HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs win in Shootout...4-3 over the Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2008, 10:20 AM
11Goat11
Inside her

vCash: 500
Was not the best game by the boys but a win is a win. We are a competitive team now and are not competing with the Bruins for a playoff spot (they'll both make it) so the extra point we gave them is negligible imo. The Habs were a minute away from closing them out and pretty much controlled the play before the fluke goal, the Bruins have a good team this year so no need to get over dramatic with the post game comments even though they are a hated rival.

Ryder reminded me of his rookie season last night, had that drive that was missing from last year, if he played like that last season we would have re-signed him.

Props to Laps and TKost, important role players that contenders need. I am a big Chipchura supporter but with each day passing I see him being sent down unless Laps is moved to the wing.

Also I like Lats a lot but I think we will see an overall improvment with the team when Higgins goes back to Koivu, Tanger line, and Gui moves to the Lang, SKost line. I think Higgins speed and moxy will compliment Koivu and Tanguay much better, Gui will still thrive playing on the third which will be a much better offensive line with TKost on the 4th.

Old
10-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
me too, hence my sarcastic remark
That's why you're comment made me laugh.

Old
10-16-2008, 10:22 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Goat11 View Post
Was not the best game by the boys but a win is a win. We are a competitive team now and are not competing with the Bruins for a playoff spot (they'll both make it) so the extra point we gave them is negligible imo. The Habs were a minute away from closing them out and pretty much controlled the play before the fluke goal, the Bruins have a good team this year so no need to get over dramatic with the post game comments even though they are a hated rival.

Ryder reminded me of his rookie season last night, had that drive that was missing from last year, if he played like that last season we would have re-signed him.

Props to Laps and TKost, important role players that contenders need. I am a big Chipchura supporter but with each day passing I see him being sent down unless Laps is moved to the wing.

Also I like Lats a lot but I think we will see an overall improvment with the team when Higgins goes back to Koivu, Tanger line, and Gui moves to the Lang, SKost line. I think Higgins speed and moxy will compliment Koivu and Tanguay much better, Gui will still thrive playing on the third which will be a much better offensive line with TKost on the 4th.

Why fix what's not broken, Higgins will play well with Lang and Kost

Lats is playing well with Tangs and Koivu

Old
10-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by laubelroc View Post
he did not look very happy last night carbs new whipping boy this year.
yes I saw it carbs sux gtg kthnx bai.

Old
10-16-2008, 10:25 AM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPrice View Post
Whoa, did I miss something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
Koivu did what to Carbo and Ryder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
I want to know why Koivu did not play in OT
SO WHAT HAPPENNED TO KOIVU!!!

WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING..

Old
10-16-2008, 10:25 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post

Exactly !

Lang's line has even more ice time than Koivu's line. So, it is not a demotion.

Unless Higgins is traded in the next few hours to the Wild

Old
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
BLONG7

Sidenote....man Higgins did not look happy last night, not being dressed. Good game by the Habs, they always seem to beat the B's in the first period, and then take their foot off the pedal, and the B's climb back in...we should have won in regulation if not for the bounce...

Old
10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
SO WHAT HAPPENNED TO KOIVU!!!

WHY IS NO ONE ANSWERING..

No info has been made available yet.

Old
10-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Newhabfan

The game was a cold shower that did not cost us points. I don't want to go the Patriots 2007 route. Players have to wake up. It was a learning experience.

As things go right now, I expect that Tanguay will ask to be "demoted" to the third line, with Lang and SK I mean, did anyone count the number of awesome passes he did last game to either of his teammates that were not controlled or useful ? Must be frustrating for him. Sure that Lats has shown a lot of good things this year, but his decision skills under pressure are what hurts him. Maybe this will change with experience and with goal inspired confidence.

So no, I do not suggest to change that line - let them play together another 5-10 games before any decision. However, it seems to me that Tanguay is becoming the most valuable offensive player in that line, and battling for the title of second in the team after Kovy.

Old
10-16-2008, 10:36 AM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post

he's not fast enough for that line, he missed some great opportunities last night because he was too slow, higgins would fit perfect with tanguay and koivu, not to mention he's better at finishing

Old
10-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
No info has been made available yet.
still no info, but it's continuing into practice...

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/261723.html

Old
10-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post

Oh not good...hopefully Carbo is just giving him a rest. Thanks for the update Turbo.

Old
10-16-2008, 10:39 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post

It's weird but I kinda hope it's an injury...

Old
10-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Tuggy
Homer glasses on

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKiwi View Post
It's weird but I kinda hope it's an injury...
You hope he is hurt?

Old
10-16-2008, 10:59 AM
albertabound

Back to Chipchura - the kid did look really sad- come on Carbo send him to Hamilton and quit playing head games. I think that Gainey has faith in Chip but for some reason Carbo needs a whipping boy since Ryder is now gone and Carbo is soo scare that Lapierre might be out played by Chipper that he won't give this kid a chance just in case he does look better and the media gets on his no hockey sense lapierre-last night he did play well but come on folks he was brave cause of BGL was playing any other games he is pooping his pants and can't concentrate on playing. Watch next time BGL is in the press box Lappy will be dumb dumb.....SEND CHIP DOWN or trade before he gets to badly whip and looses confidence...

Old
10-16-2008, 10:59 AM

I don't get the boarding call on AK46 last night...i've watched it again, and I still don't get it

Old
10-16-2008, 11:06 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
The game was a cold shower that did not cost us points. I don't want to go the Patriots 2007 route. Players have to wake up. It was a learning experience.

As things go right now, I expect that Tanguay will ask to be "demoted" to the third line, with Lang and SK I mean, did anyone count the number of awesome passes he did last game to either of his teammates that were not controlled or useful ? Must be frustrating for him. Sure that Lats has shown a lot of good things this year, but his decision skills under pressure are what hurts him. Maybe this will change with experience and with goal inspired confidence.

So no, I do not suggest to change that line - let them play together another 5-10 games before any decision. However, it seems to me that Tanguay is becoming the most valuable offensive player in that line, and battling for the title of second in the team after Kovy.
I agree... but at some point, I WANT to see Tanguay play with Kovy... Tanguay is a pass-first player... Kovy would complete him nicely... They already show chemestry on the PP together.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Blades 0f Steel

I wouldn't read too much into who looked 'sad' and who didn't. These guys want to be playing, they should all look sad. That said, I'd probably look uncomfortable with the spotlight & 20,000 stares directed at me while I'm just standing there & it could be misconstrued as 'sadness'.

Old
10-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I wouldn't read too much into who looked 'sad' and who didn't. These guys want to be playing, they should all look sad. That said, I'd probably look uncomfortable with the spotlight & 20,000 stares directed at me while I'm just standing there & it could be misconstrued as 'sadness'.
Exactly 'cause wasn't Bégin smiling when he was presented to the crowd? And if there was one guy who had to be unhappy, that would have been him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
You hope he is hurt?
I guess he prefers that to a trade....

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 10-16-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old
10-16-2008, 11:43 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I guess he prefers that to a trade....
That or a feud with the coach...

Old
10-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post

Koivu's line is the one that has gathered the most points since the beginning of the season. This line is clicking really well, creating good opportunities every game.
Higgins will come back to play on Lang's line with S.Kost.

Tanguay is not frustrated at all. You think players are supposed to score after every nice pass they receive?..This is not pee-wee house league hockey buddy..

He's on a line that's working pretty well so far, he has nothing to be pissed about.

Old
10-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Most of the great Kovalev dekes during the game

Both Kostitsyns hits

O'Byrne Destruction

Old
10-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Exactly 'cause wasn't Bégin smiling when he was presented to the crowd? And if there was one guy who had to be unhappy, that would have been him.
If I remember correctly, Cube was also smiling and even waving to the crowd.

Old
10-16-2008, 12:25 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

Quote:
Originally Posted by blicemj View Post
he's not fast enough for that line, he missed some great opportunities last night because he was too slow, higgins would fit perfect with tanguay and koivu, not to mention he's better at finishing
I agree. I'm not in the Lats is fat and too slow for the NHL camp, but I guarantee Higgins goes back on that line when he gets back. Lats is just proving he deserves a spot on the roster and can play on the PP with Koivu. Going on the Lang line is not a demotion, just an upgrade from TKost, and he gets to play with SKost, one of the most dynamic forwards we have.

Old
10-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Davebo
BeepBeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
[B][U]

Both Kostitsyns hits

Love the Sergei hit above - the hapless 'ruin has no idea the little European guy might get in his way. You can tell by his trajectory that he planned to merely skate past that friendly little guy...

Who was it that got knocked on his ass, btw?

Last edited by Davebo: 10-16-2008 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Added quote
Closed Thread