HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A nice article on G. Latendresse

Old
10-12-2008, 01:29 PM
JTWymanFan*

vCash: 500
A nice article on G. Latendresse

http://www.globesports.com/servlet/s...wspt_shoalts11

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Next Best Thing*

Yeah that was an excellent article, thanks.

Explains the situation clearly and after reading that I have even more confidence Lats will be a great player for many, many years. He's a half-breed in a way, pf mixed with a dangler and I love his nose for the net.

My prediction: 30 goals this year.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
He looks more physical and is going to the net. I like his attitude.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 02:45 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
He looks more physical and is going to the net. I like his attitude.
As i said in an earlier post, i saw him here in Bromont and he really has chisled his body. He looks like a power forward. I am expecting some really interesting stats from him this year.

JTWymanFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 07:11 PM
goldglove

Begin, Dandenault, Lapierre must laugh! It's always Latendresse who gets bashed by the french media and the fans! Latendresse is one of the 2 french guys who actually have hockey sence. The second one is 5'6.

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 07:28 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglove View Post
Begin, Dandenault, Lapierre must laugh! It's always Latendresse who gets bashed by the french media and the fans! Latendresse is one of the 2 french guys who actually have hockey sence. The second one is 5'6.
Tanguay?

Desharnais could have a good career too, though, but he'll need to work way harder than the rest of the league to stay in. Martin St-Louis is a crazy workaholic and that's why he stays in.

Latendresse was gifted with a hockey player's dream body, and at 21 he's starting to grow into it, and gain maturity.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Beakermania*

The guy was really dedicated this summer and between training camp and now some of us are starting to see the results.

I always find it funny when people throw a 21 year old under the bus.... reminds me of a number of Andrei Kostitsyn posts i could find in the archives if i did a search.

Gui is here to stay folks... and we'll all be happier as hab fans because of that.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Rgolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
The guy was really dedicated this summer and between training camp and now some of us are starting to see the results.

I always find it funny when people throw a 21 year old under the bus.... reminds me of a number of Andrei Kostitsyn posts i could find in the archives if i did a search.

Gui is here to stay folks... and we'll all be happier as hab fans because of that.
dont forget andrei was suppose to be a top 5 pick however he suffered from epilepsy's and the reason people forget that gui's only 21 because when he was 18 he was extremely close to making the team so it seems likes hes been around for a long time

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
It's really incredible how much these articles are generic. I like those Russian interviews a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
dont forget andrei was suppose to be a top 5 pick however he suffered from epilepsy's and the reason people forget that gui's only 21 because when he was 18 he was extremely close to making the team so it seems likes hes been around for a long time
This isn't true, Redline called him "probably the most talented":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline
The Montreal Canadiens took what might be the most interesting gamble, selecting Andrei Kastsitsyn with the 10th choice. Kastsitsyn reportedly suffers from seizures and anxiety attacks (given the crushing pressure these teenagers are under, it's a wonder more of them don't display such symptoms). At one point he was believed to have epilepsy. So his health is an obvious question mark. On the other hand, many call him the best pure talent of the entire draft.
and a few mock drafts said he "might've" been a top 5 pick. I saw no mock draft putting him in the top 10, much less the top 5.

Quote:
Without epilepsy and back troubles, Kastsitsyn may have been a top-five pick, but medical concerns drop him down a bit to the middle of the first round.
He was ranked 3rd european skater after Michalek and Zherdev which imo could still be considered accurate.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1tflDrGDys

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:31 PM
lou4gehrig

Surprised no one else pointed this out:

"A little more than a year ago, Guillaume Latendresse finished in the bottom five when the Montreal Canadiens' tested their players' speed in training camp. In the same skating test this year, Latendresse finished in the top five."

Lats is our fifth fastest skater!

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Surprised no one else pointed this out:

"A little more than a year ago, Guillaume Latendresse finished in the bottom five when the Montreal Canadiens' tested their players' speed in training camp. In the same skating test this year, Latendresse finished in the top five."

Lats is our fifth fastest skater!
That has been discussed, many times.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
That has been discussed, many times.
Yarp.

Can't wait to see how Lats is going to perform this season. But especially can't wait how fans are going to react. Either they'll see him as a sex idol or a homer. Can't wait...

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote