HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: Rangers family just got bigger!

Old
10-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Olympic nut

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Congratulations Alfie!

I can't help but ask: Ayrton? As in Senna? May he be a winner like his namesake.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:06 PM
GregNYR19
agitator

Send a message via AIM to GregNYR19
congrats!! enjoy every moment and throw a toddlers rangers jersey on him as soon as possible!!

god bless!!

GregNYR19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 01:33 PM
MrAlfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
Hey man!
I've been waiting for this thread for awhile now!
Congratu-****ing-lations! Things haven't been the same around here without you but I sure can't blame you.
I really hope everything works out and your baby is healthy. I also hope he gets his good looks from his mom and not you.
Next up pictures of him scoring some goals!
Ha yea! But get this, he has Mommy's "finger-toes" and my girlie hands. I got a video of him up and running so if you wanna have a look:

I'm very happy with his looks, I mean let's not kid ourselves, there are some ugly babies out there ... But I'm sure somebody is saying the same about my kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Little Mikey View Post
F1 fan?

Congrats! He looks like a tough little guy, hope you get to take him home soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Congratulations Alfie!

I can't help but ask: Ayrton? As in Senna? May he be a winner like his namesake.

Yep, Ayrton Senna is his name patron , and I personally see Senna as somebody to look up to, even with all of his flaws he is someone I would idolize.
But Felipe has nothing to do with Felipe Massa, my wife name him after the spanish prince, so it's all good.
Good thing is you don't see these names too often in the United States and it was important to me to give him a name outside the cookie cutter but still normal enough to not being made fun of.

Thanks everybody for the best wishes, I will head to the hospital later tonight and I hope he progressed so much that we can take him home.

As for the Rangers baby stuff, I tried nhl.com and rivercitysports but nothing I really like, any suggestions would be appreciated

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Jackson Ranger

I wish you all the joy of fatherhood and health and happiness for you, your wife and newborn son.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 02:11 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
Yep, Ayrton Senna is his name patron , and I personally see Senna as somebody to look up to, even with all of his flaws he is someone I would idolize.
But Felipe has nothing to do with Felipe Massa, my wife name him after the spanish prince, so it's all good.
Good thing is you don't see these names too often in the United States and it was important to me to give him a name outside the cookie cutter but still normal enough to not being made fun of.

Thanks everybody for the best wishes, I will head to the hospital later tonight and I hope he progressed so much that we can take him home.

As for the Rangers baby stuff, I tried nhl.com and rivercitysports but nothing I really like, any suggestions would be appreciated

Congratulations

As for the Ayrten Senna quote well you tend to find that many of the great sportsman are flawed.

Ayrten Senna - Reckless but just amazing

Maradonna - Arguably the best football player ever, drug problems

Mike Tyson - Just awesome until Cus D'Amato died, then he went of the rails

sorry for going off topic too much but i wish you and your family all the best and all the happiness in the world.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
Pogo

Seriously Alfie, the kid looks freaking awesome. The name is spot on I think, definitely fits the description of non-cookie cutter yet won't get him beaten up at school.
I think the Rangers have FINALLY found their power forward of the future... Although Alfie, I gotta be honest if he gets drafted by the Devils, all bets are off.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 05:18 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Grats MrAlfie!!

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

congrats good sir!

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 09:26 PM
luvmessnyr

Congratulations, your son & I share the same birthday.

Enjoy every moment, it flys by. My two are 16 &12 seems like only yesterday that I held them in my arms. God Bless, look forward to seeing him in a Little Ranger jersey soon.

luvmessnyr is offline   Reply With Quote