HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The new and improved Andrei Kostitsyn

Old
10-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
the good thing is, his hit lead to his own goal. I think that's what you call positive enforcement (bad translation renforcement postif lol...)

positive reinforcement lol

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Kachino

Saw the potential last year... I think it will take him about 2 more seasons to reach his full potential... Love the player since he started playing for the Habs... still remember his sick passes vs Toronto in his first NHL game...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

He's always had the great skating and the shot. But it's how he's able to muscle opposing players off the puck that has really caught my attention.

10-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Habsfan18
The Future

another thing I noticed is how much more confident he is with the puck.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

he's looking more and more like a certain number 8 in Washington

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 10:59 PM
mbz

Andrei was a beast tonight.. Im really liking that he's more physical now, and wow what a shot that was..

mbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
He's our Hossa.

He's not playing on the PK.

But AK46 rules for sure, he was just as good last year.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:01 PM
windycity

his goal tonight was a thing of beauty starting with his knocking Richards on his @ss

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:06 PM
Russeltown

Baldistyn > Blondetitsyn

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:11 PM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
When I lived in Tampa I noticed that many girls had Hamrlick jerseys. Now I know why.

toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Russeltown

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
When I lived in Tampa I noticed that many girls had Hamrlick jerseys. Now I know why.
Why?

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
He's becoming the player Kyle Woodlief was so high on in the months leading up to the 2003 draft.

Duneeden Iowa: Kyle, If you had to choose one player from the 2003 draft to build a team around who would it be? Why? Thanks in advance.

Kyle Woodlief: If I were the GM of an NHL team and I was absolutely and thoroughly convinced that Andrei Kastsitsyn's medical condition (epilepsy) was permanently under control through medication, he would be my choice. For me, the way he plays the game is just full of intensity and desire. It's one thing to have skills (and Kastsitsyn has an excellent skill level), but when you combine that with some real fire and commitment, then you have, in my opinion, the best real gamebreaker in the draft.

the combination of Kastsitsyn's skills, production, fire, and intensity make him the guy that I personally most like to watch; I admire his passion and playing style so much that I can't take my eyes off him when he steps on the ice.

And there's a little something for everyone with talented players of all styles and sizes available. If it's pure gamebreaking ability you're after, nobody beats Belarussia's Andrei Kastsitsyn. The fiery winger has a rare mix of skill and desire. Plenty of snipers know what to do with the puck once you get it to them in scoring territory. What sets Kastsitsyn apart is that he'll do all the hard work to go get the puck, then he'll steam his way through traffic into scoring position and finish off his own play.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 11:37 PM
GoMarkov79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
It seems Ovechkin is inspiring other russian players by his intensity and physical play. I also think that Andrei is inspired by the way Sergei is playing.

GoMarkov79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:13 AM
muzion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I made the same comment to the people I watched the game with. He's skating around all over the ice in an intelligent way, hitting people, wanting to shoot it and score goals. I used to think he was an hybrid of Kovalev and Hossa, but these last two games he's played them in the same style as no 8. I always believed he had the potential to play like him but never thought it would happen this fast.

muzion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
He already has a few big hits this season. I think this trend started last season right after Sergei got called up and he laid out a few people. I can't wait until he fine tunes the art of hitting, I don't like the hit from behind on Stajan, he'll be a force.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 02:11 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoMarkov79 View Post
It seems Ovechkin is inspiring other russian players by his intensity and physical play. I also think that Andrei is inspired by the way Sergei is playing.
I think you are right. I think we'll see a bunch of times this year where in one game one of them has a lights out night and the other might be a bit quiet, but in the next game (not to be outdone) the other will have that extra step in his game. Neither will let the other dog it during the season.

And unless both of them go inexplicably cold at the same time, this relationship will probably keep either of them from going cold for any extended period of time. How could you not have fun out there right now?!

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Qui Gon Dave

He's still getting his game together this year but he seems to be picking up momentum. I think he just needs the puck more and he will gain more confidence and fine tune his plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
And I think it's no secret on here anymore that im a big fan
What? You're an AK46 fan? When did this happen? Next thing you'll be telling me that I'm a fan of his too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino View Post
Saw the potential last year... I think it will take him about 2 more seasons to reach his full potential... Love the player since he started playing for the Habs... still remember his sick passes vs Toronto in his first NHL game...
Was that a pre-season game? His first regular season game was against Buffalo

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 06:02 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
He's still getting his game together this year but he seems to be picking up momentum. I think he just needs the puck more and he will gain more confidence and fine tune his plays.

What? You're an AK46 fan? When did this happen? Next thing you'll be telling me that I'm a fan of his too.

Was that a pre-season game? His first regular season game was against Buffalo
No. His first ever game in the NHL was against Phoenix, where he scored on his first shift, first shot.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
No. His first ever game in the NHL was against Phoenix, where he scored on his first shift, first shot.
No. His first NHL game was against the Buffalo Sabres on December 1st, 2005. He played one shift. 1 game later he had a shot in a game against LA which was deflected over the net, thus didn't count as a shot on goal. He did technically score on his first ever shot against Phoenix though, but that was his 3rd NHL game. Link. It may have been his first shift of that game though, can't remember for sure. It was the first game he got decent ice time though.

Btw, looks like NHL.com doesn't have the game by game stats for previous season up yet. If anyone is after Habs game by game stats for previous, go to their profile on the Habs website, click the 07-08 game log link and then change the two years in the URL.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 07:06 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
He WAS dreamy when he was a kid, now he looks like a hobo that forgot to shave.
Is a woman, attracted to hobos, known as a hobosexual ?

AD, I was thinking last nigfht after the game that the hockey term, power forward, just a stolen basketball term, started being used to decsribe Cam Neely when his game emerged in Boston. I think that's the case. Then, as these things go, everyone had to have a pf, whether it be Tkazcuk or whoever. A lot of guys gotr drated to high then given up on him because they weren't what scouts dreamed they were going to be, Isbister,Kilger etc.

Andrei Kostitsyn does what you want a power forward to do, he can turn the corner with a powerful stride, d men have to back up and get support, he uses his strength, he's more sneaky dirty than he is a wrecking ball, but he has that arrogance about him, where he looks like he's going where he wants to, similar to Kovalev.

So, yeah, he plays that role, though we tend to picture different player types when we use that term.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 07:09 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Is he what we could call a power forward now?

He goes to the net, he hits, he fights in the corner, he scored..

He's still slightly perimeterry (not a real word) in his play.. but.. when he, Patces and Lats all become NHLers.. this team might have some serious PF mojo.
He's always gone to the net and hit, he just seems stronger/thicker this year.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 07:22 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Is a woman, attracted to hobos, known as a hobosexual ?

AD, I was thinking last nigfht after the game that the hockey term, power forward, just a stolen basketball term, started being used to decsribe Cam Neely when his game emerged in Boston. I think that's the case. Then, as these things go, everyone had to have a pf, whether it be Tkazcuk or whoever. A lot of guys gotr drated to high then given up on him because they weren't what scouts dreamed they were going to be, Isbister,Kilger etc.

Andrei Kostitsyn does what you want a power forward to do, he can turn the corner with a powerful stride, d men have to back up and get support, he uses his strength, he's more sneaky dirty than he is a wrecking ball, but he has that arrogance about him, where he looks like he's going where he wants to, similar to Kovalev.

So, yeah, he plays that role, though we tend to picture different player types when we use that term.
By different you mean non-european.. I see how it is.

I see many people that still have difficulty calling Ovechkin a power forward..

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:01 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
By different you mean non-european.. I see how it is.

I see many people that still have difficulty calling Ovechkin a power forward..
That's true. I always defined a pf as a guy who says, 'I'm taking the puck, and I'm going wherever the hell I want with it' and that probably best describes Kovalev.

We'll describe Lats as a pf in the making when in reality his best attribute is taking up position and finishing. I think the quality you want in a power forward is the willingness to turn the corner on a d man with the puck, and separate a d man from the puck when he doesn't have it.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:31 AM
otto bond

What a laser of a shot! He now has some accuracy to go along with it. Aside from the bounce going all over the place, the guy did do well.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:57 AM
CH4

He is the complete deal, big, fast, huge shot, positioning etc...

I like what I see up to now.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote