HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

After Three games, who's your suprise player ..?

Old
10-13-2008, 07:49 PM
mrCoffea*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I stopped reading right there.

The least you could do is watch the god damn game before comming and posting here.
Oh I watched the game, sorry I didn't document every mistake he made on the ice. How about I start doing that just for you

Are you denying the fact that he's the least clutch player on the team? Are you denying the fact that it isn't impressive for someone to get points against one of the worst teams in the league, especially when he didn't produce **** against Buffalo? Why don't we wait for him to do something useful against a decent team, and not something where he's carried by his linemates.

He hasn't improved one bit since last year, but it's only going to be 20 games into the season or more until people realize that. If the team continues to do well, it won't be on his merit, that's for sure. But people will continue to look at him through rose tinted glasses

Already someone used the "he's only 21 excuse"

mrCoffea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 07:52 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Erika, did you send this guy an invite? Is he a relation?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCoffea View Post
Except for the fact that Latendresse can't score anything but crappy tap ins when he's gifted a goal
I think McPhee said it best in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I think that I'm going to develop an irrational hatred for some players. I don't yet know why I'll hate them, maybe it'll be ethnicity, maybe I'll hate them because other people like them and lord knows I yearn to be a maverick, but hate them I shall.

Then I'll claim that I don't hate them, I'm just being objective. Then whenever they do something well, I'll point out someone who's better, or find a reason why it wasn't said player who is better, just player b who set him up.

My point in all this will be, well, I'm not sure what the point would be, but if I was right, and the guy did badly, just imagine how smart I'd be.

ahhh, the thoughts I have pre nap.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 08:03 PM
znk

Quote:
Oh I watched the game, sorry I didn't document every mistake he made on the ice. How about I start doing that just for you

Are you denying the fact that he's the least clutch player on the team? Are you denying the fact that it isn't impressive for someone to get points against one of the worst teams in the league, especially when he didn't produce **** against Buffalo? Why don't we wait for him to do something useful against a decent team, and not something where he's carried by his linemates.

He hasn't improved one bit since last year, but it's only going to be 20 games into the season or more until people realize that. If the team continues to do well, it won't be on his merit, that's for sure. But people will continue to look at him through rose tinted glasses

Already someone used the "he's only 21 excuse"

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 08:15 PM
mrCoffea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I think McPhee said it best in another thread.
ok yeah, let's pretend that the guy scores goals like his more talented teammates, that he improved so much during the summer that he's a bona fide superstar now, and that he's going to carry the team singlehandedly on his back to the stanley cup because his vast improvement during the summer exonerates him from any criticism whatsoever. The only people that are right are the ones that have their face so far up his ass they can see what he ate for breakfast

Old
10-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
ok yeah, let's pretend that the guy scores goals like his more talented teammates, that he improved so much during the summer that he's a bona fide superstar now, and that he's going to carry the team singlehandedly on his back to the stanley cup because his vast improvement during the summer exonerates him from any criticism whatsoever. The only people that are right are the ones that have their face so far up his ass they can see what he ate for breakfast
No those people aren't right... but you aren't right either.....

Lets try some objectivity.

He had a bad game in buffalo
He had a very good game in toronto.

Noone said he was carrying the team on his back... find me the post that says that.

I can show you your posts that show an irrational and biased hate for the guy even when he plays pretty good.

Old
10-13-2008, 08:26 PM
znk

Quote:
Dude...saying he's improved doesnt mean he's a god damn super star that's supposed to carry this team on his shoulders. I dont see how you can comment on poeple having their heads up his ass when you've go yours up your own ass.

I wasnt so impressed with his play so far and wouldnt have put him as a surprise but the BS that your regurgitating pushed me to one side...and it's definetly not yours.

Old
10-13-2008, 08:27 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
What a ****ing drama queen!

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
ok... nevermind the second rounder, we trade you to Islanders for future consideration

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 08:41 PM
mrCoffea*

Quote:
No those people aren't right... but you aren't right either.....

Lets try some objectivity.

He had a bad game in buffalo
He had a very good game in toronto.

Noone said he was carrying the team on his back... find me the post that says that.

I can show you your posts that show an irrational and biased hate for the guy even when he plays pretty good.
First of all, I was being sarcastic. Obviously I wasn't implying that he was going to carry the team on his back.

Objectivity would be calling a spade a spade and realizing that he HASN'T improved much, if at all, since last season SO FAR. In the 2 and a half games we've now witnessed, he has two bad games against decent to good teams, and one good game against a really bad team in which half of the roster got a point.

So who's being objective? The guy saying he hasn't improved (which is true) or the people claiming he's the biggest surprise of the season (which is false).

He's going to have to play much better than he has if we're going to consider him an improvement, let alone the biggest surprise

Old
10-13-2008, 08:49 PM
znk

Quote:
First of all, I was being sarcastic. Obviously I wasn't implying that he was going to carry the team on his back.

Objectivity would be calling a spade a spade and realizing that he HASN'T improved much, if at all, since last season SO FAR. In the 2 and a half games we've now witnessed, he has two bad games against decent to good teams, and one good game against a really bad team in which half of the roster got a point.

So who's being objective? The guy saying he hasn't improved (which is true) or the people claiming he's the biggest surprise of the season (which is false).

He's going to have to play much better than he has if we're going to consider him an improvement, let alone the biggest surprise
Your series of posts just undermined the credibility of anyone trying to say Lats has not improved that much. Anyone with that position will be associated with you and your babble and will automatically get shot down. You did it in such a way that you antagonized everyone including people on the fence about him like me.

Old
10-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

Well he hasn't been great tonight... but i haven't seen him make any major mistakes either.... Noone is expecting him to score every single game... .if you are that is crazy, we both know that.

As far as improvement... I have seen him faster, both saturday, today, and in preseason.... So really i wonder if you are watching the same games i am.

Your earlier series of posts totally showed that you have no ability to be objective....

I think you are exactly what McPhee Identified earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPhee
Then I'll claim that I don't hate them, I'm just being objective. Then whenever they do something well, I'll point out someone who's better, or find a reason why it wasn't said player who is better, just player b who set him up.

Old
10-13-2008, 09:06 PM
mrCoffea*

Quote:
Well he hasn't been great tonight... but i haven't seen him make any major mistakes either.... Noone is expecting him to score every single game... .if you are that is crazy, we both know that.

As far as improvement... I have seen him faster, both saturday, today, and in preseason.... So really i wonder if you are watching the same games i am.

Your earlier series of posts totally showed that you have no ability to be objective....

I think you are exactly what McPhee Identified earlier.
The thing with Latendresse is, he was ABYSMALLY slow since he got on the team, and just because he took a couple of powerskating lessons and is now on the level of a normal NHL player as far as speed is concerned, doesn't make him "improved". Personally he might have improved, but relative to the rest of his teammates and peers in the NHL? That's a no go

The guy just isn't talented and he's on a line where he doesn't belong, playing with players that deserve much better than him. There are plenty of players that have more natural talent than he does, yet because the media have always hyped him up as the next big thing, it's as if the coaching staff feel obligated to keep giving him a shot hoping for a resurgence that will never come. Mark my words, it will never come

What pisses me off about him is seeing him on the top 2 lines where he obviously doesn't belong.

He doesn't hit, he doesn't have a hard or accurate shot, he's naturally less skillful than most of the other offensive players on the team, he can't fight (after that fight last year he said he was sorry he hurt his opponent, i mean come on!), despite his "improvement" he's still not a fast skater. So what exactly is he doing on this team? What exactly is he doing on our top lines?

You can all keep praying for him to "develop into the power forward we've always needed", but that day isn't going to come. I know I'm not the only person that thinks that way too. Just because I'm posting about it here doesn't mean I'm the only person with such an opinion of him

Old
10-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
The thing with Latendresse is, he was ABYSMALLY slow since he got on the team, and just because he took a couple of powerskating lessons and is now on the level of a normal NHL player as far as speed is concerned, doesn't make him "improved". Personally he might have improved, but relative to the rest of his teammates and peers in the NHL? That's a no go

The guy just isn't talented and he's on a line where he doesn't belong, playing with players that deserve much better than him. There are plenty of players that have more natural talent than he does, yet because the media have always hyped him up as the next big thing, it's as if the coaching staff feel obligated to keep giving him a shot hoping for a resurgence that will never come. Mark my words, it will never come

What pisses me off about him is seeing him on the top 2 lines where he obviously doesn't belong.

He doesn't hit, he doesn't have a hard or accurate shot, he's naturally less skillful than most of the other offensive players on the team, he can't fight (after that fight last year he said he was sorry he hurt his opponent, i mean come on!), despite his "improvement" he's still not a fast skater. So what exactly is he doing on this team? What exactly is he doing on our top lines?

You can all keep praying for him to "develop into the power forward we've always needed", but that day isn't going to come. I know I'm not the only person that thinks that way too. Just because I'm posting about it here doesn't mean I'm the only person with such an opinion of him

At the same time you posted this, Lats was in front of the flyers net and a Komi point shot finds the back of the net.... Did he tip it?? I'm not sure... but he was a key to that goal.

Old
10-13-2008, 09:46 PM
TheGoalJudge

Josh Gorges is a beast. If only he was right handed we'd have our #4.

TheGoalJudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Josh Gorges is a beast. If only he was right handed we'd have our #4.
hes just,...so amazing, he realy is

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Doctor House

For me it has to be Hamrlik - I guess he's more comfortable with Carbs system after being stifled in Calgary.

Doctor House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:13 PM
ToysInTheAttic

After 3 games my big surprise is Sergei Kostitsyn. 3 pts vs TO, now 2 pts vs Phillie. He is off at a torrid pace, and I doubt this kid is going to slow down.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:18 PM
oli500

The team as a hole has surprise me. I was expecting a slow start offensively and are goal tending would save us as I really thought that the hole 100 years thing would get to them but every one seems to be on the same page. The combination of S.K. and Lang has been a nice surprise.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Russeltown

After three games, who is your surprise player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Is there going to be a new thread when we get to 3 games?

After 3 Games who's your surprise player ?
So, who is your surprise player?

Mine is Sergei Kostitsyn .

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:35 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Same for me...

I expected him to be this good at some point, just not this year.

He's like two seasons ahead of where I expected him to be

Old
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
So, who is your surprise player?

Mine is Sergei Kostitsyn .
I gotta agree. I didn't expect Sergei to have 5 pts in 3 games.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Prospector

Haha!!!

Sergei Kostitsyn and Hamrlik for me!!

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Russeltown

Erika in 3... 2... 1...

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:38 PM
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russeltown View Post
Erika in 3... 2... 1...

when he made that sick pass to lang i thought the exact same thing to myself...maybe she is currently ahem to some of his highlights right now

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote