HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs win in Shootout...4-3 over the Bruins

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2008, 10:44 PM
  #151
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Make me a Global Mod
lol..trust me, you don't want the headaches.

__________________
This is not a time to say goodbye. This is a time to say 'thank you'.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:44 PM
  #152
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
I would like to say Obyrne played a good game with some nice hitting. Got Bergeron with a clean shoulder the commentators were crying about and Stuart had to go have a talk with him. Stewie better watch it Obyrne isn't Andrei Kost, he can punch back.
1. I agree with you, O'Byrne did play good. I think he's played quite well in the first 4 games, and might just be ready for that top 4(by years end) slot i've been whinning about.

2. Andrei Kostitsyn can take care of himself, the guy is built just like Kovalev. Medium sized but strong like an ox.

JGRB is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:44 PM
  #153
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,394
vCash: 500
Who are the 3 stars ?

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
  #154
BadHabit
Registered User
 
BadHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Lucky to get away with one tonight after the way they played midway through the second til the end. If this team doesn't grow up and realize they can't get lazy then we'll be seeing this more often than not.

Carbo has GOT to keep his team motivated on a lead. End of story.

BadHabit is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
  #155
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,473
vCash: 500
noticed how all three ruins attempted the EXACT same deke LOL!

bhuya71 is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
  #156
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,787
vCash: 500
There you go!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKOrkCcI5v8


Thornton was just out of it when Laraque got back on his feet!

Hannibal is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:46 PM
  #157
AHF
Registered User
 
AHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Laracque
Laraque is so tough he told the C in his last name to take a hike...

Clue #348 that someone is french:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra View Post
is it legal to punch the goaler in the face then shot??
C'est pas un 'goaler', c'est un 'goalie'.

AHF is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:46 PM
  #158
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I was calling him other choice names for shooting into Thomas' chest on a 3-on-1...with Ryder as the defenseman!!!!

Still can't get over that...game should've been over right then and there.
it wasnt his chest, lang waited for him to cheat and tried to beat him stick side. it was a nice save. i just like the way he plays the game, doesnt make a whole alot of mistakes and nos where to go.

Nedved is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:47 PM
  #159
Ra
satan is my homie
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuya71 View Post
noticed how all three ruins attempted the EXACT same deke LOL!
lol yeah and they all kinda freezed. not quite five o, not hight enough. I hope for the players sake it was a call from the bench. and if it was..wtf..

"he's expecting deke to his blocker, let's go the other side"- Julien thinking he's a checker genious

Ra is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:48 PM
  #160
Mackee
Registered User
 
Mackee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
it wasnt his chest, lang waited for him to cheat and tried to beat him stick side. it was a nice save. i just like the way he plays the game, doesnt make a whole alot of mistakes and nos where to go.
Looked to me like Lang flubbed his shot. Regardless, a 3 on 1 with Ryder as the lone man back should have resulted in a goal.

Mackee is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:48 PM
  #161
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,077
vCash: 500
I know I'm demanding.....but I'm still pissed we let that one go in regulation. Sure we got 2 points but they have 1 and I don't like it. Refs were on their side, fluke goal was on their side as well, but they played a much better last 40 minutes than we did.

We need to work harder and not rely on our talent, it won't cut it against them. You can't dipsy doodle all night long, you have to crush and bang at some point.

And Phoenix who's coming is a hard working team as well...we better be prepared.

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:48 PM
  #162
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,771
vCash: 500
It shouldn't have come down to a shootout. I expected the Habs to win because Price is better than Thomas 6 nights out of 7, but still ...

Oh well, despite a disappointing letdown, the Habs gained 2 points on the Rangers and now trail by 3 with 2 GIH. They lead the Bruins by 4 but the Bruins have a GIH. They also lead the Flyers by 6, minus a GIH. What's the winning streak against the Bruins, 12 games?

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:50 PM
  #163
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
Who are the 3 stars ?
1st. Tanguay
2nd. Savard
3rd. Lapierre

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:50 PM
  #164
mbz
Registered User
 
mbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
Lucky to get away with one tonight after the way they played midway through the second til the end. If this team doesn't grow up and realize they can't get lazy then we'll be seeing this more often than not.

Carbo has GOT to keep his team motivated on a lead. End of story.
I totally agree. You took the words right out of my mouth !

mbz is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:51 PM
  #165
Judge Sauer*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Nunavut
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
lol..trust me, you don't want the headaches.
Oh don't worry, I don't plan on being one of the responsible ones, just a tyrannical and randomly insane one.

Judge Sauer* is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:51 PM
  #166
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
am i the only that thought the habs played horrid besides the final 5 mins of the first...

gui has hands like feet, as much as i like kosto, i can't wait for higgins to arrive, and put kosto on the 4th line, they played a pretty solid game, but it felt like they were just waiting to get scored on and they fell into such a defensive shell, and countless stupid penalties, granted the reffing was pretty brutal, but that should rarely be an excuse...

...am i happy we won, well yeh, but i didn't like the way the habs played as a whole...

speed11 is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:52 PM
  #167
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
You could see the bruin confidence shoot up after that thomas save on lapierre in the 2nd period. That goal would have salted the game as it would have been a 4-1 lead. Instead, Boston got some faith in their goalie and a huge injection of momentum.

But in the end, Montreal still finds a way to beat boston regardless of faulty boards leading to a last minute goal. It kinda wraps up the story of this long rivalry in one game. Montreal just finds a way.

Hackett is online now  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:53 PM
  #168
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,367
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Oh don't worry, I don't plan on being one of the responsible ones, just a tyrannical and randomly insane one.
lol...now that would be fun.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:54 PM
  #169
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,077
vCash: 500
By the way.....how about the booing against Ryder. There was some booing, but that wasn't too loud for all the sensitive ones....so everybody happy???

Whitesnake is online now  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:55 PM
  #170
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
am i the only that thought the habs played horrid besides the final 5 mins of the first...

gui has hands like feet, as much as i like kosto, i can't wait for higgins to arrive, and put kosto on the 4th line, they played a pretty solid game, but it felt like they were just waiting to get scored on and they fell into such a defensive shell, and countless stupid penalties, granted the reffing was pretty brutal, but that should rarely be an excuse...

...am i happy we won, well yeh, but i didn't like the way the habs played as a whole...
the habs have not put together any 60 minute games yet.... we've seen spurts here and there but thats about it. We've only really seen the tip of the iceberg IMHO.

Hackett is online now  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:55 PM
  #171
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
But in the end, Montreal still finds a way to beat boston regardless of faulty boards leading to a last minute goal. It kinda wraps up the story of this long rivalry in one game. Montreal just finds a way.
Payback for the 90's...

Kachino is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:55 PM
  #172
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know I'm demanding.....but I'm still pissed we let that one go in regulation. Sure we got 2 points but they have 1 and I don't like it. Refs were on their side, fluke goal was on their side as well, but they played a much better last 40 minutes than we did.

We need to work harder and not rely on our talent, it won't cut it against them. You can't dipsy doodle all night long, you have to crush and bang at some point.

And Phoenix who's coming is a hard working team as well...we better be prepared.
4th game in 6 nights...they seemed to run out of gas in the second half of the game. Not trying ot make excuses, but they had no legs and the game came to a slow halt until the Bruins got a lucky bounce and capitalized, had it not been for the bounce though the Bruins weren't going to get anything.

417 is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:56 PM
  #173
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,807
vCash: 1976
We gave a point away.
We were brutal in the 2nd half of the game

The ref sucked in the 3rd period...big time..we won so

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:57 PM
  #174
Kachino
@kachino82
 
Kachino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,607
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I know I'm demanding.....
Yeah, I saw that...
Can't win them all with total domination....

Kachino is offline  
Old
10-15-2008, 10:57 PM
  #175
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
You know what, **** it.

We won, we beat the Bruins, I'm happy.

HotPie is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.