HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs win in Shootout...4-3 over the Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

vCash: 500
Always the same after a game vs the B's...

their fans talk about fighting and diving - we talk about the two pts we just got.

Some things never change!

Old
10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Tanguay for first star because he scored in the shootout, wow. Homerism.

Lapierre is my mancrush for the night.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
4th game in 6 nights...they seemed to run out of gas in the second half of the game. Not trying ot make excuses, but they had no legs and the game came to a slow halt until the Bruins got a lucky bounce and capitalized, had it not been for the bounce though the Bruins weren't going to get anything.
I know. But we will be more demanding with the team that we have and the expectations that goes with the kind of a team we're having.

But it should be a lesson to everyone like I did mention it at the end of the 1st. Who cares about a 3-0 lead at the end of 1 period really? There's way too much time for any team to comeback and they did. We should remember that next time we call for a blowout after only 1 period....

Old
10-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Quiet Robert

Seriously..............

Guillaume Latendresse is the real ****ing deal. He and Koivu form a terrific tandem. Alex Tanguay seems to have chemistry with them, and I just think this line can work once they really start clicking. I mean the ice seemed bad tonight because a lot of pucks were bouncing over sticks, but in general, I think Tanguay-Koivu-Lats would be a terrific line.

Also, Kostopoulos is the man. The guy had 5+ blocked shots, some good hits and played great on the PK. This is exactly what you want you want from this guy.

Finally, you have to give props to Lapierre. A lot of us, (myself included) doubted him at the start of the year. But having seen all the games so far, I have to say Lapierre has done a tremendous job as 4th line centre.

And also, I love you BGL!!! Finally an enforcer who can scare the other team. It hasen't been since Nilan and Kordic that we had tough guys the other team noticed. So hopefully Laraque keeps it up and is a presence the whole year.

Go Habs Go I guess.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Tanguay for first star because he scored in the shootout, wow. Homerism.

Lapierre is my mancrush for the night.
Lapierre was sick!

Old
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Kachino

Send a message via MSN to Kachino
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
You know what, **** it.

We won, we beat the Bruins, I'm happy.
Isn't that what matters at the end of the day?

That and the ovation to Butch Bouchard and Elmer Lach...

Old
10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I think Latendresse is proving his doubters wrong. He's really good!

Old
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
goalchenyuk

Price is 20 years old . Incredible !

Old
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Stradale

I thought my seat sucks before the game (Blue 427 D, last row of the Bell Center) but finally mr. Dickie Moore was seating 4 seats next to me

Old
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Always the same after a game vs the B's...

their fans talk about fighting and diving - we talk about the two pts we just got.

Some things never change!
So true...they all sound like broken records. What's hilarious is their obsession with how we "dive". Literally every single Bruins penalty is because a Hab player dove. I've never seen such a paranoid fanbase.

I guess these are the things you have to cling to when you have no other visible advantage over another team.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:16 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

So i just came back from the games (was sitting in the reds, Row W 107) and lemme tell you that the habs are lucky to have won that game.

1) The first period was pretty uneventful until the 3 goals were scored.

2) The 2nd period was pretty sucky and the habs let the Ruins rally back.

3) The 3rd was REALLY not good and the refs were BRUTAL.

4) Although the Ruins' last goal was purely a lucky fluke, they outworked the habs for most of the night. Believe it or not, they are a scary team. Solid defensively and they didnt give up at all all night.

5) The crowd most definitely wasnt into that one. A lot of people left when the game was 3-2 (too bad for them). I dunno...the atmosphere was not very impressive for a home opener.

In the end, im happy the habs won, but they really should of put that game away in the second...smells like bad habits all over again...

Old
10-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Pascal

just got back from the game.. the place was totally nuts when Laraque fought, more so than any other moment in the game, it was awesome

The refs were ****in brutal the whole way. They missed at least 5-6 blatant hooks/trips/interference calls on the B's and none on us.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:17 PM
JTWymanFan*

I thought i would go take a look at the bruins GDT to see if they took anything positive out of the point their team earned. Wow do they ever hate the Habs and their fans. It must really suck to lose to us all the time though ?

Old
10-15-2008, 10:20 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
So true...they all sound like broken records. What's hilarious is their obsession with how we "dive". Literally every single Bruins penalty is because a Hab player dove. I've never seen such a paranoid fanbase.

I guess these are the things you have to cling to when you have no other visible advantage over another team.
Well, usually they also whine about reffing... but since we got penalised more than them tonight, they can't.

Agreed, and honestly I don't hate them, I pity them

Old
10-15-2008, 10:20 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
I thought i would go take a look at the bruins GDT to see if they took anything positive out of the point their team earned. Wow do they ever hate the Habs and their fans. It must really suck to lose to us all the time though ?
Don't go there. Again, Canadiens are only divers, we have the Olsens on our team and Thornton is god...

We'll never have credit, even if we win 15-0 ....

Old
10-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
just got back from the game.. the place was totally nuts when Laraque fought, more so than any other moment in the game, it was awesome

The refs were ****in brutal the whole way. They missed at least 5-6 blatant hooks/trips/interference calls on the B's and none on us.
Although I agree, the refs sucked and missed a few calls on the Bruins, mostly in the third, they let alot go for us too. be fair now.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:22 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Seriously..............

Guillaume Latendresse is the real ****ing deal. He and Koivu form a terrific tandem. Alex Tanguay seems to have chemistry with them, and I just think this line can work once they really start clicking. I mean the ice seemed bad tonight because a lot of pucks were bouncing over sticks, but in general, I think Tanguay-Koivu-Lats would be a terrific line.

Also, Kostopoulos is the man. The guy had 5+ blocked shots, some good hits and played great on the PK. This is exactly what you want you want from this guy.

Finally, you have to give props to Lapierre. A lot of us, (myself included) doubted him at the start of the year. But having seen all the games so far, I have to say Lapierre has done a tremendous job as 4th line centre.

And also, I love you BGL!!! Finally an enforcer who can scare the other team. It hasen't been since Nilan and Kordic that we had tough guys the other team noticed. So hopefully Laraque keeps it up and is a presence the whole year.

Go Habs Go I guess.

I think that Latendresse had one of the better games tonight and had more jump than I've seen before...and was pretty physical to boot. Having said, that I feel that he's still needs to be a step faster CONSISTANTLY.

There were some beautiful give and go between Tanguay and Koivu but Latendresse was not quite there yet on a couple of plays. Also, it would be great if Latendresse can provide more screening against the opposing goalie.

I am quite eagerly waiting to see Higgins on Tanguay Koivu line to see how dynamic the three of them can be before automatically giving the spot to Latendresse. And on third thought, I think that I would like to see Max Pac on Tanguay Koivu line as well. I think that line would be very effective.

What was interesting for me was why weren't Tanguay and Koivu playing in OT? They had some chemistry going again tonight even if it wasn't sparkling hot like they were on Saturday?

And I agree with you on Lapierre! He was fantastic tonight! And Kostopolos wasn't too bad either!

Old
10-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

exactly what I was saying.

Sure, they're sick of the whole "moral victory" thing.

Well, the same can be said about us "diving" 30 something times per game..

Old
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
exactly what I was saying.

Sure, they're sick of the whole "moral victory" thing.

Well, the same can be said about us "diving" 30 something times per period..
fixed.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Although I agree, the refs sucked and missed a few calls on the Bruins, mostly in the third, they let alot go for us too. be fair now.
just saying what I saw, no bias glasses.. every time we hooked or held they called it. But in the 3rd/OT they totally forgot the rules.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Sauer View Post
Oh don't worry, I don't plan on being one of the responsible ones, just a tyrannical and randomly insane one.
Sorry we are at our quota...

Signed
Your tyrannical and randomly insane global mod.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominant Hegemony View Post
So i just came back from the games (was sitting in the reds, Row W 107) and lemme tell you that the habs are lucky to have won that game.

1) The first period was pretty uneventful until the 3 goals were scored.

2) The 2nd period was pretty sucky and the habs let the Ruins rally back.

3) The 3rd was REALLY not good and the refs were BRUTAL.

4) Although the Ruins' last goal was purely a lucky fluke, they outworked the habs for most of the night. Believe it or not, they are a scary team. Solid defensively and they didnt give up at all all night.

5) The crowd most definitely wasnt into that one. A lot of people left when the game was 3-2 (too bad for them). I dunno...the atmosphere was not very impressive for a home opener.

In the end, im happy the habs won, but they really should of put that game away in the second...smells like bad habits all over again...

I strongly disagree this point. Maybe a lot of people left in the reds because most of them are only rich people who aren't that much of a fan. I was sitting on the very last row of the Bell center and let me tell you, i did notice some empty seats on the reds but on the upper bowl, almost nobody left. And i really understand when you sau the atmosphere was not impressive. Everytime the Bruins score, the crowd was very loud chanting GO HABS GO. I dunno, maybe on the Reds it was more quiet but it was very loud where i was.

Old
10-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
What was up with no koivu in OT

Old
10-15-2008, 10:33 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFly View Post
A couple of things...

I wish Kovy and Pleks would pass to Andrei a bit more, never seems like he has the puck.

I like Gui's play so far, but I think he'd do better with Lang and Sergei, he plays too much of a finesse game to play with Tangs and Koivu, they need a grittier player down low, sure Lats hits, but I don't find he suits the play IMO, Lang and Sergei do a lot of work downlow, I'd like to see Lats in front of the net on that line.

Higgins would suit the koivu line well, he's very gritty down low which is what Tangs and Koivu need because they're doing most of the downlow work when that's not really their game.

Lastly, besides that giveaway in OT I thought Ryder players a pretty good game.
I agree completely with your thoughts on Gui and Higgins as well as Andrei. It almost pains me to see such talent in Andrei being...well...ignored by Plek and Kovy.

Lastly, Price was sensational for most of the game and if it weren't for him, this game would have easily been B's...and how embarrassing that would have been after all that pomp for the 100th year ceremony! Not only embarassing, something like that could have had effect on the entire year!

So we dodge a HUGE bullet there tonight.

Carbo needs to ensure that this sort of collapse (or near collapse) doesn't ever happen again!

Old
10-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Uber Coca

We slowed down in the mid-second and the third period, but the Bruins were defenitively dominated the rest of the way and didn't deserve that point. All in all, I'm happy we won but let's play 60 minutes next game.

Closed Thread