HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Center Ice for Verizon

Old
10-13-2008, 04:16 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
NHL Center Ice for Verizon

I have asked this many times on various threads but it still has not been answered.

I have been wanting NHL Center Ice for the longest time now. I am not sure if it is compatible with the service I have now. I just installed Verizon FiOS so now I am really lost. Anyone with Verizon have Center Ice? Can it be installed? Thanks for helping if anyone does...

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:19 PM
MountainHawk

It is not available yet on FioS, though last I saw, they were in the middle of negotiations.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:20 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
I have asked this many times on various threads but it still has not been answered.

I have been wanting NHL Center Ice for the longest time now. I am not sure if it is compatible with the service I have now. I just installed Verizon FiOS so now I am really lost. Anyone with Verizon have Center Ice? Can it be installed? Thanks for helping if anyone does...
Have you tried calling them?

I'm not the best source in terms of computer technology but I have DSL through Verizon and the package works, if that helps. I signed up 3-4 days ago. I left a response a minute or so ago in another thread (in the Flyers' forum) on a different matter.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:21 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
It is not available yet on FioS, though last I saw, they were in the middle of negotiations.
When was this? I had a conversation with someone about 18 months ago (when my family got it), who was not a service rep or anything and he said they had no intentions of ever getting it. If there is recent news on it, that would be fantastic.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:24 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

we still have comcast digital cable b/c they have hockey

whenever a verizon guy comes to the door asking us to get their cable, my mom/dad says 'we will switch in a second, just get hockey'

the last couple of times, the person has said that they're in negotiations

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:25 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Have you tried calling them?
Not yet, although I do plan too soon. MountainHawk, if you have any info as to when it may be available on FiOS please do not hesitate to share. I want it more than anything in the world right now.

Old
10-13-2008, 04:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

They just picked up Big Ten network which is decent. But they don't have any sports packages, I don't believe. They have like ESPNPPV channels. My saving graces were Fox Soccer Channel, TVG and some other college channels. Here is a startling issue: aside from the Flyers, I can actually watch more college hockey in a week than the NHL (on TV). NHL exposure issue #1, I say.

Old
10-13-2008, 04:30 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
we still have comcast digital cable b/c they have hockey

whenever a verizon guy comes to the door asking us to get their cable, my mom/dad says 'we will switch in a second, just get hockey'

the last couple of times, the person has said that they're in negotiations
Verizon has hockey. They have comcast on Verizon. You can switch right now. They made an agreement so you get all teh Flyers games on Verizon.

Old
10-13-2008, 04:33 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Verizon has hockey. They have comcast on Verizon. You can switch right now. They made an agreement so you get all teh Flyers games on Verizon.
nah i meant center ice, my bad.

i don't live in the philadelphia area, if that's what you're saying.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:54 PM
MountainHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
When was this? I had a conversation with someone about 18 months ago (when my family got it), who was not a service rep or anything and he said they had no intentions of ever getting it. If there is recent news on it, that would be fantastic.
http://policyblog.verizon.com/Policy....aspx#comments

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Greivier

I'm surprised nobody found out yet but Verizon FiOS will be offering NHL Network and NHL Center Ice as of next week.

I was just on the phone with them since I had to order another STB and figured I would ask about NHL Network since the Charters are usually contracted out every November. To my surprise, NHL Network was supposed to be offered as of the 21st of this month but was pushed back until next week so they can offer both at the same time. They also said they were not told what the pricing would be until the release but they were assured it would be competitive. I'm assuming somewhere between $149-$169 for Center Ice and NHL Network should be free.

Greivier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 04:38 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greivier View Post
I'm surprised nobody found out yet but Verizon FiOS will be offering NHL Network and NHL Center Ice as of next week.

I was just on the phone with them since I had to order another STB and figured I would ask about NHL Network since the Charters are usually contracted out every November. To my surprise, NHL Network was supposed to be offered as of the 21st of this month but was pushed back until next week so they can offer both at the same time. They also said they were not told what the pricing would be until the release but they were assured it would be competitive. I'm assuming somewhere between $149-$169 for Center Ice and NHL Network should be free.
I hope to God you arent joking in the least. This is fantastic news. I am going to get my dad to get this for sure as my birthday is within the next 2 weeks. God this is so great if you are pulling our legs here.

Old
10-23-2008, 05:01 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:

I'll believe it when I see it.

Old
10-23-2008, 05:04 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

You can get what is basically center ice online from nhl.com for around $20 a month. You can get one of them there newfangled tv/pc streaming devices to do the rest of the work for you...

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Greivier

No. I have better things to do than joke about this. If anyone cares to confirm for themselves you can Verizon customer service and speak to one of the reps dealing with FiOS TV. 888-425-4022 Have them check with a supervisor since they didn't release any prices yet. Like I said, I was told to call next week for the pricing.

Also, not that it says too much but if you Google NHL Center Ice and check the Wiki page, it cones up as available 10/08 on Verizon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nhl_cen...e#Availability

Old
10-24-2008, 12:26 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
No. I have better things to do than joke about this. If anyone cares to confirm for themselves you can Verizon customer service and speak to one of the reps dealing with FiOS TV. 888-425-4022 Have them check with a supervisor since they didn't release any prices yet. Like I said, I was told to call next week for the pricing.

Also, not that it says too much but if you Google NHL Center Ice and check the Wiki page, it cones up as available 10/08 on Verizon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nhl_cen...e#Availability
THIS IS AWESOME. I love you now for letting me know about this. My God its gonna be a great day in my house for the next few weeks.

Old
10-25-2008, 02:12 AM
Greivier

Now all they need is MSGHD and I'll be happy.

Old
10-27-2008, 06:36 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

JUST ORDERED IT AND I AM ECSTATIC!!!!!!

Where is NHL Network though? I dont seem to know what channel its on for Verizon. Anybody have any idea?

Old
10-27-2008, 06:37 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
JUST ORDERED IT AND I AM ECSTATIC!!!!!!

Where is NHL Network though? I dont seem to know what channel its on for Verizon. Anybody have any idea?
I thought it started tomorrow. What channels are the sports packages?

Old
10-27-2008, 06:38 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I thought it started tomorrow
Nope just got it. Ordered yesterday and it already is up.

Old
10-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Crescent Street
Saturday Nite Hockey

I'd like to know how many feeds on average FIOS has in HD. Do they get home and away broadcasts?

Crescent Street is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 06:42 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Street View Post
I'd like to know how many feeds on average FIOS has in HD. Do they get home and away broadcasts?
I wont be able to tell you tonight because I will be out watching the Phillies over my friends house but I can update you on that tomorrow.

Old
10-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Quellet The Dogs Out

Is anyone else skeptical to move to FIOS from Comcast? How is their "on demand" feature, or whatever they call it? Is it as good?

And not just sports, but what is their overall HD lineup like?

Quellet The Dogs Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Just found this too. I am PSYCHED!!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=389066

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:41 PM
GKJ