HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

When will 2009 hockey gear be released?

Old
08-10-2008, 08:40 AM
night-timer

vCash: 500
When will 2009 hockey gear be released?

I am planning on getting some new equipment, but before doing, so I'm curious to know when manufacturers will be releasing their '09 ranges of protective gear. Does this occur at roughly the same time each year?

night-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2008, 09:59 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I don't know if anyone knows when they're being released, but it's definitely worth looking into last year's gear when they come out with new stuff. A lot of places lower the prices, and 90% of the time it's practically the same equipment as the new gear.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Brodeur

New stuff usually starts popping up in the spring time, although I vaguely remember a handful of new items with an October-ish release date this year.

But I wholeheartedly agree with JLHockeyKnight about going for the "old and busted" gear instead of the latest and greatest.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 03:31 AM
night-timer

Thanks for the replies.

I am especially interested in replacing my shoulder pads and elbow pads when the new RBK '09 stuff is released. I found a supposed release date at this link (below), but they still haven't announced those new products like they said they would:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080828/mo302.html?.v=1

The link says:

"MONTREAL, Aug. 28 - Reebok Hockey is pleased to announce its partnership with the NHL and the National Hockey League Players' Association for the 2008 NHL Premiere Series in Stockholm, Sweden and Prague, Czech Republic taking place on October 4th and 5th.

At the Premiere Series, Reebok Hockey will unveil its 2009 global hockey product line and activate a major in-arena brand marketing campaign. The NHL Premiere Series will allow Reebok to connect with European hockey consumers by creating a unique and compelling brand experience within an authentic hockey environment.

"The 2008 NHL Premiere Series is a key platform for the global launch of our new 2009 line of Reebok hockey products," said Len Rhodes, General Manager of Reebok Hockey."

--- A week has gone by and still no news of new RBK products.

night-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 01:22 AM
ModSquad

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-timer View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I am especially interested in replacing my shoulder pads and elbow pads when the new RBK '09 stuff is released. I found a supposed release date at this link (below), but they still haven't announced those new products like they said they would:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080828/mo302.html?.v=1

The link says:

"MONTREAL, Aug. 28 - Reebok Hockey is pleased to announce its partnership with the NHL and the National Hockey League Players' Association for the 2008 NHL Premiere Series in Stockholm, Sweden and Prague, Czech Republic taking place on October 4th and 5th.

At the Premiere Series, Reebok Hockey will unveil its 2009 global hockey product line and activate a major in-arena brand marketing campaign. The NHL Premiere Series will allow Reebok to connect with European hockey consumers by creating a unique and compelling brand experience within an authentic hockey environment.

"The 2008 NHL Premiere Series is a key platform for the global launch of our new 2009 line of Reebok hockey products," said Len Rhodes, General Manager of Reebok Hockey."

--- A week has gone by and still no news of new RBK products.
The retail lines will be shown to dealers in December for Spring 2009 delivery.

ModSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 02:04 AM
DinkusMaximus

Most new goalie gear like the RBK PIII lines should hit in like Feb.

DinkusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote