HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs and Komi negotiating (per Pedneault on CKAC)

Old
10-12-2008, 11:06 PM
Rgolt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Bob Gainey is more important to this Franchise than a Komisarek.
of course gainey is more important than komi, heck hes more important than every player on the habs without gainey the habs would still be a less than mediocre team fighting for a playoff spot every year

IN BOB WE TRUST

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2008, 06:55 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolt View Post
of course gainey is more important than komi, heck hes more important than every player on the habs without gainey the habs would still be a less than mediocre team fighting for a playoff spot every year

IN BOB WE TRUST
Damnit, you stole my Thanksgiving grace.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:35 AM
kovalost27

Gainey isn't going to sign him for anything more than 4 million.

5 x 10 (6 forwards and 4 defencemen) is 50 million. That would leave us with 7 million for our bottom six and two and then fillers and two ways and goalies.

Probably going to be a 2 year 7.5 million contract. However, if he's into playing for lots of money instead of a winning hockey team, he can test it on waivers and get his 5-6 million by a team which is bad.

No negotiations will result in Gainey trading him for a prospect and picks.

I'm not gonna worry about any of this until I see he gets signed or he gets traded later on this year.

Oh yes, and all those people who think thats insulting. Lets see Komisarek replace Kovalev, Tanguay, Koivu and Lang.

Kovalev got 4.5 million and Koivu got 4.5 million contracts. For us to sign Komisarek at that amount would just be nuts.

Last edited by kovalost27: 10-14-2008 at 08:42 AM.
kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:43 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by grant1r View Post
Gainey isn't going to sign him for anything more than 4 million.

5 x 10 (6 forwards and 4 defencemen) is 50 million. That would leave us with 7 million for our bottom six and two and then fillers and two ways and goalies.

Probably going to be a 2 year 7.5 million contract. However, if he's into playing for lots of money instead of a winning hockey team, he can test it on waivers and get his 5-6 million by a team which is bad.

No negotiations will result in Gainey trading him for a prospect and picks.

I'm not gonna worry about any of this until I see he gets signed or he gets traded later on this year.

Oh yes, and all those people who think thats insulting. Lets see Komisarek replace Kovalev, Tanguay, Koivu and Lang.

Kovalev got 4.5 million and Koivu got 4.5 million contracts. For us to sign Komisarek at that amount would just be nuts.
Look at what d-men are getting on the UFA market, even with a home team discount, I think Komi gets in the 4.2 to 4.7 range. I think Gainey should get creative and give him longer term to reduce the cap hit, like 7 years 30 mil. I think on the UFA market he gets 5-6 years at 5 mil+ from somebody(Toronto?) as he is still young and had 5-7 years of prime let plus he is a great leader.

I would rather lose one of Koivu/Kovalev or Tanguay than Komi.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Look at what d-men are getting on the UFA market, even with a home team discount, I think Komi gets in the 4.2 to 4.7 range. I think Gainey should get creative and give him longer term to reduce the cap hit, like 7 years 30 mil. I think on the UFA market he gets 5-6 years at 5 mil+ from somebody(Toronto?) as he is still young and had 5-7 years of prime let plus he is a great leader.

I would rather lose one of Koivu/Kovalev or Tanguay than Komi.
I agree , I simply don't like the idea of him signing elsewhere.

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote