HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov Trade

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-01-2008, 10:57 PM
  #51
thrillhous
Registered User
 
thrillhous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,674
vCash: 500
IIHF finds Radulov in breach of contract

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2513...headlines_main

Wow. This is ground-breaking stuff.







thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2008, 06:24 AM
  #52
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,941
vCash: 500
In other words, the IIHF admits it has no power, no authority, and is pretty much worthless.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 01:20 PM
  #53
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 12,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
In other words, the IIHF admits it has no power, no authority, and is pretty much worthless.
They really are the UN of hockey.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 04:33 PM
  #54
SmokeyClause
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Country: Cuba
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
They really are the UN of hockey.
This was exactly my thought when I read Enoch's post. Can they not suspend him from international play?

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 04:38 PM
  #55
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 25,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
This was exactly my thought when I read Enoch's post. Can they not suspend him from international play?
Its all about the $ ... and you know what I hope Weber goes Seidenberg on his ass in one of the upcoming international events

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 08:15 PM
  #56
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
This was exactly my thought when I read Enoch's post. Can they not suspend him from international play?
No, because the transfer agreement wasn't in place when Radulov signed his KHL contract. Radulov signed the Russian deal literally days before the transfer agreement was supposed to be finalized. The reason why Daly is upset is because even though they hadn't signed the agreement, the NHL and KHL had shook hands and verbally agreed not to do this months before.

Therefore, he technically didn't break any IIHF rules, albeit it was highly unethical.

The Preds are cursed. Out of all the Russians in the NHL, we get the one that turns out to be a martyr.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2008, 09:55 PM
  #57
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
No, because the transfer agreement wasn't in place when Radulov signed his KHL contract. Radulov signed the Russian deal literally days before the transfer agreement was supposed to be finalized. The reason why Daly is upset is because even though they hadn't signed the agreement, the NHL and KHL had shook hands and verbally agreed not to do this months before.

Therefore, he technically didn't break any IIHF rules, albeit it was highly unethical.

The Preds are cursed. Out of all the Russians in the NHL, we get the one that turns out to be a martyr.
Actually, I think their were players suspended last year for this very thing (Svitov comes to mind).

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 11:34 AM
  #58
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,247
vCash: 500
would this offer (from the habs) be enough to get Radulov's rights?

to Nash:

Latendresse
one of Fisher/Webber/Carle
one of 4th round pick/Perezhogin

to Mtl:

Radulov
conditional 3rd round pick '10 (if radulov doesn't play at least 1 game for mtl in 09/10)


Nashville gets
- an NHL player with big upside (latendresse, at 21, already has 32 goals in 2 seasons playing mostly as a 3rd/4th liner).
- a choice of Defensive prospects, all looking NHL bound within 1-2 seasons (fisher is more of a project, but also has bigger upside)
- either a late pick or a proven NHL caliber player who left, without breaking any contracts, for Russia because the habs wouldn't make a good enough roster/financial commitment to him (he was very good in the russian league last year, and has been tearing it up this year, with Nashville's depth of wingers he could probably step into a top 6 role, and likely produce... though the whole russian thing might be a little much?

certainly a "quality" for "quantity" swap, but both Lats and the D prospect would provide at least average NHL talent, whereas Radulov in Russia does nothing for the Preds...

is it enough?

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 12:14 PM
  #59
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,941
vCash: 500
I don't see it. The Preds will just hold onto his rights until he decides to come back. They do not need to deal him for crap, nor should they.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 02:32 PM
  #60
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 12,629
vCash: 500
A tempting offer. Latendresse gives us a solid middle six powerforward which we had hoped for in Ryan Jones, but he's not quite NHL-ready. Weber is going to be a VERY good defenseman, and Carle probably will be as well.

That said, I tend to agree with Enoch in that the Preds will just hang on to Radulov's rights and hope he comes back.


Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 10-11-2008 at 03:35 PM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 02:43 PM
  #61
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,741
vCash: 500
Um.....ditto

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2008, 11:11 PM
  #62
Tonka
9.5%?
 
Tonka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 8,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
The only difference between Malkin and

TOR: Blake
Lol, if you want Blake, you can take him for free. No need to offer us Radulov.

Tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2008, 12:59 AM
  #63
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 12,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss_7 View Post
Lol, if you want Blake, you can take him for free. No need to offer us Radulov.
I'm not sure I would even take him for futures...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2008, 09:35 PM
  #64
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
A tempting offer. Latendresse gives us a solid middle six powerforward which we had hoped for in Ryan Jones, but he's not quite NHL-ready. Weber is going to be a VERY good defenseman, and Carle probably will be as well.

That said, I tend to agree with Enoch in that the Preds will just hang on to Radulov's rights and hope he comes back.
What? He is actually a top 9 forward on a team loaded with guys like AKostitsyn, Plekanec, Kovalev, Tanguay, Koivu, Higgins, SKostitsyn and Lang. He is only 21 and he is at his third NHL season. At the very least, he will score 20 goals this year. Considering that he worked on his speed this summer and that his motivation is really high, it could very well be his breakout year. He hasn't reach his potential but he is easily NHL ready (and would be on the top 6 of most teams in the league).

EDIT: JUST REALIZED YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT JONES AND NOT LATENDRESSE

Anyway, Radulov is a great player but with what he did, we can't afford such a headache in Montreal.

I'm here since I want an information and that I didn't want to start a new thread.

I just wanted to know what you guys would think of a deal that would send Chris Higgins and Mathieu Carle to Nashville in exchange for Dan Hamhuis and a pick.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:31 AM
  #65
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
What? He is actually a top 9 forward on a team loaded with guys like AKostitsyn, Plekanec, Kovalev, Tanguay, Koivu, Higgins, SKostitsyn and Lang. He is only 21 and he is at his third NHL season. At the very least, he will score 20 goals this year. Considering that he worked on his speed this summer and that his motivation is really high, it could very well be his breakout year. He hasn't reach his potential but he is easily NHL ready (and would be on the top 6 of most teams in the league).

EDIT: JUST REALIZED YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT JONES AND NOT LATENDRESSE

Anyway, Radulov is a great player but with what he did, we can't afford such a headache in Montreal.

I'm here since I want an information and that I didn't want to start a new thread.

I just wanted to know what you guys would think of a deal that would send Chris Higgins and Mathieu Carle to Nashville in exchange for Dan Hamhuis and a pick.
Our d-core (Weber, Suter, Hammer) is not going anywhere. Without them, we are nothing. Nashville doesn't really have any trade bait right now except for picks and prospects. Its not bad value wise, though.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 12:53 AM
  #66
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 12,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
I just wanted to know what you guys would think of a deal that would send Chris Higgins and Mathieu Carle to Nashville in exchange for Dan Hamhuis and a pick.
Quite frankly, I think you'd have a better chance of getting bit by a shark than getting that to fly. Hammer is the only defenseman that we can consistently trust in all situations and might just lead the team in TOI again this year. The only time he leaves Nashville is when he goes back to BC for the summers.

Nashville are pretty content with the group they have right now and won't be making any major moves, and probably won't make any major moves until the deadline, if then.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 04:06 PM
  #67
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy
 
ChuckyToGally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Quite frankly, I think you'd have a better chance of getting bit by a shark than getting that to fly. Hammer is the only defenseman that we can consistently trust in all situations and might just lead the team in TOI again this year. The only time he leaves Nashville is when he goes back to BC for the summers.

Nashville are pretty content with the group they have right now and won't be making any major moves, and probably won't make any major moves until the deadline, if then.
I do understand your situation. Hamhuis is obviously a great asset to you defensive squad. That's why he would have been my first choice.

Anyway, Gainey will probably go for a great veteran d-man somewhere between now and the deadline.

ChuckyToGally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 05:05 PM
  #68
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 12,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79 André Marcoux View Post
I do understand your situation. Hamhuis is obviously a great asset to you defensive squad. That's why he would have been my first choice.

Anyway, Gainey will probably go for a great veteran d-man somewhere between now and the deadline.
We can give you De Vries... he's at least the veteran part.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2008, 05:10 PM
  #69
goliath5151
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
With Radulov wanting to come back to the NHL, there is no chance that the Predators should keep him so what are some possible trade options keeping in mind that he would be a $5M player in years to come?

To Pittsburgh for:

Staal
Filewich

or Sykora/Filewich


To Edmonton for:

Hemsky

To Tampa for:

Vrbata
Jokinen


To NJ for:

Gionta


To Colorado for:

Wolski
Svatos

To Buffalo for:

Pominville
McArthur


To Atlanta for:

Kovalchuk

add a 1st Round Pick to this trade


To LA for:

Kopitar

or O'Sullivan and prospect


or Frolov


Montreal for:

Higgins
or
Kostitsyn


SJ for:

Cheechoo or Michalek
LOL

You do realize that bolting to the KHL SEVERELY reduces his trade value? Hes considered extremely risky at this point. Even if you guys signed him just for the sake of sign-and-trade, its still from another GMs point of view.

Having said that, even at full value Radulov doesnt bring back a guy like Kopitar. And theres absolutely no chance Montreal trades A Kostitsyn for Radulov, why seperate him from his bro?

goliath5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.