HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Combos and D Pairs Need to be Changed

Old
10-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Nordique

vCash: 500
Chimera-Brassard-Voracek has been our best line. Chimera's making all the right plays(assist to Voracek and twice screening goalies for Brassard) and they've scored 3 goals in 2 games as a result.

I hate to see that line broken up right now, but I know the first line needs something.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:29 PM
sgupca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz View Post
Here's what my line would be if there weren't any injuries or pending suspensions....

Nash-Brassard-Voracek
Huselius-Peca-Umburger
Modin-Murray-Torres
Chimera-Malhotra-Boll
Picard

How's that for different?
I wouldn't have Brassard and Voracek on your top line.

I'd go with

Nash - Umberger - Voracek

sgupca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:32 PM
CBJheadhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
My roster:

Nash - Umberger - Voráček
Modin - Brassard - Huselius
Chimera - Murray - Boll
Picard - Novotný - Dorsett

Tjutin, Klesla
Russell, Commodore
Tollefsen, Hejda

Leclaire

And Voráćek with Brassard should play about 17 minutes and Picard with Boll should get bigger ice-time.

I really like the look of this one

CBJheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 05:07 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Certainly this roster is without Peca and Malhotra. Then it should be:

Nash - Umberger - Voráček
Modin - Brassard - Huselius
Chimera - Peca - Boll
Picard - Malhotra - Murray

Torres is too long injuried.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:55 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Hasn't Hitchcock indicated that line combos are completely flexible and ad hoc in his system? ..and that they depend on match-ups? (I know, I don't like it either.)

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:01 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
I hate to see that line broken up right now, but I know the first line needs something.
Time. It just needs some time. They've played, what, 5 games together counting preseason? Not every line clicks right away. The "goat" line did and now we all want the first line to click but it might take a few more games.

Now the defensive pairs, OTOH, need to be changed up. Russell needs to be out there with the first line on a more consistent basis. Pair him up with Hjeda. Pair Commodore with Tyutin. As for Klesla, well, if anyone has a time machine, we should send Rusty back to last season. I think that's where he left his game.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:58 AM
BluejacketNut

No, they only played 1 game together in pre season, so only 3 games. But that is half the problem, right now we're still in training camp because theres no chemistry, and Saturday clearly showed this...unfortunately these arent preseason games and they count.

And there is no such thing as "time" in HCH coaching system...score quick or it will change in a heartbeat

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:23 AM
cydawg
#DefendNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
No, they only played 1 game together in pre season, so only 3 games. But that is half the problem, right now we're still in training camp because theres no chemistry, and Saturday clearly showed this...unfortunately these arent preseason games and they count.

And there is no such thing as "time" in HCH coaching system...score quick or it will change in a heartbeat
Hitch himself has said it'll take some time for the lines to click. I think he said 15 games. I don't think he'll break up the lines so quickly having said this, at least not permanently.

cydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:00 PM
frito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Chimera-Brassard-Voracek has been our best line. Chimera's making all the right plays(assist to Voracek and twice screening goalies for Brassard) and they've scored 3 goals in 2 games as a result.

And don't forget Chimmer's assist on Nash's game winning OT goal.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:07 PM
RDriesenUD

watching tonights game just strengthens my opinion on the lines needing to be changed.

Id call up Filatov. Put Brassard on the top line, Voracek on the 2nd, and Filatov on the 3rd. we need to get more than one line going.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:56 PM
AlienLanes82

Let's try something a bit crazy.

Nash Brassard Huselius
Modin Murray Voracek
Chimera Umberger Boll
Picard Novotny Dorsett

AlienLanes82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Casework

The defense needs the biggest change in my opinion.

Hejda-Klesla - Klesla has played horribly, but this pairing was effective last year, I think we should have let them continue to build chemistry.

Tyutin-Commodore - Tyutin seems way out of his groove right now. I'm not sure what it'll take to get him going. I could see swapping Russell in and out on this pairing.

Backman-Tollefsen - Backman has been OK overall, in my opinion. Put him with a hard hitter, he and Russell play too similarly. I would put Commodore with Backman if Russell was in the game and playing with Tyutin.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Casework

For forwards, I'm looking at this.

Nash-Umberger-Huselius - Nash and Juice are showing some chemistry. Umberger needs to step it up big time. I would put Brassard on this line, but his current line continues to be our most consistent.

Chimera-Brassard-Voracek - No brainer. Our best line. In some ways, that's encouraging. In others, that's pretty pathetic.

Filatov-Novotny-Boll - Novotny's been our best face-off guy. At this point in time, we need more scoring. Cue Filatov. I only put Boll on this line because Murray will need to center the 4th line - but he really needs to step up. I'd put Peca on this line as soon as he returns and move Murray back to wing.

Modin-Murray-Picard - Modin has had a few good flashes, but I feel like he's not the same player we saw even last year in the few games he played. Picard has brought good energy, but really, he's still not doing much for me.

Casework is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:22 AM
Pluckfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cbj View Post
I really like the look of this one
I do not want Russell stuck with Commodore.

The top six aren't really a top 6 because at least 2 of them (Umberger at center, and Chimera) don't belong on the top 2 lines.

Hejda/Klesla
Tyutin/Commodore
Russ/Tolle-Methot

Pluckfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluckfur View Post
I do not want Russell stuck with Commodore.

The top six aren't really a top 6 because at least 2 of them (Umberger at center, and Chimera) don't belong on the top 2 lines.

Hejda/Klesla
Tyutin/Commodore
Russ/Tolle-Methot
Forgetting where they would be on other teams we have to weigh what they are producing on this team and Chimera is top 6 on this team. Can't hold back someone who is hot.....or in this case luke warm. It is still better than the heat from those that most want to play above him.

Aging Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 08:27 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

One encouraging sign (yes, there was one!) from Puckrakers:

"Brassard played 16:46 and Voracek 14:05 against one of the biggest, strongest, fasted clubs in the West."

Seems HCH is not quite as slow to give rookies playing time as some have feared.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 10:16 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
One encouraging sign (yes, there was one!) from Puckrakers:

"Brassard played 16:46 and Voracek 14:05 against one of the biggest, strongest, fasted clubs in the West."

Seems HCH is not quite as slow to give rookies playing time as some have feared.
When they are the only ones producing, its hard to argue with the bottom line.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 10:50 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
When they are the only ones producing, its hard to argue with the bottom line.
Yup.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 11:11 AM
BluejacketNut

I still think Modin needs to be on that Brass/Jake line..the line has been good in spite of Chimmer. Why put one of our snipers with Murray and Novotny?? I dont care about the wanting Modin with guys who can cycle....I want Modin with guys who can get him the puck to fire that howitzer!

Old
10-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Brassard Calder

I don't think the first line has been that bad, and obviously the "goat" line has been great. It's time for guys like Modin and Novotny to step up. Boll needs to start hitting everything on the ice again like last season.

I'd like to see Tollefsen in the lineup for Friday and Saturday.

For now (until Peca and Malhotra, and then eventually Torres are back) I'd be fine with this...

Nash-Umberger-Huselius
Chimera-Brassard-Voracek
Picard-Novotny-Modin
Boll-Murray-Dorsett

Commodore-Russell
Hejda-Klesla
Tyutin-Tollefsen

Against bigger tougher teams I want to see Tollefsen in the lineup.

Backman did have a goal last night, but he reminds me too much of a poor man's Ron Hainsey. I'd be interested to see how our defense plays with Tollefsen in his place.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 11:24 AM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
I still think Modin needs to be on that Brass/Jake line..the line has been good in spite of Chimmer. Why put one of our snipers with Murray and Novotny?? I dont care about the wanting Modin with guys who can cycle....I want Modin with guys who can get him the puck to fire that howitzer!
No offense but Chimera is currently tied for the lead in points for this team. You don't lower that players playing time based on past production you ride it til it breaks then make the move.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:27 AM
BluejacketNut

Unless the line could be doubling its point production. Chimmer is only getting assists, imagine how many points Jake and Brass may have if they actually had someone on their line that could finish

Old
10-15-2008, 11:28 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyFan45 View Post
I don't think the first line has been that bad, and obviously the "goat" line has been great. It's time for guys like Modin and Novotny to step up. Boll needs to start hitting everything on the ice again like last season.
Modin is a sniper....snipers need playmakers....which Novotny and Murry are not

Old
10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Brassard Calder

Quote:
Unless the line could be doubling its point production. Chimmer is only getting assists, imagine how many points Jake and Brass may have if they actually had someone on their line that could finish
Maybe. I think Chimmer actually fits better with Jake and Brass though because he's better defensively than Modin and he has more speed. His forechecking and overall speed have helped make that line click IMO.

I agree that Hitch needs to find a way to utilize Modin's shot though.

Brassard Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Oh hell you know what you are absolutely right. We should most definitely take the only line on the team that seems to have anything resembling chemistry or prodcution and split it up so that message board posters are more comfortable with a player who has traditionally been third line for them still being third line.