HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 3 - 10/13/08 - Nashville @ Chicago - 7:30 PM Central

Old
10-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaner89 View Post
Leaf fan here.... Hornqvist is an absolute stud in the making. He busts his ass off every shift and the kid obviously has talent. Its just a matter of time before things start clicking for him. More PP would surely help.

I agree if he could get some time on pp then he could score for sure.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:33 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda of the chains View Post
I think it takes some proven NHL minutes for a player to get Trotz's trust in crunch time like the 3rd of a tie game. A few more nights like last night and the Dallas game and Klein will be there. He continues his solid play. Now I almost choked when I saw the two pylons out there together (DeVries and Zanon).
DeVries, I thought, last year got kind of a bad rap. He's slow, but he was generally pretty steady and reliable.

This year, he deserves whatever he gets. Blackhawks second goal comes as a result of his botched clear, followed up by his practically standing ON Ellis and getting in the way\impeding the safe. He makes bad decisions with the puck, he's slower than ever. All for nearly 3 million dollars.

Zanon is someone I've never been a fan of. He blocks shots. That's all he does. He's a liability in every other way. Yet these guys see time while Klein gets punished for who knows what.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:18 AM
w00t

All I can think of is that Klein was being punished for his slashing penalty, which ironically led to his goal.

w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Jarnberg

Klein has looked very solid.

I saw a neutral zone turn over last night, but that pales in comparison to de Vries and Zanon's mistakes.

But we've seen this before with Trotz.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:48 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I would think a more sound coaching approach would be to split time between DeVries and Zanon. Certainly you do not want the two of them together-- they have to be paired with someone who has the wheels to recover if they get caught flat-footed.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4000
Hamhuis does look strong and he's only 25. This is the D that is going to be a force for years. That is really something to stay excited about.

From minute 1 of the 3rd period we were playing for OT. That scared the bajebus out of me.

Also, I was proud of that National Anthem and the crowd singing. I would love for our openings to be like that instead of 2 minutes of silence followed by a red neck or two yelling something unintelligable. I digress..

Ellis is the man.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 01:27 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Hamhuis does look strong and he's only 25. This is the D that is going to be a force for years. That is really something to stay excited about.

From minute 1 of the 3rd period we were playing for OT. That scared the bajebus out of me.

Also, I was proud of that National Anthem and the crowd singing. I would love for our openings to be like that instead of 2 minutes of silence followed by a red neck or two yelling something unintelligable. I digress..

Ellis is the man.
I disagree with the anthem, I think it's something that should be silent or people singing, not clapping and screaming and blowing that stupid hawk whistle the whole time.

Old
10-14-2008, 01:29 PM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Yeah, I had heard about the Chicago tradition but never saw what it was like-- that is pretty neat. And it is good for the NHL that the Blackhawk faithful are in revival. For 76 games they can go to town, as far as I am concerned.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Soundgarden

Anybody hear J.P. talking in the call to the locker room, he said something like "ya know we know about something" it was quite funny.