HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryder Returns - Don't Boo

Old
10-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I booed him during the pre-season because it was funny. I have nothing against the guy.
Same here.

Boston fans booed Kovalev aswell for absolutely no reason and i dont give a ****. They can boo all of our players if they want, i dont see it as disespectful.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:23 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
He's gonna get booed no matter what. Of course he doesn't deserve it, but that's just how things go here.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:25 PM
mcphee

I'd like to think that I would scream insults at a player if something happened on the ice to cause me to get excited, a cheapshot maybe, a bad call, that's about it.

I used to scream insults at opposing players at junior games, and boo everyone, but y'know, I was 16.

So people are free to do what they want, but I'm free to think that my goat is better company.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:30 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I'd like to think that I would scream insults at a player if something happened on the ice to cause me to get excited, a cheapshot maybe, a bad call, that's about it.

I used to scream insults at opposing players at junior games, and boo everyone, but y'know, I was 16.

So people are free to do what they want, but I'm free to think that my goat is better company.
If by any way, I can get one of these player out of his game for what could be only 1 second, I'll be happy. Because I'll have contributed to help the team I cheer.

Every Habs fan going to the game : Don't be shy and boo him. He was a crap in the playoffs, throwing paper planes instead of actually caring for his teamates. He always thought himself first, was not a great team player, and was just a puck hog.

He does not deserve any GREAT special treatment... That being said, if I was attending a game versus the Islanders, I would actually applaude Mark Streit in the beginning of the game, because HE, in my opinion, is what I call a great team player.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Nedved

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. paperplane, paperplane, paperplane, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ryder sucks. boooooo

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 10:58 PM
Zinger

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Burn Ryder Burn

Zinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:00 PM
habsfan56

lets just boo the whole freakin team (the bruins i mean)

Last edited by habsfan56: 10-14-2008 at 11:11 PM.
habsfan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:06 PM
goalchenyuk

i don't like the boo boo birds ; they are focusing on the wrong players . You want to make some noise ? you want to be the 7 th player of the Habs on the ice ? than call the name of Kovalev , call the name of Koivu , Komisarek , Latendresse , Kostitsyn or Price .

Habs players are not going to work harder when the fans boo Chara . But they will if they feel that the fans are with them

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Lone Rogue

I'd rather we act like he doesn't exist and spend our time booing Lucic.

That said, Hab fans pay for expensive tickets then goto the games. They can cheer the opposing team if they damn well please. They purchased that right. Don't like it? Shut the game off.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:16 PM
onice

vCash: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
If by any way, I can get one of these player out of his game for what could be only 1 second, I'll be happy. Because I'll have contributed to help the team I cheer.
You really think your boos are gonna throw an nhl hockey player off his game? Only if you accompany those boos with a brick aimed at his legs or head. But go on and think that you're contributing to their winning if it makes you feel better.

I think I, too, prefer the company of mcphee's goats. I'll bet they talk more sense than some Habs' fans.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Ryder will get booed by a small but loud minority and a thread will be made on the main board calling all habs fans clasless jerks.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:30 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
You really think your boos are gonna throw an nhl hockey player off his game? Only if you accompany those boos with a brick aimed at his legs or head. But go on and think that you're contributing to their winning if it makes you feel better.

I think I, too, prefer the company of mcphee's goats. I'll bet they talk more sense than some Habs' fans.
Are you emo?

MY boos are not going to get him out of his game... but MY boos along with about 200 fans boos are going to.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:31 PM
deandebean

Come on, man. The guy signed with the arch enemy (even though they are our biatch). You expect us to applaud? It's like Johnny Damon signing with the Yanks. You think Bāstin fans were applauding?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-14-2008 at 11:48 PM.
deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I don't think people realize how fun it is to boo. I like Ryder, I'd probably like it if no one boos him. But I know if I was there, I'd most likely join in on the booing. It's hella easier on the throat than cheering and it gets you more into the game. Hell I booed Hollweg during a preseason Leafs-Sabres game while wearing a Habs jersey and the Sabres fans around me joined in. Too bad he doesn't get any icetime.

He signed with the Bruins, I swear he said somewhere he was expecting boos.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Ryder will get booed by a small but loud minority and a thread will be made on the main board calling all habs fans clasless jerks.
Absolutely. 'Cause booing Ryder is classless but calling Habs fans names, saying that we are classless and disrecpectful is fine.

Some people are just trying to criticize the Habs fans at a time when we should concentrate on the positive and when we're at a time that we are succesful again.

It's been 15 ****in years since we haven't had a great team and since our arena wasn't rockin like it is right now. So instead of understanding that with all of that comes some events like booing our ex-players, we concentrate on that and start a thread for every ****in event that has not even happened yet. So we have pre-booing thread, we will have an actual booing thread, and a post-booing thread.

I think to settle this, shouldn't we start by saying how classless we are, acknowledge it and move on? People will then say that we should all be against and stop accepting this....well what can we do? That's how the crowd is. If you're not happy with this and really want to change how things work at the Bell Centre, start buying some tickets, and go pummeled the guys who boos.....you might then be able to stop the ones that are doing.

Until then, that's who we are. And I'll repeat this, as much as we have the redundant threads about the same ex-players that are doing great elsewhere, I do personnally hate the same redundants threads about the classless crowd at the Bell Centre.

And should I also remember the anti-Habs fans crowd that for every Ryder, and ex-players that are getting booed, there's a Chelios that is getting a standing ovation last year, there's some frenchies that are absolutely cheered when they are doing well and are chosen as one of the three stars and so on....But strangely, we NEVER hear about what the crowd does best.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Hawkguy
Hockey's Back!!

I will never boo Ryder for the things he did while wearing the CH. The game against the Leafs two years ago, he was the only player to show up. In the comeback of the century he was a huge part of the win. He did so much for this team and I respect him.

Hawkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:49 PM
WeezyHabFan

Don't Boo Ryder !!

Yo, first thread and I'd just like to say that we should not boo poor michael ryder on our home opener! But instead Zdeno Chara! (two people to boo, is just too many!)

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Le Tricolore
Franchise Players

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=561941

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 11:59 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino View Post
No chance... I'm 100% sure they're will be fans at the Bell Center who are still bitter towards him...
bitter for what exactly?

he scored 27, 30 and 30.

Last season was horrible for him, but I can forgive him for that! That's not a reason to be bitter towards him!

Seriously, people need to grow up!

Captain Saku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:14 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
Exactly. Though it can totally be taken the other way around. It's freakin booing......I've never hear anybody being rushed to an hospital for excessive booing.....Any gestures towards the players that could be dangerous, like throwing things or any other gestures should be condemn...but frickin' booing?

Obviously, it won't happen to most other arenas out there 'cause they're either not enough people to be called a crowd, or not awake enough to open their mouth....We have an active/reactive crowd at the Bell Centre, with some people not being the smartest ones (booing Brisebois, saying SHOOOOOOT to powerplays, couting 5-4-3....to our PK just to be sure that team on the PP know that our player will be coming out of the box pretty soon....), but still having some fun in the process.

Not the greatest crowd, not the brightest crowd, but because of those 21,273 fans that most people in this board hate so much 'cause they're so classless, we're able with an intelligent organization to be at the top of the salary cap and can finally be competitive.

Not defending them but just saying how it is.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Rushin Joo

Send a message via MSN to Rushin Joo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascov View Post
bitter for what exactly?

he scored 27, 30 and 30.

Last season was horrible for him, but I can forgive him for that! That's not a reason to be bitter towards him!

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=481099

I bet you really love this thread.

Rushin Joo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:41 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
The fans will boo though, I'd applaud Ryder for his most successful years todate in montreal. He was a great player who just didn't fit in with our ever-changing style/roster. The guy has class, and although we might not want him here, it is no reason to boo the guy after all those years of being a Hab. I'd not do that to Saku if he was traded, nor Kovalev, so show Ryder some respect.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:42 AM
Shred

Why are we so quick to dismiss how making another thread about not booing Ryder is not acting like a proper gentleman?

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 01:07 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
We won't boo Streit (I hope atleast but you never know...) and Ryder has given much more to the organization. Imagine booing Huet!
He chose to sign with boston, our biggest rivals... he could've gone anywhere but he chose to go to our biggest rival. He gets booed.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Stradale

Some people talks like if Ryder won 3-4 stanley cups here or something. ''He scored 30 goals here and blablabla.. he shouldnt be booed''. Boo hoo hoo! This is sport, you cheer for your team, and booed the opponents. The Bruins fans booed Kovalev when he has the puck aswell and i dont ****ing care! I wouldnt say they are classless because of that. I hope you guys, that is crying out loud about fan booing Ryder, dont watch basketball! Even Michael Jordan gets booed on free throws, the fans even try to make him lose his concentration with all these stuffs behind the basket. OMFG!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote