HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Naslund..

Old
10-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
Naslund..

What do you guys think is up with Naslund his points are coming but is it just me or does he seem to be taking really short shifts?? Just something doesn't seem right watching him and I can't seem to figure it out maybe it's just me...?

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:37 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
He, Drury, and Gomez just aren't clicking right now... they'll pick it up.

I'm more worried about Gomez turning the puck over every 2 seconds. WTF is up with that?

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Ke11y96

yeah that is true it's almost like a lil sandpaper might help two outta those 3 like voros has with dubi and Z

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:40 PM
NYR Viper

yea....i know they look good if they have the puck...but i feel like something needs to happen in order for them to get going....they are just missing eachother...

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:41 PM
FrontRow

That line just didn't get it going tonight, at all. If you look at the Time on Ice for each player on the roster, it seems as if Renney is literally just rolling all his lines, with extra time coming on the PP or PK. (give or take a few players)

FrontRow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:45 PM
levski87

He'll be fine. Vs the Devils SuperTrap system it seems like alot of the lines are out of whack.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
ThirdEye

He's looked pretty plain. I think a playmaker like Gomez on the line it will eventually work out though

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 09:54 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Naslund will be fine. The line hasn't gelled yet. Not all lines can immediately click like Voros/Dubinsky/Zherdev!

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:05 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I'd be a hell of a lot more worried about the first line chemistry if we weren't getting 2nd line scoring. It'll be interesting to see if teams start keying on the Dubi line with their checking line and top defensive unit, thereby freeing up the Gomez line.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:08 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I'd be a hell of a lot more worried about the first line chemistry if we weren't getting 2nd line scoring. It'll be interesting to see if teams start keying on the Dubi line with their checking line and top defensive unit, thereby freeing up the Gomez line.
this is what the rangers offense is all about.....spread the scoring and if one line doesnt score...another has a good chance to score....if they key-in on one line then another will step up....that was the whole reason for the change over the offseason......

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:16 PM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
this is what the rangers offense is all about.....spread the scoring and if one line doesnt score...another has a good chance to score....if they key-in on one line then another will step up....that was the whole reason for the change over the offseason......
And it's a helluva lot more fun to watch!

Old
10-14-2008, 12:18 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
He's looked pretty plain. I think a playmaker like Gomez on the line it will eventually work out though
He's looked fine. When Gomez stops playing poorly offensively (seemingly everything he touches is going bad right now. Not playing like himself) then it will help Naslund and the rest of that line.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
He, Drury, and Gomez just aren't clicking right now... they'll pick it up.

I'm more worried about Gomez turning the puck over every 2 seconds. WTF is up with that?
It might be good to put him on the third line with Korps, Cally and/or Sjo.

But who'll play on the top line? We need to make a trade.

I wouldn't mind dealing Korps + Dawes/Prucha +Sauer/Baranka for a top-6 forward.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
It might be good to put him on the third line with Korps, Cally and/or Sjo.

But who'll play on the top line? We need to make a trade.

I wouldn't mind dealing Korps + Dawes/Prucha +Sauer/Baranka for a top-6 forward.

Nothing worng with Naslund, but plenty wrong with people who are just looking too deep.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:16 PM
zestystrat

It's hard to complain with a 5-0 record. But somehow we still do..

But with the 2nd line taking the pressure off the 1st, both in the media and on the ice, this is just what they need to get it together under the radar.

zestystrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Fletch

Forechecker...

it will be interesting if other teams actually key on Dubi or believe that they will not continue at this rate. Back when Mess was 50 years old and the Czech Mates were flying, other teams still focused on Mess and let Nedved beat them.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

It's going to take a little adjustment for all of them to really mesh together, but like most others, I'm not too worried about it considering the secondary scoring we're getting.

I don't think teams will start keying in on the PlayStation line just yet. The Naslund/Gomez/Drury line just has too much talent to be given a longer leash. I think the first team to focus on the 2nd line with their top checking/top pairing will be in trouble. We have a very good attack across the board, and the defense and goaltending to back it up. Things are looking bright.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Staalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
It's going to take a little adjustment for all of them to really mesh together, but like most others, I'm not too worried about it considering the secondary scoring we're getting.

I don't think teams will start keying in on the PlayStation line just yet. The Naslund/Gomez/Drury line just has too much talent to be given a longer leash. I think the first team to focus on the 2nd line with their top checking/top pairing will be in trouble. We have a very good attack across the board, and the defense and goaltending to back it up. Things are looking bright.
I agree 100% with what you said about keying line two being dangerous in potentially giving line one a big shot and etc. I don't really agree with the idea that line two is secondary scoring however. At least IMO, our top two lines are our "primary scoring" the bottom two are secondary scoring, with goals from Orr or Betts just being a flat out bonus. That being said, that doesn't change that fact that as you said, we have good depth, and as the season goes along, we will prove to have a line up that is a threat from top to bottom. LGR!

Staalwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
it will be interesting if other teams actually key on Dubi or believe that they will not continue at this rate. Back when Mess was 50 years old and the Czech Mates were flying, other teams still focused on Mess and let Nedved beat them.
Of course it's not likely for the Dubi line to continue this torrid pace, but with two brand lines consisting of three new players plus one playing out of his "natural" position, I'd be surprised if teams didn't start to focus on the Dubi line. The Mess line still had Mess who was still a game changer, something lacking from our top line right now.

Old
10-14-2008, 12:58 PM
McRanger

I am more worried about Drury than Naslund.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Celestial Black

The whole first line is still working on their chem but they still look pretty good on the ice.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 04:43 PM
GAGLine

They haven't generated many chances the last couple games, but they will. Gomez seems to be in his carry-it-over-the-blue-line-and-lose-it faze. Either he tries to beat the defense and loses the puck, or passes laterally along the blue line and turns it over. He either needs to play more dump and chase when the dmen are standing up at the blue line, or pass to the wing before they enter the zone so they can find the hole in the defense. Right now he's holding onto the puck too long on the rush and it's killing chances before they get started.

Once they get into the zone, that line is dangerous. They just need to work on getting into the zone with speed.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 06:27 PM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
This is the reason i was so vocal about not resigning Jagr. This is now a TEAM effort and will have to continue to be if the Rangers are going to have success.

Naslund will be fine, as will Drury and Gomez. It is only 5 games into the season. No need to panic.

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 07:42 PM
ThirdEye

Drury seems snakebitten. He's had the best chances of anyone on that line and he just hasn't finished. I like the fact that those chances have been there though. Hopefully he'll start putting the puck in the net

The third line also needs to get going. It has been five games now that they haven't even registered a point (excluding the empty netter by Callahan). Heck, the forth line has been more productive.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Sockosensei

Obviously it's great if all your lines are hot at the same time.

But the real key is that the first line be ready to step up when the second line cools down, and vice versa.
Dubi, Zherdev, & Voros are buying Naslund and friends some time to gel.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote