this year, and the season is young so there's no problem putting him in the pressbox when he has a bad game. It all comes back to why people think he should be sent down or traded, & I haven't seen a good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Of course we'll remember those 4 calls. Because two of them cost us our season, effectively.
It's silly to hold a high sticking major against someone(that Toronto loss was Kovalev's fault btw) & at this point in the season it's premature to worry about him costing the Habs games. He can be moved at the deadline if need be.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:24 AM
fergiesbeak

I'm from western canada and would love nothing better than to see more western boys on the habs only of course if they improve the team...habs have very good depth right now and alot of good choices for forwards especially the 4TH line.I do not see what all the negativety is on LAPS.He's doing his job very well and effectively.Come playoff time his speed and in your face checking will be very valuable.

fergiesbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Would it be THAT bad if we lose Lapierre in the waivers?
Would it be good?

I honestly don't know why having Lapierre as the 12/13/14th forward gets people scheming, or even steaming. Higgins& Laraque are injured.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:27 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
He had something like 4 points in his 1st 3 games. Chipchura was sent down to work on his faceoffs...but I don't see why you're comparing the two to begin with when Lapierre should play on Chipchura's wing. Obviously Chipchura is a better option at 4th line C, but he was displaced because of Dandenault so the point is moot.

Lapierre should get a good look this year, and the season is young so there's no problem putting him in the pressbox when he has a bad game. It all comes back to why people think he should be sent down or traded, & I haven't seen a good reason.

It's silly to hold a high sticking major against someone(that Toronto loss was Kovalev's fault btw) & at this point in the season it's premature to worry about him costing the Habs games. He can be moved at the deadline if need be.
I agree with you on the point that Lappy should be playing on the wing, Chipchura centering and Laraque on the other side. That should open it up to be a great fourth line, with Lapierre having the liberty to be as much of an agitator as he wants and can be especially with Laraque on his line.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:40 AM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergiesbeak View Post
I'm from western canada and would love nothing better than to see more western boys on the habs only of course if they improve the team...habs have very good depth right now and alot of good choices for forwards especially the 4TH line.I do not see what all the negativety is on LAPS.He's doing his job very well and effectively.Come playoff time his speed and in your face checking will be very valuable.
With no sarcasm, I'm happy to hear that! I agree with your post, Laps shouldn't get all the blame; even Begin, he's good and bad, but we need his enthusiasm out there.

Now with some sarcasm, and with respect to this whole thread:

I'm from Manitoba, and I think the Habs should put more Manitobans on the team! Damn, why do all Manitoban Habs fans have to put up with a team, year in and year out, that constantly ignores the tastes of Manitoban fans? We have Americans, Europeans, even some Frenchies (why oh why does this team have so many frenchies?) Come to think of it, as a franco-manitobain where are the players from St. Boniface? from St. Eustache? from La Brocquerie? from Notre Dame de Lourdes? from St. Malo? Damn, you'd think this team could find some brutal fourth-liners from somewhere in the western francophonie?

Or maybe the birthplace of players just shouldn't matter at all when opening threads or talking about the team? It's a complaint that's as old as the team itself, and not getting any more intelligent.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote