HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

(#5): 10/13/2008 New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers 7pm MSG (HD)

Old
10-14-2008, 09:00 AM
ThirdEye

vCash: 500
I didn't really like that the crowd seemed to get uneasy during the 5 on 3, even though we were up 3-1. Maybe that was just my imagination, but if not, please stop people

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:01 AM
JR#9*

it;s only one game but it never gets old taunting Marty who after yrs of playing so well against now routinely sh&*s the bed against us and Henrik absolutely has owned both him and the Devils.

and it's especially nice since the Devil fans have been crowing just how much everyone underestimates how vital Rolston and Holik would be to their lineup and it's simply because they are so used to adding the "C" level UFA's that they were doing backflips at being able to overpay in yrs for a nice 2 way player but not the gamebreaker/difference maker their anemic offense so deperately needed.

And to put him at center when he is a winger just shows how weak their are offensively down the middle where they have zero creativity nor puckcarrying ability.

And that is aplified by the same shortcoming amoung their subpar top 6 defenders that have zero ouckcarries nor anybody particularly strong at outlet passing nor advancing the puck up ice.

They'll be in the mix as far as playoff contention but unless they make some miracle trade where they rob somebody it will be same sold for the Devils this year.

As for the Rangers, Henrik looks sharp an the team, while still a work in progress are showing some very encouraging signs.

The top 6 on defense are playing well and are doing a great job managing the puck and the forwards are doing a fantastic job on the backcheck.

The Dubi line looks fantastic and the 1st line will get the offense going again.

I agree with whoever above said put Fritsche at C and move Korpi to the wing with Cally on the other wing.

Great win and even sweeter vs the Devils.

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:26 AM
WheresBarnaby

Game was a real good time. Rangers played well except for the second half of the second, and how much fun is Voros? I thought for sure the undefeated streak was over going into that one, based on the Devils wanting revenge.

Got some more autographs last night. Hank, Vally, Redden, and Staal, and Zherdev
My Leech jersey already had Gomez, Beukeboom, Graves, Sam and JD, and Betts on it. So my first Jersey is retired. I bought a new one and got Zherdev to sign my new soon to be Zherdev jersey. (and by that I mean I chased him down the block for it lol) Not a bad Birthday present!

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:31 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I didn't really like that the crowd seemed to get uneasy during the 5 on 3, even though we were up 3-1. Maybe that was just my imagination, but if not, please stop people
That's probably because too often last season, the team did nothing on 5 on 3's and they should be a gift. If the Rangers had been losing 2-1 at that time, that could've finished any hopes of coming back. We'll certainly need a 5-3 goal at least a few times during the season and they can't play it that bad. Of course it's way early and it's one of the few areas to complain about right now.

Old
10-14-2008, 09:58 AM
ap215

5-0 who would've thought of that. Good job Blueshirts.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
The 5 on 3 really needs some work, it looked terrible, with no clear plan.. much like last years.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Levitate

It was the same setup that scored in the preseason. It just didn't work last night.

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Vaheh

Send a message via MSN to Vaheh
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Game was a real good time. Rangers played well except for the second half of the second, and how much fun is Voros? I thought for sure the undefeated streak was over going into that one, based on the Devils wanting revenge.

Got some more autographs last night. Hank, Vally, Redden, and Staal, and Zherdev
My Leech jersey already had Gomez, Beukeboom, Graves, Sam and JD, and Betts on it. So my first Jersey is retired. I bought a new one and got Zherdev to sign my new soon to be Zherdev jersey. (and by that I mean I chased him down the block for it lol) Not a bad Birthday present!
Happy Birthday:hoc key:

Vaheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Mara was great. Playing physical, positionally sound, joining the rush... Looks great so far. If he can keep this level of play up for the whole season, he'll prove to be the steal on the off-season.

Kalinin was fine. He made a couple of silly plays, but also covered for Girardi on a couple of plays. All in all, he seems pretty solid to me.

Redden wasn't spectacular but he did nothing poorly, either. I know he's making a ******** of money, but still, if he can play sound defense and chip in some points on offense, I'll be happy no matter what.
What about on the one devils goal? Mara just stood there. Thats fine if there was a Devil on that side of the net, but there was no one, just Mara's big ass in the crease.

It was a solid game for us. The forwards did a great job at getting back and Henke held the fort when needed.

I cheered, but not my usual. Still have Alexei on the mind and probably will for sometime.

5-0 is a great start, but remember what Ottawa did last year, hope the guys just keep banging away.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:58 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I cheered, but not my usual. Still have Alexei on the mind and probably will for sometime.
Hockey just seems so insignificant to me at the moment. I'm glad we're 5-0, but I'd rather be 0-5 and have him back with us. This one hit me pretty hard.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Hockey just seems so insignificant to me at the moment. I'm glad we're 5-0, but I'd rather be 0-5 and have him back with us. This one hit me pretty hard.
Yeah, for diehards like us who follow all the prospects(been doing it since Leetch was in college) its a huge punch in the gut, as a fan and as a human being.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I agree. Chere could've been one of the best.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 05:26 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah, for diehards like us who follow all the prospects(been doing it since Leetch was in college) its a huge punch in the gut, as a fan and as a human being.
Watching him fall to the Rangers at 17th pick in 2007 was one of the greatest joys I've gotten following this team. For that alone, I thank him. The sadness as a fan is not watching him complete the journey that started for us that night. The deeper sadness is seeing a life come to such an abrupt ending.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 06:07 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
It was the same setup that scored in the preseason. It just didn't work last night.
Key word bolded.

That type of PP isn't going to work in the regular season, it really did look like nobody knew where to go, no set plan at all.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:56 PM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaheh View Post
Happy Birthday:hoc key:
Thank you lol