HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#2 -- Canadiens at Flyers -- October 13, 2008 -- 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Murphy7
Drop the puck

vCash: 500
I talked to these two great families that made the trip from Montreal. One had their 8-year-old son with them and he enjoyed the full wrath of f-bombs and No. 1 salutes without making a sound. His father said they come down to Philly every chance they get because it is a beautiful city and the arena is great (and so clean compared to places like Boston). He said the verbal abuse last night was nothing like the playoffs, and that they come expecting it. I felt bad for them because it's nothing like that for visitors (visiteurs) at the Bell Centre.

Murphy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
who's Victorino?
A god amongst men.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 05:37 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Blame the losses on Sarah Palin.
Actually, I'm taking full responsibility for last night's loss. I made the mistake of wearing my Coburn jersey after wearing it during the loss to the Rags.

I'm sorry everyone. It'll never happen again!!

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Claude Reigns
What offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Actually, I'm taking full responsibility for last night's loss. I made the mistake of wearing my Coburn jersey after wearing it during the loss to the Rags.

I'm sorry everyone. It'll never happen again!!
I wore my Coburn both times too. One of us definitely needs to change.

Claude Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 07:38 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
I talked to these two great families that made the trip from Montreal. One had their 8-year-old son with them and he enjoyed the full wrath of f-bombs and No. 1 salutes without making a sound. His father said they come down to Philly every chance they get because it is a beautiful city and the arena is great (and so clean compared to places like Boston). He said the verbal abuse last night was nothing like the playoffs, and that they come expecting it. I felt bad for them because it's nothing like that for visitors (visiteurs) at the Bell Centre.
I know it's a different setting, but it was absolutely like that and more for the USA/Canada World Cup game a few years back.

pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy7 View Post
They dumped beer on Mike Richards in the playoffs last year...and someone a-hole threw a banana at Kevin Weekes a few years back. Montreal has zero claims to moral superiority over any city in the league.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 05:29 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
They dumped beer on Mike Richards in the playoffs last year...and someone a-hole threw a banana at Kevin Weekes a few years back. Montreal has zero claims to moral superiority over any city in the league.
Let's not forget their lovely behavior after winning the Cup in 1993. And how about last year after beating Boston in the first round?

Speaking of which, who was it who said Briere didn't sign with the Canadiens because he really liked his car? That was classic.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 05:52 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
was it a caps fan that threw that pizza box on carter last year? my playoff rounds are mixed up.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 06:28 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
was it a caps fan that threw that pizza box on carter last year? my playoff rounds are mixed up.
Carter got hit with a plastic bottle and a pizza box was thrown at someone - Lupul maybe?

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote