HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Stajan odd man out among forwards

Old
10-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire61 View Post
what the hell is rocket surgery lol
Thats where you perform surgery on a rocket...

Geez, some people...I tell ya....

Spazmatic Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 12:19 PM
mooseOAK*

"This is hockey, OK? It's not rocket surgery. If you don't play this game with a big heart and a big bag of knuckles in front of the net, you ain't got dinky doo."

- Donnie Shulzhoffer (Mike Myers' Don Cherry-esque character in the Mystery, Alaska movie)

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Roo

Stajan has had his streches of good play as a leaf. Overall though, he lacks the qualities to be a solid player for us. His offensive game, scoring, and vision make him anything but a top 2 center for an NHL team. With proper linemates, maybe, but not on this leaf team. As a checking line center, he showed some promise.

However, I suggest that you checking line center should also be a strong physical player, one that Stajan is not. I feel we would get more out of this type of player, especially in a playoff series, as they can physically wear down the opposition's top offensive players. If I was building a team, that is the type of player I would look for. Quick, strong, physical, and good on faceoffs.

Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Stajan is the 2nd coming of Mike Peca, and anything less than a 8th rounder is appropriate compensation.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote