HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs win in Shootout...4-3 over the Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2008, 11:10 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Dude I think you misunderstood. McGuire was ripping him. He was sarcastic.
that would make alot more sence.
I was surprised that a guy as knowledged as Pierre would say that was a good play.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:12 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Dude I think you misunderstood. McGuire was ripping him. He was sarcastic.
No he wasn't.. listen to it again.

He said "While I wouldn't tell kids watching at home to do this.." then he went on talking about how it was a good play and Brisebois being a veteran that knew the play was safe (which is actually ********, he was probably lucky lol).

I'm going to re-watch it in a moment or two, but I'm almost positive Brisebois looked up the ice first.

PS. You guys can call me a Brisebois homer or whatever you may.. but ask JMMR.. I ****ing hated him against Buffalo.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:13 PM
Uber Coca

1. Brunet said three times that Lapierre was playing good. The first time he basically said it was the best game he played in his career, than he said that it was one of his best game and than he said that it was a good game for him.

2. These ''Si il serait positionné...'' mistakes from Brunet are getting annoying. I've got some sensible hears... Les si mangent les raient mon Benoit...

3. Benoit Brunet is getting fatter by the minute.

4. How moral was that victory?

Old
10-15-2008, 11:13 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Exactly... we lost the home opener last year... we often lose the home opener.
It's how you lose...and losing this one in the way it was shaping up on this special occasion would have been a disaster!

Well, perhaps not a disaster but it would have been unnecessarily digging a hole for youself to climb out of for the rest of the year.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:14 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
No he wasn't.. listen to it again.

He said "While I wouldn't tell kids watching at home to do this.." then he went on talking about how it was a good play and Brisebois being a veteran that knew the play was safe (which is actually ********, he was probably lucky lol).
He started by saying "What the hell was he thinking" as the play happened. Then they showed the replay and said "Just like hockey school uh" and finished by sayin "He wont be doing this in the playoffs"

Now if you want to interpret this as pimping....fine. But it wasnt....not by a mile.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe The Plumber View Post
test

Hey Beaker. Where's my other post gone?
What other post??

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think that tonight was much more than a normal home opener.

It was the 100th year.

All the CH greats were in the rink, in their uniforms...all around the Ring of Honour.

The expectation/anticipation for Stanley Cup is overwhelming with the fans, the media, the players (this could be a double egded sword if not careful)

It was the 1st appearance for the much anticipated Big Georges Laraques' coming out party!

The crowd was pumped!

The players were pumped and they started the game that way.

But then for some reason CH went into their defensive mode...again just like last year.

Winners smell blood and have to go for the jugular and finish them off but curiously, Carbo has this defensive mentality that takes over when the team gets a lead...my only explanation is that this trait comes from Carbo's days as a player.

I thought that Carbo fixed this last Saturday against the Leafs but perhaps Cherry's and Craig Simpson's criticisms have unnerved Carbo...but there is a difference between being up 6 goals as opposed to 3 goals.

Had we lost that game, the psychology of the team and the fans and the media would have turned very ugly, very quickly and this is kind of turning point that makes or breaks a team.

If this sort of thing happens again then it's the coach's fault.

I am in NO way in favour of Claude Julien as a coach over Carbo but what Julien showed tonight was that he can instill character into his team and almost willed a team into a victory from an impossible position. Whereas Carbo showed that he could take a completely victorious situation and turn it into a near disaster...the anti-Julien as a coach.

This would also have had a tremendous psychological impact to the B's as well...actually, too late! I think now the B's know that even if they go down 3 goals against Montreal, they can come back so in the future, CH just made their jobs that much harder for themselves.

This cannot and must not happen again, esp. in important games and in playoffs if there is any hope of drinking from that Cup!
By the time april comes around this will be a distant memory dude.

Quote:
It's how you lose...and losing this one in the way it was shaping up on this special occasion would have been a disaster!

Well, perhaps not a disaster but it would have been unnecessarily digging a hole for youself to climb out of for the rest of the year.
Dude this game won't be remembered by the time the playoffs are here.... guaranteed. It won't be in the players minds.

Quote:
He started by saying "What the hell was he thinking" as the play happened. Then they showed the replay and said "Just like hockey school uh" and finished by sayin "He wont be doing this in the playoffs"

Now if you want to interpret this as pimping....fine. But it wasnt....not by a mile.
I have to agree with ZNK.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:20 PM
Stewart JH Esq MBE

Quote:
What other post??
Exactly.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:23 PM
m00ks

Quote:
He's over a PPG for crying out loud....

Lats can do no right with some people.

There's really no hate. All I'm saying is that the Tanguay and Koivu playmaking tandem, by logic, would require a shooter. Lats, and again let me reitirate that there's no hate, is not that answer I was referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino View Post
Retyping what GoHabsGo247 said earlier:

Isn't Higgins criticize because of his lack of finish?
Did I say anything about Higgins? Anything at all in my post...

Old
10-15-2008, 11:24 PM
juggernaut

Quote:

I thought it was a risky play but Maguire thought that Brisebois made a good hit and then a very skilled veteran pass on that play and wasnt sarcastic. He jokingly said "teach in hockey school" because of course they would never teach you to do that. He was complimenting him on the play.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachino View Post
Retyping what GoHabsGo247 said earlier:

Isn't Higgins criticize because of his lack of finish?
27 goals and a ton of posts is not a lack of finish.

I'm one of the very, very few people with the balls to have a Latendresse avatar I designed myself, and even then, I feel that Higgins with Tanguay and Koivu is the smarter line combination. Tanguay is a passer. Koivu goes hard nose for the net. Latendresse can't be in the slot banging in dirty pucks when its Koivu's home. Having Higgins on the wing to blast passes from Tanguay is the best combination for the line.

And I was at least right about Koivu and Kovalev scoring tonight

Old
10-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
There's really no hate. All I'm saying is that the Tanguay and Koivu playmaking tandem, by logic, would require a shooter. Lats, and again let me reitirate that there's no hate, is not that answer I was referring to.

I know but there is a lot of people on the board, who never give Lats any credit....

Hes got 5 points in 4 games... i wouldn't split up that line... I'd try Higgins on the Lang Sergei line first to see if that has chemistry.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:26 PM
David

Quote:
What other post??

By the time april comes around this will be a distant memory dude.
If you're a hockey fan as you seem to be, you should know better than that by now...dude.

Because we eeked out a victory there is a better chance of this being a mere memory...

But I GUARANTEE you that if we go up against B's in the playoffs and if CH is up 3-0 in a critical game, every TV broadcast will replay this scene and remind the viewers about the happenings of this night...and this after tonight's victory! And believe you me, every player on both benches and their respective coaches would remember without having to be reminded by Pierre McGuires!

Had we lost, things would have turned ugly the confidence of the team, the fans, the media would have soured. I don't even want to imagine what they would show on TV in April under the same situation.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:27 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

When I watch the ceremony later (I missed it), I'll post word for word what was said. Maybe I was talking to my dad when he said something, I'm not sure. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
I thought it was a risky play but Maguire thought that Brisebois made a good hit and then a very skilled veteran pass on that play and wasnt sarcastic. He jokingly said "teach in hockey school" because of course they would never teach you to do that. He was complimenting him on the play.
This is exactly what I thought he meant by what he said.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-15-2008 at 11:41 PM.
Old
10-15-2008, 11:31 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Came back from the game, with a Tanguay T-Shirt...

As for my comments, from the reds... :

At the beginning, I was about the only one screaming in my section along with another person or two. I screamed all night long after Ryder, I screamed after Lucic as well.

Those who said there was no ambiance are off the track. It was not crazy in the reds, but elsewhere, it was amazing. Especially at the beginning of the game... each time Laraque's face was on the screen, everybody was screaming...

All in all, I had a great game, plus the fact I was sitting just besides a couple of REALLY, REALLY gorgeous chicks. So I had something to watch, even in the intermission .

As for the game, from the reds, here's what I saw :

- Latendresse is really, really impressive. Not only does he use his body, not only is he faster, but he improved his play with and without the puck. He is a better playmaker, and improved his passing skills. He's the surprise so far this season, I don't want him anywhere else... He's fitting all right on this line, he creates space for Alex and Saku with his size. LET THIS LINE LIKE IT IS!

- Tanguay is a great playmaker He always is making perfect, dangerous passes. He created many opportunities. Guillaume and Saku have to be ready, because he passes really well. And he has a crazy shot... he should use it more often.

- Koivu played a great game, was working hard and was inspiring for his teamates.

- Kovalev has crazy hands. He has played a good game.

- Plekanec was not so visible from what I saw. Nice play on Kovy's goal.

- AK46 was a little invisible. He got two penalty calls he did not deserve, and from there, he didn't play his game anymore.

- Kostopoulos was just like Kostopoulos... Hard-working, great energy player.

- Lang maybe played his less stellar game so far as a Hab. He was doing ok, but the shot attempt on the 3 on 1 was just bad.

- Sergei Kostitsyn played a good game. Maybe not the fastest player in our roster, but he's the most agile, and that's without a doubt.

- Dandenault played ok.

- Lapierre has his place on the lineup. He deserves this spot before Chipchura.

- Laraque... oh Laraque... I'm sooooo happy to see you in a Habs jersey...

- Markov : good game

- Komisarek : Best game so far

- Hamrlik : His own self

- O'Byrne : He is well ahead of Gorges in the depth chart.

- Gorges : Didn't play what I call a good game.

- Brisebois : Well... he's Brisebois.

- Price : He did all right.

The reffering was brutal... Honestly... it was pathetic.

Last edited by HamrlikTheStud*: 10-15-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old
10-15-2008, 11:31 PM
m00ks

Quote:
I know but there is a lot of people on the board, who never give Lats any credit....

Hes got 5 points in 4 games... i wouldn't split up that line... I'd try Higgins on the Lang Sergei line first to see if that has chemistry.
I know there's a lot of that and no one can take those numbers away, I like his willingness to go to the net. I was prolly salivating at a curious dream where I saw a Tanguay-Koivu-Akost line.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:36 PM
Stradale

Anybody notice the ice was really bad or something. I saw so many times our players tries to deke but the puck just doesnt follow at all.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Did I say anything about Higgins? Anything at all in my post...
No you didn't... Just thought you were really quick to jump to conclusions about Latendresse not being a finisher... The goal he scored vs. Toronto was a finisher's goal (tight angle roof it up top)... Anyways, I'm not here to convince you about him... I'll just let the season unfold and see the results at the end of the year...

Quote:
If you're a hockey fan as you seem to be, you should know better than that by now...dude.

Because we eeked out a victory there is a better chance of this being a mere memory...

But I GUARANTEE you that if we go up against B's in the playoffs and if CH is up 3-0 in a critical game, every TV broadcast will replay this scene and remind the viewers about the happenings of this night...and this after tonight's victory! And believe you me, every player on both benches and their respective coaches would remember without having to be reminded by Pierre McGuires!

Had we lost, things would have turned ugly the confidence of the team, the fans, the media would have soured. I don't even want to imagine what they would show on TV in April under the same situation.
Man, if you're worried like that at the beginning of the year after the 1st home game of the season... I just can't imagine how you would feel after a huge loss in the playoffs... Anyways, I respect what you said but I don't share your opinion...

Old
10-15-2008, 11:39 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
When I watch the ceremony later (I missed it), I'll post word for word what was said. Maybe I was talking to my dad when he said something, I'm not sure. We'll see.
There is something I just remembered that might explain the confusion. On the replay he praised everything that led to that play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Came back from the game, with a Tanguay T-Shirt...

As for my comments, from the reds... :

At the beginning, I was about the only one screaming in my section along with another person or two. I screamed all night long after Ryder, I screamed after Lucic as well.

Those who said there was no ambiance are off the track. It was not crazy in the reds, but elsewhere, it was amazing. Especially at the beginning of the game... each time Laraque's face was on the screen, everybody was screaming...

All in all, I had a great game, plus the fact I was sitting just besides a couple of REALLY, REALLY gorgeous chicks. So I had something to watch, even in the intermission .

As for the game, from the reds, here's what I saw :

- Latendresse is really, really impressive. Not only does he use his body, not only is he faster, but he improved his play with and without the puck. He is a better playmaker, and improved his passing skills. He's the surprise so far this season, I don't want him anywhere else... He's fitting all right on this line, he creates space for Alex and Saku with his size. LET THIS LINE LIKE IT IS!

- Tanguay is a great playmaker He always is making perfect, dangerous passes. He created many opportunities. Guillaume and Saku have to be ready, because he passes really well. And he has a crazy shot... he should use it more often.

- Koivu played a great game, was working hard and was inspiring for his teamates.

- AK46 was a little invisible. He got two penalty calls he did not deserve, and from there, he didn't play his game anymore.

- Lang maybe played his less stellar game so far as a Hab. He was doing ok, but the shot attempt on the 3 on 1 was just bad.

- Sergei Kostitsyn played a good game. Maybe not the fastest player in our roster, but he's the most agile, and that's without a doubt.

- Dandenault played ok.

The reffering were brutal... Honestly... it was pathetic.
Was not his best game but pay attention to him on the Kovalev goal. That was an awesome play to open the way for Kovy.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

On TV yes... in the players minds it won't work like that...

If the game was the only time we play this year... or was one of the last games between these two teams maybe... but we have five other games between these two teams.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:44 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
There is something I just remembered that might explain the confusion. On the replay he praised everything that led to that play.

Was not his best game but pay attention to him on the Kovalev goal. That was an awesome play to open the way for Kovy.
Just saw it on Canadiens Express... you're right...

The refs called two bad calls on him... And it's maybe at this point he stopped playing his game though.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:46 PM
Karpodsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post

- Dandenault played ok.

The reffering were brutal... Honestly... it was pathetic.
This is a great résumé. I was in the greys, and the crowd was very loud all game long.

I agree with you on almost everything. Koivu, Tanguay (this guy knows how to pass!) and Lats (great game for him) were very good, they complete each other very well.

As for Plekanec, it might be one of the worst game that i saw from him...kept losing the puck all the time...

Lapierre: Great game...but what was is faceoff %?? I felt like he lost them all...

Georges...i have to disagree...while it wasnt he's best game, he still did a good job on PK for sure and did couple of nice defensive plays...

Referess: well...ouch...

Old
10-15-2008, 11:52 PM
znk

What the hell...the game is available on TSN.ca
Here is the 3rd period and the Brisebois play is at 14:25
http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl-games-on-dem...ns/#clip103046

I thought I detected sarcasm on his description but not quite sure now.

Old
10-15-2008, 11:54 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

maybe ryder already knew about that board flaw

it wasn't the only time it happened in the game, maybe when the b's were in that zone in the second they noticed it, because i sure did, no one was around to pick the puck up though that time, it came right out in front

what do you do in a situation like that? i thought the refs would have been able to call that goal off, like if a ref gets in the way of the play too much disrupting the flow of the game

sometimes it's harmless, like it was earlier in the game, but if a guy knows right where to put the puck it can be a game changer

ryder got what he deserved when he missed in the shootout imo

Old
10-16-2008, 12:02 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
What the hell...the game is available on TSN.ca
Here is the 3rd period and the Brisebois play is at 14:25
http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl-games-on-dem...ns/#clip103046

I thought I detected sarcasm on his description but not quite sure now.
Yeah, I really don't think their was sarcasm. I think he was laughing because he didn't expect it.. but he said Brisebois "has been around" and that it took "a lot of skill there.."

I also think he knew where Hamrlik was because when he hit the guy, he was facing towards Hamrlik, then made the pass.

Also, not to be a homer or anything, but after watching that small section of the game there.. that was a heck of an effort Brisebois for once.

He made a poke-check on Yelle to push the puck out of a dangerous zone, then made a huge hit on Sobotka, and then made a risky, but successful pass to Hamrlik.

I thought tonight was his best game all season, which isn't saying much.. but if he plays like he did tonight, he's not a liability and that's all you can ask.

Old
10-16-2008, 12:19 AM
mlandry

Reading the thread, god I hope there's no injury to Saku or that there's no pissing match between him and Carbo... having the captain unhappy just creates a bad atmosphere in the team. I know he's probably not happy with the reduced role this year but anyways, too soon to jump to conclusions. Maybe it's as some others have pointed out that Carbo was pissed that he was booing Ryder... Which brings up the point, was Ryder hated by his team mates?

Closed Thread