HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

From the draft

Closed Thread

Old
06-29-2004, 03:30 PM
S_O_T_I

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
SOTI---A question on Blackburn for you. ...This may have already been talked about in other threads but I couldn't find it...I didn't want to start a stand alone thread so here goes...

Do you have any info on what the Rangers are thinking (not reporting) about Blackburn's recovery?

I was at the draft on Saturday and sitting near the floor..After the Montoya pick, a few friends were talking to a distinguished looking white haired guy (we first thought he was with the Rangers but then thought he was just on Security detail!! Who knows!!) who came over to us Ranger fans to praise the pick of Montoya because of his ability, his potential "community" implications, and the fact that Blackburn was "done"....We didn't really beleive this but later on, ex Daily News Baet Writer Frank Brown was talking with us and kinda saying the same things, except for Blackburn's nerve being "uncertain" and not "finished"...

Just wondering if the Rangers, contrary to reports, are very afraid about Blackburn's recovery and if anything is being hidden.....Or if they just loved Montoya as the BPA...Or both!
He's not done. I saw him work out a couple of weeks ago and he was taking shots. He's going to need some time but I think he COULD make it back. The fact that they took Montoya is an indication that there is a question mark, but I have not heard that he's done.

Old
06-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Broadway Brett

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_O_T_I
No need to go there.

I was not trying to insult anyone, by the tone of his posts, he sounded young and therefore I'm not going use any of his posts in my research.
Don't listen to them. It's a shame they has such disrespect for a great poster as yourself. I wish I could be a hundreth of the poster that you are. I love your information, and once I see the name "S_O_T_I", I go straight to that thread. Don't listen to them, they're just jealous. YOU ARE THE BEST S_O_T_I!!!!!

Old
06-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_O_T_I
No need to go there.

I was not trying to insult anyone, by the tone of his posts, he sounded young and therefore I'm not going use any of his posts in my research.
I recently turned 30. Please update your records.

Old
06-29-2004, 05:51 PM
pld459666

Regarding Blackburn

There's a major difference between Nerve Damage and an impinged nerve and what Danny had to deal with was an impinged nerve for the last year.

Had the Doc's figured this out in October when he showed no signed of progress and simply went in then, Dan Blackburn would have been playing in January.

Now that he went a full year without doing anything in terms of strength conditioning on that arm, his muscles have disappeared, his strength is shot and with that so is his speed and coordination. But that all comes back when the strength comes back. Figure he had surgery 2 months ago (April if I'm not mistaken), with his arm useless for almost a year it's going to take a while for him to get back to where he needs to be.

I had a bone spurr removed from my shoulder and it took me 6-7 weeks of rehab (twice a week) to get back to playing and according to my PT I made better progress than she expected. Had I not done anything with my arm for close to 9 months prior to surgery that time frame would double at least and that's me, for Danny, we are talking about someone who lost more muscle tone than I did and he's coming back from that.

Guaranteed, by mid July there are going to be glowing reports as to how good this kid looks.

It wasn't a serious Injury, it was a serious mis-diagnosed injury that cost Dan a whole season.

Old
06-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
SOTI---A question on Blackburn for you. ...This may have already been talked about in other threads but I couldn't find it...I didn't want to start a stand alone thread so here goes...

Do you have any info on what the Rangers are thinking (not reporting) about Blackburn's recovery?

I was at the draft on Saturday and sitting near the floor..After the Montoya pick, a few friends were talking to a distinguished looking white haired guy (we first thought he was with the Rangers but then thought he was just on Security detail!! Who knows!!) who came over to us Ranger fans to praise the pick of Montoya because of his ability, his potential "community" implications, and the fact that Blackburn was "done"....We didn't really beleive this but later on, ex Daily News Baet Writer Frank Brown was talking with us and kinda saying the same things, except for Blackburn's nerve being "uncertain" and not "finished"...

Just wondering if the Rangers, contrary to reports, are very afraid about Blackburn's recovery and if anything is being hidden.....Or if they just loved Montoya as the BPA...Or both!
Larry
im going with SOTI and PLD on this one, blackie had a semi-serious injury, not serious in that it is career threatening, but serious enough because he missed so much time and couldnt work out, he will get back to his form in time with hard work and the rangers need to help him by givging him the load in hartford and getting a goaltending coach to help him progress and get back to form

the pick of Montoya shows me two things:
1) the rangers drafted the best player available, something we should be doing with a top 6 pick, not drafting for a positional need now because who knows if a need this year will be a need in 3 years
2) we just provided a bit of insurance to the one position that has really plagued this team ever since richter's knee problems began, we never found or developed a goalie to fill his shoes, so now we will have 3 blue chip goalies, lets hope one of them can become a legit starter

look if blackburn, lundqvist, and montoya are all ready by next season to play in the nhl then we are a lucky team

i think blackie will make a full recovery physically, but its up to the ranger organization to get him a goalie coach who can take him to the next level

Old
06-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
Larry
im going with SOTI and PLD on this one, blackie had a semi-serious injury, not serious in that it is career threatening, but serious enough because he missed so
Jane - I was only asking a question based on what I heard from several sources. I have no clue whatsoever.. The proof will be in the pudding, er, playing...

Old
06-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Jane - I was only asking a question based on what I heard from several sources. I have no clue whatsoever.. The proof will be in the pudding, er, playing...
larry
sorry i should have rephrased that, i knew u were only asking a question, but basically as my post said i tend to agree with soti and PLD while disagreeing with what u heard

but i sure hope thats right, i really like blackburn and i think he did so much for the rangers, giving them a chance to win everynight when richter got hurt before he was overplayed, i just hope he makes a full recovery and gets the support he needs to become the star he can be at the pro-level

Old
06-29-2004, 07:49 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
I recently turned 30. Please update your records.
I'm 30. I'm devilishly handsome. I like long walks on the beach. I'm afraid of clowns.

Old
06-29-2004, 08:08 PM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd
I'm 30. I'm devilishly handsome. I like long walks on the beach. I'm afraid of clowns.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I'm engaged, male, and heterosexual. No offense taken.

Old
06-30-2004, 10:42 AM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I'm engaged, male, and heterosexual. No offense taken.
You two want a room?

Old
07-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Broadway Brett

SOTI: Do you know where the Rangers had Zdenek Bahensky?

Closed Thread