HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Opening For new GDT maker

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Gros Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Hey how'd you get in here? We voted to have you banned.
L'amour est sans pitié

Old
10-15-2008, 01:34 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
L'amour est sans pitié
You complete me.

Old
10-15-2008, 01:35 PM
mcphee

This anti Harry-ism has to stop.

Old
10-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
No need to be sentimental here, I understand you put a lot of work in these tho.

You did a great job for the last 2 years or so.

But there is room for improvement. Improve your GDT, submit it, and I'm sure they'll consider the job you did in the past. You might start in advance in this but I see no negative argument in trying to upgrade anything.
Exactly noone has ruled Harry out of the competition....

In fact I'd like to see you submit one.....

We are having an audition for it.... but there is no reason that you can't be part of the process... and we will take into account the fact you did it for 2 years.

I feel like near the end your GDTs aren't as good as when they first started....

This is your wakeup call and chance to step it back up.

Old
10-15-2008, 01:38 PM
FrankMTL

How did this thread become a soap opera???

Old
10-15-2008, 01:39 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Exactly noone has ruled Harry out of the competition....

In fact I'd like to see you submit one.....

We are having an audition for it.... but there is no reason that you can't be part of the process... and we will take into account the fact you did it for 2 years.

I feel like near the end your GDTs aren't as good as when they first started....

This is your wakeup call and chance to step it back up.
I'm not submitting anything, you have my GDT's of past games, those are the ones I'll always use.

Old
10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
Beakermania*

Here are some nice ones from around the league.....

Islanders
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=561259
Flyers
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=561571
Penguins
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=561621
Blue Jackets
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=561678
Red Wings
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=561242
Sharks
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=561640

Old
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Columbus and Detroit's are very nice!!
I like the CBJ, short and sweet, all thats missing is the lineups

Old
10-15-2008, 01:45 PM
FrankMTL

Wow...those are all great. I Kinda like the Islanders one the most if they would make it shorter..but the Red Wings one is pretty cool too.

Old
10-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Some of those are overly long for nothing... I can see the effort and everything but who honestly spends an hour reading that?

CBJ one is great though.

Old
10-15-2008, 01:48 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

**** happens, guys. Harry had exams. A Flyers-type GDT is just a waste of my phone data allowance, and probably doesn't even get a glance from most other than to think to yourself "holy crap someone's got too much time on their hands to archive historical matchups."

10-15-2008, 01:48 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Some of those are overly long for nothing... I can see the effort and everything but who honestly spends an hour reading that?

CBJ one is great though.
I agree there is no need to be that long.... what I'm highlighting here is some great graphics and things that these people have put together more than anything.

Old
10-15-2008, 01:50 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Four games in and Harry has missed three....

Please post your examples of GDTs in here.... Ideally we want someone reliable to do that.

Normally post count and status on this site doesn't matter, but since we are looking for reliability, someone with under 1000 posts... or who is still a rookie member... will likely lose out for those reasons.

Talking with other mods we will pick two GDT makers.... One will be the official home game GDT maker... the other will be for road games....

If it is a home game and the person responsible for that game doesn't have one up by 10am on game day... then the road person can put up a GDT.

FAQ: Can I do a GDT in HTML??

A: The GDT maker will get the ability to post in HTML; it only takes a small edit to your account by the admins...

Thank you.
Uhm honestly, I say before making a big dramatic scene about it, try talking to Harry and give him a chance to continue doing the GDT. He's done a great job for long enough that he deserves a chance to continue doing so.

What is it you guys seem to have against HarryI and the HFHabs crew anyways? HF doesn't allow french posts anymore, they go there to talk habs in french, whether or not some of the members like or dislike you or if you dislike harry or something shouldn't mean we all have to wait on sum1 else to do a proper GDT now each time or apply to do it etc when Harry can obviously do it perfectly. Now I don't know the whole story behind it all so please don't paint me with the same brush as every1 else in this case, but ultimately I feel like you're doing this almost as a personal attack against Harry.

He missed a few games, fine. But don't you think it's been made a big enough deal already? What's with all this drama over a GDT

Anyways, I vote for HarryI to be the person who continues to do it and that bias can be left where it should be, not on here. Personally I will be boycotting any GDT harry isn't making from now on just out of respect because he's been doing GDT's for so long.

Last edited by neofury*: 10-15-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old
10-15-2008, 01:56 PM
mcphee

Wow, drama has been introduced. Grudges,hidden agendas, ulterior motives, all introduced in an effort to avoid drama.

I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.

Old
10-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Beakermania*

There is no bias and no drama.... we just want to see better GDTs....

WOW

I showed some examples of some graphics designs that I think are nice.... Lets see what the rest of the board has to offer.

Harry was the best 2 years ago... If he's still the best today, he can do GDTs...

I don't see whats so hard about this guys..

We've been discussing this for a while... but Harry missing a few and not letting us now or telling someone else to do it just brought the discussion to the forefront again....

There is no reason why Harry was GDT maker for life... he was annointed GDT maker at the start of each season... if he's still the best, he'll win.... if he's not the best then we will give it to whoever is.

Jan Bulis once played a great game against the flyers... 4 goals... does that mean we should keep him for life. Michael Ryder put up three nice seasons... does that mean he is our first line winger for life??

There is nothing wrong with wanting to get better.

Old
10-15-2008, 02:00 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:

WOW

I showed some examples of some graphics designs that I think are nice.... Lets see what the rest of the board has to offer.

Harry was the best 2 years ago... If he's still the best today, he can do GDTs...

Maybe you don't realize that I allow people to pm me graphics to include in GDT's...QGD, habs425 posted graphics that I put in my GDT, we don't need a whole lot of writing because who reads it all...I put the important stats and that's what people care about.

Old
10-15-2008, 02:00 PM
neofury*

Quote:

WOW

I don't see what is so hard about leaving it the way it was in the first place but whatever.

If it isn't a big deal then why is it half the people who make a post siding with harry get their post deleted? Really, if it isn't a big deal and there is no bias what so ever why are you deleting peoples opinions that aren't in favor of what you want?

Old
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
This anti Harry-ism has to stop.
I for one think Harry is to blame for the current state of the economy + the degradation of the moral fiber of our society.

Down with Harry!!!

I'm going out to burn books and break glass. Who's with me!!!

Quote:
Wow, drama has been introduced. Grudges,hidden agendas, ulterior motives, all introduced in an effort to avoid drama.

Get out of the way old man. You're either with us or against us. If you're not ready to lead this board into a Harry-free age, then step away and let us take charge.

Enough with living under the weight of a Harry-full board. Enough!

Let's take this board back for the people, for the fans!!

(Come on.. burning books? drunken debauchery? who wouldn't want that?)

Old
10-15-2008, 02:02 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Maybe you don't realize that I allow people to pm me graphics to include in GDT's...QGD, habs425 posted graphics that I put in my GDT, we don't need a whole lot of writing because who reads it all...I put the important stats and that's what people care about.
Agreed. I can't believe as a mod beaker, you're making a big stink over a couple lines of text and maybe a few images that ultimately aren't even relevant. Harry's GDT's have always been awesome and if he added all the information in there wouldn't be much to talk about in the GDT thread itself until game time anyways.

This is coming from a guy who makes LONG posts: we don't need to read the habs life story each time somebody makes a GDT for the GDT to be good.

Old
10-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I don't see what is so hard about leaving it the way it was in the first place but whatever.

If it isn't a big deal then why is it half the people who make a post siding with harry get their post deleted? Really, if it isn't a big deal and there is no bias what so ever why are you deleting peoples opinions that aren't in favor of what you want?
When a post says simply...

"I support Harry"
It hasn't been deleted.

When the post starts calling out mods it gets deleted.... simple.

Old
Gros Bill

Quote:

Kinda cool, innit? Sit down, have a brew, and watch the car crash.
All this thread is missing now is a long boring story about antiques, goats and rainy day women. You up to it?

Old
AD

Quote:

Why are you questioning the Supreme General? Are you a Harry sympathiser?

So? Are you with us or against us?

Old
10-15-2008, 02:05 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
I for one think Harry is to blame for the current state of the economy + the degradation of the moral fiber of our society.

Down with Harry!!!

I'm going out to burn books and break glass. Who's with me!!!

Get out of the way old man. You're either with us or against us. If you're not ready to lead this board into a Harry-free age, then step away and let us take charge.

Enough with living under the weight of a Harry-full board. Enough!

Let's take this board back for the people, for the fans!!

(Come on.. burning books? drunken debauchery? who wouldn't want that?)
Burning books is a good thing, as long as you burn the right books. I got my eye on you Harry.

Old
Beakermania*

Quote:
Agreed. I can't believe as a mod beaker, you're making a big stink over a couple lines of text and maybe a few images that ultimately aren't even relevant. Harry's GDT's have always been awesome and if he added all the information in there wouldn't be much to talk about in the GDT thread itself until game time anyways.

This is coming from a guy who makes LONG posts: we don't need to read the habs life story each time somebody makes a GDT for the GDT to be good.
Quote:
I agree there is no need to be that long.... what I'm highlighting here is some great graphics and things that these people have put together more than anything.
I already said it doesn't need to be long. In fact i think the length of harry's GDTs is perfect....

I am pointing out how a better use of graphics and possibly 1 or 2 youtubes might improve things.

Old
Ra
satan is my homie

(by the way, it's my GDT model entry)

Closed Thread