HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you guys recall for Hecht? Mancari?

Old
10-14-2008, 07:15 PM
CrossCheck

vCash: 500
Who do you guys recall for Hecht? Mancari?

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;...v=ap&type=lgns

CrossCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 07:19 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

It'll probably just be Ellis, who has been scratched.

As it is, Hecht has been playing center, so calling up a winger doesn't make too much sense. Zagrapan would get the call first.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikeGiftingMan View Post
It'll probably just be Ellis, who has been scratched.

As it is, Hecht has been playing center, so calling up a winger doesn't make too much sense. Zagrapan would get the call first.
Agreed. 100%. But I would like to see Zags up at sometime this year.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:36 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Although we all hate to see injuries, in some respects, there are a few palatable things with Gaustad, Connolly, Hecht, all hurt, which takes some of the hurt off of it:
In no order:

1. Ellis stays up with the big club, more time to learn the players and the system.

2. Mair will get 15 min a game instead of 10. MacArthur will get close to 15. Kaleta should get 10 min. Peters, if he keeps up the good start might even see 10 min a game.

3. Less pressure on the club to win.

4. They'll have to play more as a team, and stay on their backchecking with so many of them playing more minutes with unacustomed linemates or positions.

5. Trial some different special teams combinations (if you liked the craptastic salad, try the hot and cold craptastic buffet).

6. Guys like Paille, Stafford, Peters, CMac, whom we feel are off to a good start given their role and expectation, will have plenty of chance to keep it rolling. [Far better than to be in a funk when the injury bug bites.]

7. Guys in Portland will push harder, knowing a callup could be closer.

8. Max will continue to get a chance to show whether he should be dealt or kept past February.

9. The Austrian penalty killing experiment continues.

10. When 4 of the top 5 d-men are out for game 7 of this year's ECF, BUF will be battle-tested.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:54 PM
ohheyimmark

I guess I would try and keep as many of the lines the same as possible.

Vanek Roy Stafford
Paille Cmac Jpoms
Kotalik Mair Max
Peters Ellis Kaleta

Third game into the season, and 3 of our 4 centers are out. Hurray.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:58 PM
ColonelForbin

Why can't they call up Zagrapan again? The trip from Portland to NYC isn't exactly a big one. Yeah Ellis can step in, but they could use another offensive center in the lineup.

ColonelForbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Stone87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
Why can't they call up Zagrapan again? The trip from Portland to NYC isn't exactly a big one. Yeah Ellis can step in, but they could use another offensive center in the lineup.
They probably don't want to unless they put Connolly on IR. Wouldn't want him to be unavailable if by some miracle he actually feels like playing (Due to the 7 Day rule or whatever it is).

Stone87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian_griffin View Post
Although we all hate to see injuries, in some respects, there are a few palatable things with Gaustad, Connolly, Hecht, all hurt, which takes some of the hurt off of it:
In no order:

1. Ellis stays up with the big club, more time to learn the players and the system.

2. Mair will get 15 min a game instead of 10. MacArthur will get close to 15. Kaleta should get 10 min. Peters, if he keeps up the good start might even see 10 min a game.

3. Less pressure on the club to win.

4. They'll have to play more as a team, and stay on their backchecking with so many of them playing more minutes with unacustomed linemates or positions.

5. Trial some different special teams combinations (if you liked the craptastic salad, try the hot and cold craptastic buffet).

6. Guys like Paille, Stafford, Peters, CMac, whom we feel are off to a good start given their role and expectation, will have plenty of chance to keep it rolling. [Far better than to be in a funk when the injury bug bites.]

7. Guys in Portland will push harder, knowing a callup could be closer.

8. Max will continue to get a chance to show whether he should be dealt or kept past February.

9. The Austrian penalty killing experiment continues.

10. When 4 of the top 5 d-men are out for game 7 of this year's ECF, BUF will be battle-tested.
If Peters ever gets 10 minutes a game, I'm throwing myself out of my 2nd floor window.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Vito_81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afino View Post
If Peters ever gets 10 minutes a game, I'm throwing myself out of my 2nd floor window.
Better drag your mattress outside before the game starts

Vito_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 02:44 AM
The Zookeep

Not one mention of Gerbe? He scored two beauties in the preseason and proved he could make an impact. No need to coddle prospects all the time... lets see what he can do.

The Zookeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 03:05 AM
Luceni

Gerbe's play is much too offensive to replace Hecht. We need a guy who can do the dirty work too. Let Gerbe develop for a while in the AHL and later in the year, if Afinogenov, Stafford or Kotalik is out I would give him a shot but not after 2 games in the new season.

This would be my lines:

Vanek Roy Stafford
Paille Cmac Jpoms
Kotalik Mair Max
Peters Ellis Kaleta

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 07:57 AM
The Real

I really think that Ellis will be the guy. No call ups this time.

I'm jumping the gun a bit here but I'm hoping a few guys get traded as the year goes on and some of the new guys get a sniff of the NHL. It has to be assumed that guys like Gerbe, Kennedy and Zagrapan are in the long term plans. Guys like Max, Kotalik and Connolly are out the door. I'd hope that the Sabres would have the foresight to let these guys get a taste of the NHL before next year so they don't come in wet behind the ears.

The Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 09:15 AM
joshjull

No need to call anyone up yet. Ellis will just get inserted into the lineup.

If they keep with their efforts to improve their team defense they will be fine.

This is another reason why focusing on defense is important. It takes the heat of offensively when there are injuries

Last edited by joshjull: 10-15-2008 at 10:15 AM.
joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
The Bored Warrior
Ted Nolan Hates Me!!

A call-up is needed because you need an extra forward in case of a practice injury why not call-up Darche?? He can just sit in the press box and collect dust while Ellis plays. plus you wouldn't be hurting anything because it is not you have future plans for Darche anyway.

The Bored Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

"A call-up is needed because you need an extra forward in case of a practice injury why not call-up Darche?? "

Paetsch is still up, can play wing. No callup needed. Remember, Sabres never cut to the minimum number because Gaustad was put on IR before the season started.

brian_griffin is offline   Reply With Quote