HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How to act like a proper gentleman during a Game: The Guidelines

Old
10-03-2008, 12:37 AM
1UP

vCash: 500
Very important.

When, after having consumed your soft drink or perrier, you require to relax the tension in your bladder muscles, please follow these guidelines on male restroom etiquette.

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

No sax before game time.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 03:24 PM
roy munson
Bon voyage capitaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
35. Do like Leafs fans and read newspapers during the game, that way you won't be annoyed when the other team scores, win/win situation...especially if you have a Photo Police to read.
LOL! Are those still around?!?

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Bobby G

Can we not boo Ryder please? What did he ever do to us, he gave it his all had 3 great seasons. The team never had any faith in him and when he finally struggled they got rid of him.

He has never said any ill words against the Habs, which is pretty impressive with they way he was treated last year.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Habskrieg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Can we not boo Ryder please? What did he ever do to us, he gave it his all had 3 great seasons. The team never had any faith in him and when he finally struggled they got rid of him.

He has never said any ill words against the Habs, which is pretty impressive with they way he was treated last year.
Go QQ. For most of us it's just a game we want to have fun with, however that may be. For the record I would have given him another chance. But what ever... Ef that and loosen up is all i got to say.

Habskrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Bobby G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupmonger View Post
Go QQ. For most of us it's just a game we want to have fun with, however that may be. For the record I would have given him another chance. But what ever... Ef that and loosen up is all i got to say.
Not sure what QQ means, but i'm all for having fun. Its just there are wayyy more deserving bruins to get boo'ed.

Bobby G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
SpreeEndaz

Rule #1338: If you are about to splash a Flyers player in the penalty box with your beer, make sure he is not allergic to starch beforehand.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 04:31 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
What? Is this a tutorial on how to be a sens fan?
I'll have you know that we refer to ourselves collectively as "hockey diplomats" and not "Senators fans".

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I'll have you know that we refer to ourselves collectively as "hockey diplomats" and not "Senators fans".
That explains the snoring.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 04:54 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
That explains the snoring.
You ever have your spouse visibly angry about snoring ? Like you made a conscious choice to annoy them while you were sleeping ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
You ever have your spouse visibly angry about snoring ? Like you made a conscious choice to annoy them while you were sleeping ?
Yes, my better half has accused me of snoring. She, of course, would never snore. Of course not. I am apparently also the only one who farts in bed.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Yes, my better half has accused me of snoring. She, of course, would never snore. Of course not. I am apparently also the only one who farts in bed.
You sound like a bitter men...

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I might have missed some... sorry if these are repetitive:

#1339:
If you boo during a national anthem, make sure you do it because you're booing the opposite team (which is presumably located in the nation corresponding to the anthem) and not for any political reasons. Hockey is fun. Politics is too serious to have an opinion worth making a funny noise about.

#1340:
If by chance you have a player on your team named "Pavel Bure" or "Louie Debrusk" or (any other name with an "ooo" sound in it) please use discretion in choosing the appropriate elements of their fore- or surnames to chant, in order to avoid confusing visiting fans, and most particularly to avoid causing announcers to say "they're not booing, they're ____-ing").

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:00 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
OMG. A Sens fan with a sense of humour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
Rule #1338: If you are about to splash a Flyers player in the penalty box with your beer, make sure he is not allergic to starch beforehand.
Rule #1338.5: Don't waste your beer on a Flyers player in the sin bin unless someone else paid for it.

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:15 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
OMG. A Sens fan with a sense of humour!

Rule #1338.5: Don't waste your beer on a Flyers player in the sin bin unless someone else paid for it.
I'm shocked. You must have had a tough day at work or are in the middle of hostage negotiation.

Never insult someone who buys you beer by spilling it on someone, unless said buyer expresses that wish.

I know, we all make mistakes.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:27 PM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
I'm shocked. You must have had a tough day at work or are in the middle of hostage negotiation.

Never insult someone who buys you beer by spilling it on someone, unless said buyer expresses that wish.

I kinda concur with this, except if it's a Coors Light, since it's not really beer.

Old
10-14-2008, 11:54 PM
anarmandaleb

Quote:

Quote:
I kinda concur with this, except if it's a Coors Light, since it's not really beer.
Wouldn't know, I'm more of a vodka tonic kind of girl

Hey Spraulie, can I buy you a beer?

anarmandaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:02 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
Wouldn't know, I'm more of a vodka tonic kind of girl

Hey Spraulie, can I buy you a beer?
Sure, who am I supposed to spill it on ?

Old
10-15-2008, 02:51 AM
VirginiaMtlExpat
Iggy button advocate

Quote:
Sure, who am I supposed to spill it on ?
So this is how these Beaker Lil Winger threads get started.

VirginiaMtlExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 03:05 AM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Not sure what QQ means, but i'm all for having fun. Its just there are wayyy more deserving bruins to get boo'ed.
Explanation on QQ.

QQing, or as most used, "QQ n00b", is an internet d00dtalk expression that has it's roots in Warcraft 3. To quit a game, the hotkey is Alt+Q - Q. So, when somebody was losing and throwing the generic 13 year old loser tantrum, the correct answer was "QQ n00b".

Sadly, this noble use was tainted by players for World of Warcraft, who have destroyed the meaning from an high quality and classy GTFO to a simple "go whine somewhere else". QQing, now, has, for these idiots, the same meaning as whining endlessly.

The actual internet d00dtalk message for this is T_T, which is the actual "eyes crying" smilie.

So, you can say that not only did the guy said something stupid as you weren't exactly whining, but he also doesn't even know what he's saying and trying to look cool.

1UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 04:42 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Explanation on QQ.

QQing, or as most used, "QQ n00b", is an internet d00dtalk expression that has it's roots in Warcraft 3. To quit a game, the hotkey is Alt+Q - Q. So, when somebody was losing and throwing the generic 13 year old loser tantrum, the correct answer was "QQ n00b".

Sadly, this noble use was tainted by players for World of Warcraft, who have destroyed the meaning from an high quality and classy GTFO to a simple "go whine somewhere else". QQing, now, has, for these idiots, the same meaning as whining endlessly.

The actual internet d00dtalk message for this is T_T, which is the actual "eyes crying" smilie.

So, you can say that not only did the guy said something stupid as you weren't exactly whining, but he also doesn't even know what he's saying and trying to look cool.
Well that's a great way to start a convincing argument!

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 06:43 AM
SpreeEndaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanyMontrealExpat View Post
So this is how these Beaker Lil Winger threads get started.
Many things get started by a beer. Nevertheless, I already made the Spree-Harry thread, I can't betray him now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1UP View Post
Explanation on QQ.

For real ? I thought the Qs represent the eyes with tears in the corner.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-15-2008 at 07:50 AM.